• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali seat cushion info needed

I definitely need 1-2" of extra head room and just read about the Dali cushion. This seems like the exact thing I need! Can someone tell me how easy it is to install? Also, how comfortable is it? Thanks!

Yes.....2" inches could make a world of difference :biggrin: Let me know how to sign up :biggrin: :biggrin: I just remove my stock seat bottom and install a foam pad I cut and it gives me enough clearance where my helmet doesn't hit the headliner. Hope that helps.

Is there any way to remove the seat bottom without taking out the entire seat?

I also read that people were having troubles buying stuff from Dali. Is this still the case? If so, is there anyone else selling these types of cushions?

sanglee24 said:
I also read that people were having troubles buying stuff from Dali. Is this still the case? If so, is there anyone else selling these types of cushions?

Dali's pretty much got the market cornered on that one. He carries some products no one else has or that would be much more difficult/expensive to get/make elsewhere.

I don't like to get involved in defending Mark Johnson but I can tell you that I've ordered $10,000+ in parts from him over 2+ years and I'm extremely satisfied. You'll find that the vast majority of his customers are extremely satisfied as well. There are, however, many customers that are extremely unsatisfied. Your chances of being satisifed are better than not but there are a lot of horror stories here on Prime which I cannot dismiss.

FWIW he has a very good track record on simple orders. Problems tend to arise from credits, core charges and returns but that is not a rule. I have heard of rare instances of simple order issues but again, those seem to be rare.

My best advice is to use your credit card or PayPal so that if any issues arise you have some degree of recourse. I've read of Mark coming around fast when a PayPal complaint is lodged.

The expert on this matter would be;
"NSX2TALL"
I met him in Chicago, and boy he ain't kiddin' he is tall, but fits in the NSX. I believe he drives WITHOUT a seat cushion.

I think best bet is to take your factory cushion and install a smaller piece of foam in there, any good car upholstry place can do this. I am having this done. I have seen the dali cushion and really it won't match well with your seat as the type of leather is different and its not perforated. Its probably better with the older NSX seats.

If Dali has it in stock, then you will get your order. If not, then join the rest of us who he screwed over.

And for the record, I've spent over $6,000 with him before he screwed me over for something that costs less than $100.

His loss. I have more money to spend but not with that Martha Focker.

Matt_337 said:
His loss. I have more money to spend but not with that Martha Focker.

I've got no bones to pick with MJ or anyone else but I had to say that I thought this was crass and funny as hell at the same time. Must remember to use this myself.

TURBO2GO said:
I think best bet is to take your factory cushion and install a smaller piece of foam in there, any good car upholstry place can do this. I am having this done. I have seen the dali cushion and really it won't match well with your seat as the type of leather is different and its not perforated. Its probably better with the older NSX seats.
Great idea! I wouldn't mind using some of the tempurpedic material used for beds and pillows. Wonder how it would feel?

sanglee24 said:
Great idea! I wouldn't mind using some of the tempurpedic material used for beds and pillows. Wonder how it would feel?

I would use something more dense. I think 1-2" thick of that stuff would bottom out on the pan.

Now that is an even better idea! A tempur-pedic cushion... I have the bed and love it. You can just buy a pillow, cut it to the right size/shape, and use it. It would take some experimentation but it might turn out great!

Aero said:
I would use something more dense. I think 1-2" thick of that stuff would bottom out on the pan.

Maybe... I think its worth trying... I am going to go sit on my Tempur pillow and report back the results. :biggrin:

I think I will experiment with this. I also have a temper bed (love it!) and will see if the cushion will bottom out. I assume the stock pad is around 4" tall? Thus, I would need around 2-3" of temper material as it would compress more than a regular pad.

My dali cushion is about 1.5-2 inches thick maybe. You can experiment and get it perfect. Make it as thick as you can just where it doesn't bottom out then you'll have as much headroom as you'll get with the Dali cushion. You might try latex foam too but its a bit more expensive.

You can figure out the spring constant of the material if you want and get it exactly.

Weight Rump=(k)(distance compressed)

once you get k (spring constant), you can adjust thickness to what you need:

Weight/k= thickness needed...:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

sanglee24 said:
I think I will experiment with this. I also have a temper bed (love it!) and will see if the cushion will bottom out. I assume the stock pad is around 4" tall? Thus, I would need around 2-3" of temper material as it would compress more than a regular pad.

I do have the Dali seat cushion, just haven't gotten around to install it. The foam is ALOT more firm than the termper bed padding (at least that's what I am thinking of) that you are thinking of? You'll need something firm below while on the track. Anything soft you'll fee metal directly below.

I ordered the seat cushion within 2 weeks of buying the car. Fits very well and absolutely provides the headroom as detailed.

My only issue now is that I need extra width, too. (The cushion couldn't help with this one!)

I have had several transaction with Mark. Always injects humour and has always delivered immediately.

TC
2004 Berlina CTSC

I read somewhere on prime about a guy who took his OEM cushion out, cut 2" off the bottom, and put it back. I like that idea the best... just unwrap the leather from around the bottom, do the surgery, re-wrap the leather, put the thing back in place... maybe re-secure it with velcro or something for easy future removal.

I originally made a basic seat cushion out of 2" of dense upholstery foam and covered it with black vinyl. For my purposes it worked quite well, gave me lots of headroom and as an added bonus really stuck me into the seat at the track.
It felt like I was part of the car.

Really nice but I wanted something that looked better so I got the Dali cloth seat (for better seat traction at the track than leather). It sits higher than my custom job but is still lower that stock and looks way better. If I hadn't have thrown it away, I'd still use the custom cushion for the track since it sits so low...

Back