• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DC/Mid-Atlantic Annual NSX meet is May 15

Howard, its terrible that you won't be able to make it...the turn out to this event is appearing to be GREAT* Maybe some last minute scheduling changes will allow you to come after all :biggrin:

I'm in, but I'll be a little late coming to the party. Maybe someone who's definitely going can PM their cell number so I can find out where y'all are at... Hopefully, I'll make it well in advance of the drive.

Arg!!!!!!!

My attendance is now tentative :mad:
My birthday is the next day.
I am turning the big 40 :redface:
In addition, my wife's birthday is the 19th and she is making plans for us to go away for the weekend.
She asked me to pack a bag for 2 days and plan to leave after dinner Friday night.
I dont have the heart to tell her to cancel the plans because I want to go to the meet. :frown:

Howard,
I am not so sure I want to deal with driving the one lap NSX into VA again.
I feel very fortunate that we made it through VA without any tickets/jail time etc.
Is there an easy way in and out of the Dealership, highway?
Mike

Mike- from Elkridge, I would go thru Frederick and head South on Rt. 15 to Leesburg. From Leesburg you have two options- the quick way is to take the Leesburg bypass and then hit the Dulles Greenway (toll Rd.) for 9-10 miles and exit the Greenway onto Rte. 28 South. About 7 miles later you will take Rt. 50 East and the Pohanka Acura dealership is on your right, just past the first light. There might be cops on the Greenway and Rt. 28, as they are major arteries. But keep a front license plate on your dash and you should be okay. Option 2: To avoid those roads, just stay on Rt. 15 South thru Leesburg (take the bypass) and when it hits Rt. 50 you go East for maybe 10 miles? Once you go under Rt. 28 (the only bridge you'll pass under) the dealership is there on your right at the light.

We would DEFINITELY like to see this One Lap competitor at the event! :smile:

If you have MD plates, you wont have to worry about the front plate thing while in VA. Although once I did get pulled over in va for not having a tax sticker stamp on my window.

"Officer, as you can see from my plates, I live in MD, and they dont issue VA tax stamp stickers in MD" :smile:

Could you see if it would be possible for me to drop the trailer there friday evening in a secure location.
I am planning on going to Summit Friday just to do ~10 laps to test a few things, and to instruct for BSR.
I could drop the trailer on Friday night and come Down Sunday.
Then again I may just drive it down sunday so I dont have to deal with the trailer etc.????

Wouldnt it be quicker to go 95- 495 to 50 west?
I am only .5 miles from I95
How far out 50 is it?
Mike

It probably would be quicker to go I-95. (I thought you were looking for back roads). Take I-95 to 495 past Tysons. Take 66 West (about 5 miles) then 50 West (about 8? miles). Dealership is on your LEFT before you hit Rt. 28. Pohanka Lexus/Acura/Chevy dealerships are all in a row.

For trailer parking/security, contact Pohanka's GM, Lenny Gonzalez, directly for permission. Tell him about the car and that "Howard sent ya."

I still need a volunteer to lead the "spirited drive" portion of the event this Sunday. Any takers?? -Howard

DCNSX said:
I still need a volunteer to lead the "spirited drive" portion of the event this Sunday. Any takers?? -Howard
I would volunteer, Howard, But I dont think everyone wants to be stopped everytime a cop see's us(or hears me from miles away). AS I said I am counting my lucky stars that I made it through VA and all the states without any tickets. :biggrin:.

Chris & others,

Are you going to go if it's raining?

I won't be there until between 12 - 1, but I'm not terribly excited to go driving in a thunderstorm...

We've had good weather for so many weekends, I'm hopeful that it'll turn it out ok for tomorrow.

Was looking forward to meeting some of the other local NSX'ers....

Michael,
I won't go if it's raining, but if there's a break in the rain and it gets sunny, I'll likely go. Just went to weather.com and it says the chance of rain is only 30%, so I'm trying to be optimistic too.
Chris

It's nice to meet all of you guys today.
Thanks Howard for making this event and our sponsorship " Pohanka Acura".
Hopefully we can get together again sometimes on June / July.

I had a great time meeting everyone - hope to see you all in a future event this summer and fall. Great to see Mike's OLOA car. What a monster SC. Thanks to Pohanka Acura for the hospitality and food. Even the weather wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Tom Pfarr

Click here for some Photos of todays meet

:smile:

17 NSX's and one of those Yellow Italian Things.

CRW_6355.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to see everyone again! Thanks to Howard for planning and Pohanka for hosting it! Also special thanks to Mike for bringing his race car! :)

My first meet as an NSX owner and it was great to meet everyone! My son and I enjoyed every moment. Thanks to all and Pohanka dealership for everything. Look forward to more....

This was my first meet and it was GREAT!
It was good to see those I already knew and also to meet some new owners.
Many thanks to Ponanka for hosting!
Next time, we will have to get a drive in.
I may attend the meet in Balt. next weekend.
I will have my new exhaust in by then :biggrin:

Regards!

Nate in DC

Thanks Howard for setting this up. Thanks also to Pohanka for hosting. We definately need to fit in a drive next time.

So from the pic above, starting at the Ferrari, ending with donwon's kaiser silver...fill in your id...

4. Inexcess
6. Edgemts
11. ak
14. GOTTSPD
15. RSF944
16. charleysung
17. donwon

I think we had a few more show up after the pic was taken...

Back