• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dave's front compliance clamps, New finish

I just got back the latest version of my front compliance clamps! These are finished with Electro-less Nickel, harder and fancier looking than the hard anodizing I have been using for years. All the bolts are now zinc plated for corrosion resistance. All these refinements haven pushed the cost up a bit but I think it has made a better looking part which should stay that way longer!

To celebrate these refinements I am going to offer the first 10 sets for $190, including shipping in the continental US.

Please PM me if you want a set!

Chris at SOS will have these in stock shortly too!!!!! Don't worry if you miss out on the these...

Attachments

• new front compliance clamps, nickel.jpg
    new front compliance clamps, nickel.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 834
Re: Dave's front compliance clamps, New finish!

So what's the trade in on the "OLD SET" :redface: :tongue:

I know door stops :confused:

So what's the trade in on the "OLD SET" :redface: :tongue:

I know door stops :confused:

The only difference is the finish, I recommend have both colors so you can accessories...'Those clamps need to match your pumps, Girlfriend!'

Back in stock if any one is looking for a set of Compliance clamps! It has been a while since I have had these on the shelf, finally was able to get them made at the same price I was getting last winter!

NSXPO 2008 special--$195 shipped in the continental US!

PM me if you need a set!

See you at NSXPO 2008!

Dave

Can I order them and pick them up at NSXPO?

That works great Bob, I will have a set with your name on them!

Thanks,
Dave

Im happy with my wacky blue colored ones:biggrin:

Hey Dave, how, much for new zinc plated bolts? (mine are starting to rust) Too lazy to figure out what sizes, etc and go to the hardware store.

Hey Dave, how, much for new zinc plated bolts? (mine are starting to rust) Too lazy to figure out what sizes, etc and go to the hardware store.
The bolts are custom parts, stupid expensive $10 each. Happy to sell you some new plated if you want to trade up.

LMK,
Dave

WOW! That's $80 for the set? I guess a little rust never hurt anything. :rolleyes:

Oh, sorry, that is the price for the 10 mm bolts(4 parts), the little 8 mm are $2 each...the 8 mm were changed to zinc, and then nickel as a running change so most of the sets were sent out with plated bolts. $48 for all 8 bolts...still expensive...:rolleyes:

A quick reminder, NSXPO is just around the corner, and the price is good till next Thursday. $195 includes all fees and shipping.

Hope to see you in Portland.

Dave

when do you need the front compliance clamps? Like how do you know if you need them or not?

The factory front suspension includes a device called the compliance pivot assembly. The assembly consists of an upright member that secures the front control arms. This member pivots and is dampened by rubber bushings to absorb shock to the chassis to improve rider comfort. Besides the rotational movement, the rubber bushings allow inwards deflection of the front control arms which leads to dynamic toe change during load. These clamps fix the upright assembly into place decreasing toe change during braking and cornering which improves handling and stability with out noticeable decrease in ride comfort.

Are there special tools need for this job? Do I need a realignment afterward? Thanks Moses for the good info BTW.

The clamps have no effect on the alignment, they just keep the compliance joint from moving.

No special tools, just the usual sockets plus a set of socket head drivers.

I have sets in stock if you need them.

Dave

Are there special tools need for this job? Do I need a realignment afterward? Thanks Moses for the good info BTW.

David,

I installed these myself a few weeks ago, it is very easy. I can help you install them if you are in Houston if you'd like. The hardest part was getting the original long bolts off bc they've been on for so long, otherwise it would take 10 minutes longer than it would take to remove/reinstall two wheels.

Installed Pic:
WwaxRelF7T_VRQvijBA3liD8A18GS0av

when do you need the front compliance clamps? Like how do you know if you need them or not?

They make your car more predictable at the limit (I think the front clamps are excellent under hard braking before entering turns), which due to the mid engine configuration is a huge plus. IMO, if you have ever experienced the tail end come around on you and been surprised, then you were driving either hard enough or stupid enough that you would benefit from the front clamps, the rear beam with poly bushings, and the non-compliance toe links bc there would be more warning next time. If it says non-compliance, then you "need" it. :biggrin: These are regarded as the best handling improvements for the NSX bc it increases communication between the driver and the machine. I don't know that they make the machine any better per se, but they certainly help the driver out significantly. IIRC, Honda didn't use these in the original "road" cars bc they were not in line with their goal of building the everyday or usable exotic (ultimate performance was weighed against other needs such as comfort). Also, notice in the NSX-R Honda did a lot of tweaking to the front of the car to make the car behave better (stiff front spring rate, chassis reinforcement, etc.)

Last edited:

I'll take a set!

Question do they protrude into the wheel well at all and would they rub on over sized rims / tires? Thx!

Hey Dave,
If you have another set of these I'll take a set.

thanks,
paul

They make your car more predictable at the limit (I think the front clamps are excellent under hard braking before entering turns), which due to the mid engine configuration is a huge plus. IMO, if you have ever experienced the tail end come around on you and been surprised, then you were driving either hard enough or stupid enough that you would benefit from the front clamps, the rear beam with poly bushings, and the non-compliance toe links bc there would be more warning next time. If it says non-compliance, then you "need" it. :biggrin: These are regarded as the best handling improvements for the NSX bc it increases communication between the driver and the machine. I don't know that they make the machine any better per se, but they certainly help the driver out significantly. IIRC, Honda didn't use these in the original "road" cars bc they were not in line with their goal of building the everyday or usable exotic (ultimate performance was weighed against other needs such as comfort). Also, notice in the NSX-R Honda did a lot of tweaking to the front of the car to make the car behave better (stiff front spring rate, chassis reinforcement, etc.)

Hey thanks alot for you input. I am just a little confused about your recommendation. Are you saying to just get the front compliance clamps only? or the combination of front clamps, with rear beam with poly bushings, and the non-compliance toe links as well?
Thanks

Hey thanks alot for you input. I am just a little confused about your recommendation. Are you saying to just get the front compliance clamps only? or the combination of front clamps, with rear beam with poly bushings, and the non-compliance toe links as well?
Thanks

At this time there are no poly bushings for the rear. The set of beam bearings I sell ($500 installed in your beam/exchange) allow you to reduce the camber as well as removing lateral flex, when coupled with rigid toe links it greatly increases lateral grip for improved cornering and feel.

PM if you need parts.

Thanks,
Dave

At this time there are no poly bushings for the rear. The set of beam bearings I sell ($500 installed in your beam/exchange) allow you to reduce the camber as well as removing lateral flex, when coupled with rigid toe links it greatly increases lateral grip for improved cornering and feel.

PM if you need parts.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave, Just ordered my parts from SoS! Cant wait...... my next part will be the rear beam... quick question - does the rear have toe links and should i upgrade them? Or does this come with the new rear beam?

Back