• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

dead clutch pedal

Whats going on everyone? I have an issue with my 96 nsx that i hope u can help me wth. I remote started my car and when i got in it to go my clutch pedal was to the floor. Would that be the slave cylinder the clutch or the clutch master cylinder? Thanks for any advice.

Check the fluid first. Make sure it is filled to the max line. Then pump the clutch with your hands. It might take a couple of times before it builds pressure.

If this works, you should bleed your clutch fluid to get the air out of the system.

If you do have to change the master or slave clutch cylinder, you should do them in pairs. Otherwise, the cylinder that wasn't change will likely wear out prematurely.

Last edited:
The clutch master has a nasty habit of leaking under the interior carpet.

Check to make sure and clean it up...or the fluid will eat through the floor pan and make the carpet a gooey mess.

Just wanted to say thanks for your advice. Check the master and it was empty. checked under the carpet was dry went to the tranny and its wet at the slave. so I bled the system with some new brake fluid just as a temporary fix until the new master and slave come in with my timing belt and water pump. thanks again guys greatly appreciated!

Back