Dali Coolant bottle.....

I just installed all the Dali Racing chrome and hoses, etc..... Everything went fairly smooth....however,,,, The coolant bottle was a bitch.. Has anyone installed this? The bottom coolant hose doesn't seem to fit so well and seems to be too long for the new bottles location. It has a lot of stress on it because it takes a sharp angle to where it goes on the new bottle. I am very worried that it is going to pop off. I was thinking of cutting the hose a little shorter and using a screw-type clamp rather than the spring-style factory clamp... Is this what everyone else has done? Does this hose have pressure or just a flow hose? Thanks.

------------------
nsx_02.jpg

Todd Arnold
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

I just installed my Dali coolant bottle last week, and I too had a heck of a time trying to get the bottom hose on. Becuase the hose was almost pinched closed, I decided to cut off about 1/2-3/4" off the hose and it seems to fit better. I am also thinking about adding a more secure hose clamp as I do not trust the stock spring type clamp.

BTW I must say I LOVE the way the Dali bottle looks. It is well worth the price to eliminate that nasty, huge, white, eyesore that came with the car. IMO the stock piece ruins what is otherwise a gorgeous engine compartment.

Do the stainless steel hoses look good enough to justify the $300 cost? I would love to do the switch, but I think I will find a more cost effective way. What color did you install? Can't wait for the pics.

Back