• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dealer's having problems getting GTR's

I'm not sure why you are getting so personal or being insulting. Considering you don't know anything about me, or my involvement with Nissan, I find your comments childish. I don't think I want to engage in an e-argument so I'll just go ahead and simply acknowledge that I'm simply a gullible fanboi.

LMAO!!!

Dude, I don't know who is feeding you this information. During PDI check, they don't do that much!!! Each car gets a hour dealer labor for EVERY MODEL!!! You really need to learn how NOT to be so gullible.

PDI process consist of nothing more than oil/fluid check, tire pressure, panel checks (for damage during shipping), some times activation of Navigation, etc., that's about it. Do you really think a brand new car requires massive check up when they already done that at the factory before sending it to the boat?

If you know some thing else, please tell us:confused::confused::confused:

Do you think they have to check out the flex capacitor? or Nuclear fusion injection?

It's funny to see dealership roping off a $70k cars like that. They didn't even do that at the local Ferrari Dealers. However, when Newport Import had a McLaren F1, they roped it off.

I agree.

The general clientele at a Nissan dealership is much different than at a Ferrari dealership. The people who step into a Ferrari dealership generally don't come with kids in tow to look at a mini-van, or 16 year old kids looking for their first set of wheels.

With that in mind, if it were my Nissan dealership, I would rope it off too.

If I were the owner of one of these cars (which I'm sure are already pre-sold), I wouldn't want a bunch of people pawing over my car either.

Synth, what dealer have you been working with?

I was on the list at Continental and at the start they would not take deposits but would not give a price either. They ended up at $8k over MSRP and gave me like 24 hours to decide if I wanted a car but could not tell me color, etc.

I said, No Thanks.

^
One of my sponsors of my Nissan website and my previous Z vehicle is Autobarn Nissan. They are getting only 3 GTR's and each one is already pre-sold. Woodfield is getting the most in the chicagoland area, 8-9 IIRC. Based on conversations I've had with them months ago, I'm surprised they are marking up by only 8k. They originally told me they were not preselling and were waiting until they all arrived. Definitely sensed some price gouging. In person, the GTR is amazing. I was hesitant on the looks until I saw/sat in the car in person. Here's a pic of the GTR from Nissan's headquarters when I visited Tokyo in February. The "special edition" silver is AMAZING.

EDIT: oops... pic fixed:
IMG_2630_copy.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you are getting so personal or being insulting. Considering you don't know anything about me, or my involvement with Nissan, I find your comments childish. I don't think I want to engage in an e-argument so I'll just go ahead and simply acknowledge that I'm simply a gullible fanboi.
There is nothing personal here, you just have wrong information.

I bet your involvement with Nissan is a lot less than one of my closest friend, who is sitting here with me reading your post. He just laughed. FYI, he works at Nissan Corp in Torrance California. He was the person who brought the 2 R34 for the press to play with four years ago, if you knew/remember that event.

Last edited:
Synth: I believe those lengthy inspections you speak of take place in Japan before the cars are shipped off.

Vance is right about the inspections that occur here at the dealership or at the port. They are quick and would not result in such a delivery delay. They just go over the car to make sure it is not damaged, and do some other things that Vance mentioned.

Don't trust Nissan dealers. The GM or anyone else there is blowing smoke just to make more money. A lot of dealers promise one thing, take your deposit and then auction the car when it gets there if there is a demand.

The bottom line is, not too often a dealership get to "rip" customer's head off on a given product. Nissan specially. If they can get that extra moola from any suckers who is willing to pay, the lesser suckers will have to wait.

When I said suckers, I'm talking about people who is willing to pay that massive mark up to be the first person to have it.

My friend was supposed to receive his GTR last week I think. He also got the story that his dealer was still pending the dealer inspection/certification. He did get word that his car was at the Port and received a VIN #. I'll ask him tomorrow if he has any new word on his car.

