• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DeTomaso Pantera SI

F N sweet.....now I know why I like panteras, its like muscle car and sports car all rolled into one........:cool:

Stop it, I may have to join the list........:biggrin:

Well, I took the plunge on a deal I could not pass up. Aside from my not so ideal current situation, I bought a Pantera. Not just any Pantera, but the infamous "Purgold" Pantera know for years among the Pantera community. It has not been delivered yet as I am still going through the documentation process. It is bold and gaudy. However, one look at that outrageous engine bay and I was smitten. I'll put up another post once I take possession.

Here are a few pics...

PureGold44.jpg

PureGold57.jpg

PureGold54.jpg

PureGold16.jpg

no u didnt?!?!?! DID YOU?!

what is interesting about this car is the contrast between the gawdy metal/engine work and the rather simple original body style and correct wheels....iether way sure to be a show stopper....

what is interesting about this car is the contrast between the gawdy metal/engine work and the rather simple original body style and correct wheels....iether way sure to be a show stopper....

As always, Docjohn, your comments are thoughtful and pertinent. I bought this car as an investment with intent on selling it. However, I may change my mind if my situation allows that option.

Since buying my Pantera, it has been in a special shop getting my "fixit" list addressed. I may be finally picking it up this week. For anyone who lives in the SoCal area, I am organizing a Irvine Cars & Coffee Pantera Day on March 5. My goal is to have 40 Panteras fill an area of the show lot called the corral. Forty Panteras in one place to commemorate the 40th birthday of this awesome muscle car. It should be quite a show.

Here's a pic of the day it was delivered from Oregon via enclosed transport
IMG_8858adjusted.jpg

nice! btw do you left coast guys know Joe Moore? He is a passionate east coast De Tomaso enthusiast.

nice! btw do you left coast guys know Joe Moore? He is a passionate east coast De Tomaso enthusiast.

Hi docjohn! I don't know Joe but just learned he was the president of the East Coast Pantera Club. Mike Drew, who is editor of the POCA newsletter, mentioned that fact in an article I found. I am always interested in making new contacts. Do you know his email address?

Hi docjohn! I don't know Joe but just learned he was the president of the East Coast Pantera Club. Mike Drew, who is editor of the POCA newsletter, mentioned that fact in an article I found. I am always interested in making new contacts. Do you know his email address?

I had his tel# not sure of email,but will look.

Since this is the unofficial Pantera thread, I figured I would post this link here. There were some awesome Panteras at the Cars in Coffee in California including the Pur Gold car.

You can start here and also browse to the cnc site after that. At least 30 good pics in there.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-topic/2793230-cars-and-no-coffee-v-3-05-pantera-edition.html

Thanks for your post. I went directly to the cncpics.com site and browsed all 437 hi quality photos of the March 5 show taken by this pro.

These photos seem relevant to this thread...taken at my local coffee and cars event:

i-VQHTmWr-L.jpg

i-GhLcC9r-L.jpg

i-zm7kBcD-L.jpg

i-K2g7qCk-L.jpg

Last edited:
These photos seem relevant to this thread...taken at my local coffee and cars event:

i-K2g7qCk-L.jpg

Nothing against the nice looking NSX but that Pantera looks absolutely perfect!

I love Panteras, but on a negative note..they are a death trap in an accident...no crunch zone etc.....Dont stop very quickly either...that being said they are still very cool and desireable cars.......:cool:

I love Panteras, but on a negative note..they are a death trap in an accident...no crunch zone etc.....Dont stop very quickly either...that being said they are still very cool and desireable cars.......:cool:

Agreed...but then so was the Tomcat (by modern standards)...so my days are numbered!

Back