• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dave's front compliance clamps, New finish

Re: Dave's front compliance clamps, New finish!

I'll take a set!

Question do they protrude into the wheel well at all and would they rub on over sized rims / tires? Thx!

My set do not protrude into the wheel well, if your tires clear now, they will clear with my clamps. I first designed these because my track tires were rubbing on my Comptech clamps.

Dave, Just ordered my parts from SoS! Cant wait...... my next part will be the rear beam... quick question - does the rear have toe links and should i upgrade them? Or does this come with the new rear beam?

Rear beam bushings and toe links NEED to be changed as a set, I sell them separately or as a package.

Re:GB Dave's front compliance clamps, New finish!

Glad there is so much interest.

Lets' do a group buy, $200 shipped Priority USPS, including PayPal fees, first 10 folks:
1. PKim

Thanks,
Dave

Rear beam bushings and toe links NEED to be changed as a set, I sell them separately or as a package.

ok cool last question - installing these front and rear toe links and beams how much labor does this require? i know it requires an alignment afterwards right?

Re: GB Dave's front compliance clamps, New finish!

I'll take a set

Lets' do a group buy, $200 shipped Priority USPS, including PayPal fees, first 10 folks:
1. PKim
2. Turbo2Go

Thanks,
Dave

ok cool last question - installing these front and rear toe links and beams how much labor does this require? i know it requires an alignment afterwards right?

It's a big job(3-4 hours), need to drop the rear beam, exhaust and lower suspension arms. Yes you will need to get your car aligned afterwards, you will want to anyway to take advantage of the reduced camber!

Hey Dave,
If you have another set of these I'll take a set.

thanks,
paul

PM sent

Dave

I'll take a set.

1. PKim
2. Turbo2Go
3. kwinkler

I’m confused on what exactly the group buy is for…… are we talking about the front compliance clamps or the rear beam bushings or the toe links?

Thanks,

Steve

I’m confused on what exactly the group buy is for…… are we talking about the front compliance clamps or the rear beam bushings or the toe links?

Thanks,

Steve

It's for the front clamps (original topic of thread). The rear beam and toe links are roughly $500 each.

Hey thanks alot for you input. I am just a little confused about your recommendation. Are you saying to just get the front compliance clamps only? or the combination of front clamps, with rear beam with poly bushings, and the non-compliance toe links as well?
Thanks

That all depends on your budget... get it all if you can, duh! The front clamps are a far easier install compared to the rear beam and toe links, and cost less initially as well. So for $200 and 30 minutes the clamps are a no-brainer. The other parts are well worth the price as well, they just require more investment up front, installation cost is a factor since it's not an easy DIY, you need an alignment afterwards, and you have to install/buy both the beam/toe links together so you are looking at 1G minimum (probably 1200-1500) vs 200 bones. Though in all fairness, they do different things so it's apples to oranges.

It's for the front clamps (original topic of thread). The rear beam and toe links are roughly $500 each.

Thank you for clearing that up:smile:. I know the thread started out discussing front compliance clamps but then people starting talking about the rear beam bushings and toe links.

You said the rear beam and toe links are about $500 each. Are these not the items you are referring too?

Toe Links: $198
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ.../NSX/ScienceofSpeed/non-compliance/toe-links/

Rear Beam Bushing: $290 for the kit or $495 for them pre-installed
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ.../NSX/ScienceofSpeed/non-compliance/rear_beam/

Also,in regards to the front compliance clamps, $200 for a group buy is more expensive than what SOS sells them for. I guess if you figure in shipping and tax, $200 is a little bit cheaper.

Front Compliance Clamps: $197
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/suspension_performance_products/NSX/Cedar_Ridge/pivot_clamps/

Thank you for clearing that up:smile:. I know the thread started out discussing front compliance clamps but then people starting talking about the rear beam bushings and toe links.

You said the rear beam and toe links are about $500 each. Are these not the items you are referring too?

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ.../NSX/ScienceofSpeed/non-compliance/toe-links/

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ.../NSX/ScienceofSpeed/non-compliance/rear_beam/

Also,in regards to the front compliance clamps, $200 for a group buy is more expensive than what SOS sells them for. I guess if you figure in shipping and tax, $200 is a little bit cheaper.