My friend was supposed to receive his GTR last week I think. He also got the story that his dealer was still pending the dealer inspection/certification. He did get word that his car was at the Port and received a VIN #. I'll ask him tomorrow if he has any new word on his car.
If the dealership received the VIN, which they should have by now. The VIN is allocated about a month before the dealership receive the car. They can draft up the purchase contract with the VIN. Without a signed purchase contract, there is nothing the buyer can do if the dealership decides to skip him for a higher pay buyer.

Before you buy one look into the maintance costs, Tran's oil change is $1,000 brake pads and rotors are over $5,000 cost without labor and they have to be replaced at the same time.

Front Rotors = $2,296.52 ($1,148.26 per rotor)
Rear Rotors = $$1,705.96 ($852.98 per rotor)
Front Pads = $708.71 set
Rear Pads = $577.30 set

Total = $5,288.49 (Tax, Labor, SHOP Supplies.....NOT INCLUDED)

What makes you assume a signed purchase contract was not signed? Let's forget about the inspection debate, that is going nowhere. It is well documented that GTR's delivery is being delayed all over the place, as I mentioned before, many dealerships have not completed their GTR requirements. Hence, Nissan will not deliver these to the dealerships until that is met. That is a FACT.

If the dealership received the VIN, which they should have by now. The VIN is allocated about a month before the dealership receive the car. They can draft up the purchase contract with the VIN. Without a signed purchase contract, there is nothing the buyer can do if the dealership decides to skip him for a higher pay buyer.

That is absolutely true, unless this is a grand conspiracty and this inspection/certification does not exist as being suggested here. LAWL.

Correct. I just re-read this thread and realized I may have confused the pre-port inspection vs. the port inspection...we are all talking about two different things. :redface: Yes, this inspection is very involved, much more then any of the other nissans that are shipped (9 laps at test track 10 minutes at redline etc).

Synth: I believe those lengthy inspections you speak of take place in Japan before the cars are shipped off.

Before you buy one look into the maintance costs, Tran's oil change is $1,000 brake pads and rotors are over $5,000 cost without labor and they have to be replaced at the same time.

Front Pads = $708.71 set
Rear Pads = $577.30 set

Does Nissan fabricate these parts? Not likely. The trick is finding out whom to prevent gouging, just like every other manufacturer. Those are sucker prices to go along with sucker mark up.

^please threaten to call Nissan America or something to report them. Make it hell on earth for them please.

That's easy, don't buy their car. Make it Nissan's epic failure. That's the ultimate hell on earth for them. But then that's easy for me to say as I have no desire to buy the car even if I could afford to. I'm already contributing to their hell. :wink::tongue::biggrin:

Front Pads = $708.71 set
Rear Pads = $577.30 set

Holy Hell! I wonder how much these same parts changed on a Ferrari would cost?

Does Nissan fabricate these parts? Not likely. The trick is finding out whom to prevent gouging, just like every other manufacturer. Those are sucker prices to go along with sucker mark up.

Yes for the most part they do, they make a special brake fluid you have to use in the car and the rotors are zinc coated. Just like the tranny fluid that is $90 a quart and it takes 9 of them and it is made for Nissian just for this car. That is what is holding me back on this car.

That's insance. Some of these dealers have so much mark up in these cars, it's pushing $100k. And some are even more. If the parts are this high, I'd rather have a Ferrari. If someone has $100k to spend on a car, they would also have $200k.

I must admit that i have been keeping an eye on the GTR as info has slowly been surfacing. I saw a video on Youtube made by Edmunds where they tested a customers car and they laid down a 3.3 second 0-60 time on asphault with street tires. They also said that the car they tested exceeded all the numbers that the Z06 and 911 Turbo they tested turned in. Their conclusion was that the GTR is a top performer at any price point.

Now im not crazy about the looks of the car but i saw some photos of one wrapped in matte black vinyl and it did look awesome.

