• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Danica Patrick is Amazing!!!

Joined
8 June 2001
Messages
343
Location
Kabul, Afghanistan
Just watched the Indi 500, wow!!! this girl Danica Patrick almost won it if it wasnt for fuel starvation in the final lap. But she finished fourth nevertheless which is amazing for a rookie. Good publicity for Honda, and its about time a girl kick some butt in a sport largely dominated by testosterone.

http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story/3633888
 

Attachments

  • car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,130
  • danica1.jpg
    danica1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 2,174
I normally don't watch racing on tv, especially oval, but I watched the final 70 laps today, pulling for Danica. I'm as impressed by her age as I'm her gender. Anyone know the youngest person to ever win the 500?

Forgive my ignorance regarding professional racing, (I don't know the difference between CART, IRL, etc.) but what league does she race in? And is it comprised of strictly oval, or road courses as well?

Will
 
WillErickson said:
I normally don't watch racing on tv, especially oval, but I watched the final 70 laps today, pulling for Danica. I'm as impressed by her age as I'm her gender. Anyone know the youngest person to ever win the 500?

Forgive my ignorance regarding professional racing, (I don't know the difference between CART, IRL, etc.) but what league does she race in? And is it comprised of strictly oval, or road courses as well?

Will


Youngest ever to win ... 22 (More here )


Edit - Just looked at IRL schedule page. There would seem to be three road courses.

She races IRL... I beleive they only run ovals ... unless they added a road course recently.
 
patrick9.jpg
 
speaking of which, what position does the guy driver who complained Danica is 100lbs. lighter than him??
Couple questions:
1. Does IRL limiting minimum weight(including driver) as F1??
2. Even they put ballast on Danica's car to make it heavier as his, they still put the ballsast at the best place to gain some advantage on him. Now what can he compaint??
3. I'm not a professional driver, even though we use the same excuse when me and freinds going to indoor karting; The IRL car's power to weight ratio is much much higher, if this weight thing is bothering him, and he's way heavier than the median, lose some weight, or get into Nascar or something....

I do found whatever he complaint as a pro race driver was an insult and a shame; thus I watched my first Indy race today.

Yet, more amazing is that she looks good after that 200 laps, wonder what kind of make up is that... oh, did I mentioned she's a good driver??
 
Yes, Robby Gordon made an ass out of himself for complaining about Patricks weight advantage, but even though he didn't present it well, he had a legitimate concern. I was surprised to learn that IRL doesn't weigh with the driver. If you really want to test driver skill, then the cars should all weigh the same when they hit the track, which means that they should be weighed with the driver.
 
This was the first Indy 500 I've watched too (and the whole thing)...sounds like Danica drew a lot of first time viewers.

In any other year, there'd be a thread on Prime about Honda powered cars taking the top four places... :D
 
Dave Hardy said:
Yes, Robby Gordon made an ass out of himself for complaining about Patricks weight advantage, but even though he didn't present it well, he had a legitimate concern. I was surprised to learn that IRL doesn't weigh with the driver. If you really want to test driver skill, then the cars should all weigh the same when they hit the track, which means that they should be weighed with the driver.
I thought he presented it in the most curtious way possible, first he stated that he was not racing, and therefore had nothing direct to gain by her not being there.
second, he brought up a valid point. In a time where everything is carbon fiber just to save ounces, that car with danica in it is a full 100 lbs lighter
analogy of him having to jump on a horse and try to win the kentucky derby against some 95 lb brazillians is the same thing!
NASCAR, for all its misgivings, at least goes so far as to weigh the car, driver, and gear together to get the total weight.
Give danica some ballasts, then we'll see if shes has the fastest qualifying times.
 
Here's a few more hot pics for all you Danica fans out there. :biggrin:
7367danica2.jpg

7367danica4.jpg

7367danica7.jpg
 
Last edited:
hey baby!!! Even with the ballast, it'll still be not fair with the fat guy. The ballast can be put at the lowest point of the car, to further balance the car, adding traction...etc...

Danica doesn't look like a 95 lbs. Japanese racing queen, so are you telling me that guy is 250lbs or something? If that's the case, he's lucky to even be able to get in the Indycar...
I'm not discriminating, competition is competition, you want to bring in a fair game, but you just can't manipulate someone's advantage. I can see his point, but there's nothing to complaint about, what's next? We are going to have some 5 ft. guys in NBA and they demand making the hoops shorter???
 
She's an amazing driver, indeed, but I don't find her particularly attractive. I dunno, probably just me.
 
Ponyboy said:
She's an amazing driver, indeed, but I don't find her particularly attractive.
Ponyboy, your posts have changed since your wife started browsing the NSXprime forums...
 
Back
Top