Front Compliance Clamps: $197
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/suspension_performance_products/NSX/Cedar_Ridge/pivot_clamps/

The clamps are the only parts I make from that list, the group buy is free shipping and all fees are included so it's a bit cheaper, yes.

The Beam bushings I replace with stainless spherical bearings which outlast any other product on the market, plus my design allows you to reduce OR increase rear camber, always adjustable. (Working on a front set too)

Cedar Ridge Fabrication toe links use NHBB rod ends, the rod ends alone are over $200. They seem to last forever, over 50 track days and 40K road miles and still going strong. SOS uses Aurora rod ends which I have use in the past seem to be fine if you are easy on the car, but don't last if you push the car hard. My parts are geared more toward racing, so I tend to focus on only the strongest, longest lasting parts I can get because my customers can't afford a failure.

Last edited:

I got my pricing info from http://www.ct-engineering.com/store/suspension10.html

Unless you have a press for the bushings you have to buy the rear beam on exchange. I like TiDave's parts bc they are geared towards longevity.

Sorry if I got off-topic on the thread.

Last edited:

The clamps are the only parts I make from that list, the group buy is free shipping and all fees are included so it's a bit cheaper, yes.

The Beam bushings I replace with stainless spherical bearings which outlast any other product on the market, plus my design allows you to reduce OR increase rear camber, always adjustable. (Working on a front set too)

Cedar Ridge Fabrication toe links use NHBB rod ends, the rod ends alone are over $200. They seem to last forever, over 50 track days and 40K road miles and still going strong. SOS uses Aurora rod ends which I have use in the past seem to be fine if you are easy on the car, but don't last if you push the car hard. My parts are geared more toward racing, so I tend to focus on only the strongest, longest lasting parts I can get because my customers can't afford a failure.

Wow! Lot of good information… I’m glad you clarified that. I thought all the non-compliance parts that SOS sells were made by you. So I guess now my question is how much do you sell the rear beam bearings for? I can have my tuner install them so no need for an “install/exchange” price. Also, how much for the toe links that compliment the beam?

Any plans on putting a package deal together (Front clamps, Rear beam bearings and Rear toe links)?:smile:

Thanks,

Steve

Yea I thought the parts in this thread that SoS sells was made by you Dave! No? :redface:

Yea I thought the parts in this thread that SoS sells was made by you Dave! No? :redface:

SOS sells my front clamps, Chris has another vendor make his beam bushings and his toe links. My parts are more expensive than the other options.

Any plans on putting a package deal together (Front clamps, Rear beam bearings and Rear toe links)?:smile:

Good idea, I will start a new thread with a complete package, $999 for the set. I don't charge for the install of the beam bearings, but I can send the sets out loose for those who want to save the shipping cost and pay someone local to do the work. I have 2 beams I can have made up for exchange.

PM me if you are interested the package, if you want to 'upgrade' from this GB for 'clamps only' and have already sent me $, let me know and I can credit.

Thanks,
Dave

Hey Dave,

How are your toe links different from comptechs or SOS's? How much for just those, and would it be ok to use those with the "comptech" rear beam?

Hey Dave,

How are your toe links different from comptechs or SOS's? How much for just those, and would it be ok to use those with the "comptech" rear beam?

CT and I use the same rod ends, that's why we are about the same price. Toe links alone are $495, they are lighter than the CT parts and are nickle plated so they look super cool!

You can mix and match any aftermarket beam bushings/bearings and rigid toe links. You CAN NOT mix stock beam bushings/toe links with rigid beam bushings/toe links because you will get dynamic rear toe change with cornering load!

CT and I use the same rod ends, that's why we are about the same price. Toe links alone are $495, they are lighter than the CT parts and are nickle plated so they look super cool!

You can mix and match any aftermarket beam bushings/bearings and rigid toe links. You CAN NOT mix stock beam bushings/toe links with rigid beam bushings/toe links because you will get dynamic rear toe change with cornering load!

Can you elaborate on this? I love this subject!

meatwad_dancing.gif

1. PKim
2. Turbo2Go
3. kwinkler
4. Myaddiction

Back