I'm going to wait until i have heard some reliability reviews from owners and prices start falling before i serously consider buying one but man ..... those performance numbers are something else.:eek:

When the G35 coupe was first introduced I placed a deposit on one at full MSRP at my local Infiniti dealership in Clearwater, FL.

It was a high demand vehicle at the time and the fully loaded model in Diamond Graphite w/ navi was very hard to find in FL.

The day the vehicle was supposed to arrive I get a call from the salesperson stating that there was an "accident" at the port. According to his story the car fell off the top of the transporter, was completely destroyed, and was already sent to the crusher. He offered to locate another one in production with a 6-8 week wait. Shocked, I asked to speak to the manager who then told me that my car was slightly damaged at port, not totalled, but could not be sold as new, and was to be donated to an automotive mechanics school.

My next call was to Infiniti's national corporate customer service department. The representative was very concerned and proceeded to call the port with my VIN number and called me back within a few hours to say that neither of the above events had taken place and that there was no record of any cars being damaged or destroyed at port.

As soon as I called the dealer back with this info they waffled and put me on hold. Their only response was that they somehow found another G35 coupe that they could get in 1 week! It was VERY clear that the Clearwater dealership had sold off my car to the first person who offered $$$ over MSRP. Steaming, I told them to have my deposit check refund ready for me to collect in 30 minutes and hung up.

The next day the Infiniti Cust Rep called me and said that the GM from the Clearwater dealer called her and berated her for not being a "team player" for telling me the truth instead of perpetrating the lies that they had conjured up.

I eventually ended up driving 6 hours to pick up a coupe from a dealership in Atlanta and have not set foot in the Clearwater dealership since.

I would buy the GT-R today if I knew I could track it and not have to pay $1,000 after track inspection or my warr get's voided. How do they know? The look at the computer and can tell it's been tracks by the speeds and such. Once they get all that bs worked out and I find a good deal on pads and rotors I will get a GT-R.

What makes you assume a signed purchase contract was not signed? Let's forget about the inspection debate, that is going nowhere. It is well documented that GTR's delivery is being delayed all over the place, as I mentioned before, many dealerships have not completed their GTR requirements. Hence, Nissan will not deliver these to the dealerships until that is met. That is a FACT.

Because there is NOT a single complaining party indicate a valid purchase contract was signed by both side. If there is a such contract, the price of the vehicle is sealed. The dealership will have no choice but to release the car to the buyer. If the dealership skip the original contractee, they are liable for any legal matter related to the purchase.

As for the initial allocation, there are just as many Nissan dealer as Honda/Acura dealership; therefore, the initial 1500 units for the year is basically one car per dealership. The top selling dealership may get two units as a bonus.

There is NO long term inspection any where; if ANY manufacture have to hold a newly built car for extended period of time for inspection, the car is NOT production ready.

Two reasons why people are getting those excuses.
1. The dealership is getting more money for the car, therefore, who ever put a deposit down and didn't get the car is due to the fact that others offered more.

2. The initial allocation of 1500 to the US market is conservative and may NOT be accurate. Nissan will built more if the factory can perform. The reason why we get the conservative 1500 number is because this is now global car and Nissan will be able to sell $..T loads. Two/Three years from now, you will be able to buy this car for $500 over dealership invoice and 0.9% financing. Nissan will be pumping out so many of them it will be just like the EVO/STI.

As for the initial allocation, there are just as many Nissan dealer as Honda/Acura dealership; therefore, the initial 1500 units for the year is basically one car per dealership. The top selling dealership may get two units as a bonus.

There is NO long term inspection any where;

Two reasons why people are getting those excuses.
1. The dealership is getting more money and Nissan will be able to sell $..T loads. Two/Three years from now, you will be able to buy this car for $500 over dealership invoice and 0.9% financing. Nissan will be pumping out so many of them it will be just like the EVO/STI.

But not every dealer is getting the GTR. Only those dealers certified and trained to service the GTR will sell it. My local Nissan is getting 6 GTR's. And this car will not be abundant like sti and evo's

Back