• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Difflow diffuser installation question

There are two bolts that hold my 02 valance on on the far left and right side of the valance (see attached for general locations of the bolts I am referring to), and the bolts I have on my car have fairly tall heads, which the diffuser hits (see attached image..they are terrible photos since the bolts are pretty far in so was hard to get good pic, but maybe it will give an idea of what im referring to). My question is, is this by any chance supposed to be this way to act as some sort of standoff to keep the metal diffuser from rubbing against the valance (I doubt it, but wanted to double check just in case)? or should I simply swap out the bolts with screws with lower profile heads to allow the diffuser to sit more flush to the valance? I don't know what the bolts are supposed to look like, so am unsure if these are oem bolts and everyone has encountered this issue, or if when I got the valance installed they just used random bolts with taller heads, which leads to the unique issue I am having now? Any help would be great.

Attachments

• 1 (1).JPG
    1 (1).JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 82
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 89
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 73
Hi Shaun,

I took a look at your pictures. The bolts on your valance are not normal - somebody used too large of a bolt on the left and right side. If you look here and pause it at 57 seconds, you'll see the smaller bolts and how they should be inset into the downforce valance (this red car in the video has a downforce valance). http://www.youtube.com/watch?<wbr>v=z4-EzdX1lTU

I would simply get some bolts with smaller heads. Then the diffuser can sit flush with the valance. I would drill at least once into the valance though for safety to hold the diffuser on. Hope this helps, thanks!

Glenn

Last edited:
Back