• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Difflow or DF-R diffuser?

I am thinking about getting a diffuser for my NSX-T and can't decide on which one would look best fit my car.Both looks awesome and that's what make it so hard to choose.Thanks everyone in advance :smile:

Difflow?
004-3.jpg

DF-R?
Picture1091.jpg

Here is what the car looks like and trying to see which diffuser would look best fit it.
IMG-20111217-00072.jpg

2jz-Nsx,Blue Batmobile hope your don't mine me using your pictures :smile:

Diiflow is more of a "functional" diffuser as it will generate downforce and reduce drag. DF is carbon fiber and pretty. The downside to that is if you scrape, it's going to tear that pretty CF up and you can't fix it. The Difflow is made of aluminum and the fins rivet on so if you bend one or scrape it up, you can replace just that individual fin pretty cheaply and easily.

Ask Oscar_Driver. He ripped up his DF diffuser up pretty good and replaced it with a Difflow so he has had both and would be a good source to get some real world feedback from.

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1510710&postcount=235

Last edited:
BTW: Neither will fit your rear bumper, they only work with 02+ bumpers.

However, Glenn at Difflow is currently working on making one for 91-01 cars and should be available soon.

Diiflow is more of a "functional" diffuser as it will generate downforce and reduce drag. DF is carbon fiber and pretty. The downside to that is if you scrape, it's going to tear that pretty CF up and you can't fix it. The Difflow is made of aluminum and the fins rivet on so if you bend one or scrape it up, you can replace just that individual fin pretty cheaply and easily.

Ask Oscar_Driver. He ripped up his DF diffuser up pretty good and replaced it with a Difflow so he has had both and would be a good source to get some real world feedback from.

Which one do you think is worth it.

BTW: Neither will fit your rear bumper, they only work with 02+ bumpers.

However, Glenn at Difflow is currently working on making one for 91-01 cars and should be available soon.

Oh,I just bought me a DF 02 rear valence and that is why I was looking into getting the diffuser.The 91-01 rear valence doesn't really flow with the line of the car.

I just ordered a difflow and should have it on and pics soon :biggrin:

You have my vote!!

x2

....... The Difflow is made of aluminum and the fins rivet on so if you bend one or scrape it up, you can replace just that individual fin pretty cheaply and easily......

Funny I have the version that the fins are secured via bolts instead of rivets....

As soon as the diff flow gets released I'm buying it.

I was planning on waiting for Difflow to release the diffuser for the 91-01 but the 91-01 rear lower valance doesn't really flow with the car.From the side view the rear valence is so high and look like its missing something.What better way to fix that then to buy an 02 rear valence :smile:

I was planning on waiting for Difflow to release the diffuser for the 91-01 but the 91-01 rear lower valance doesn't really flow with the car.From the side view the rear valence is so high and look like its missing something.What better way to fix that then to buy an 02 rear valence :smile:

You may have problems of going up a steep driveway.

Heres my .02. I have the DF and love it looks wise. That said, I've had it off 3 times now to be repaired from dragging low spots and I'm only lowered on bilstiens. Now mind you, only the end fins drag but they are hollow unlike the center fins and I finally had them filled with resin to make them solid and less destructable. Since they are hollow they would start to split right up the center of the fin where they are glued together. For the price of it I wish DF would've designed the fins to be replaceable rather than removing the whole thing and hauling it to the bodyshop. No matter how anal you are about driveways/steep graded parking lots, at some point {and more than once} you will drag that end fin and it sounds like terrible when you do.:frown: That said , I'd seriously consider an aluminum diffuser. I wish the Difflow was a tad narrower like the DF. Sorry for the long winded .02 but I'm high on a 5 hour energy drink.:redface: GL in your decision.

I have the OEM R diffuser replica and it scrapes...

I am anxiously awaiting the 91-01 difflow diffuser...if that makes your decision any easier.

Functional and in case something happens, I can cheaply repair it myself. Besides, with almost EVERYTHING on the NSX being aluminum already the Difflow scores points with me on that note.

I am anxiously awaiting the 91-01 difflow diffuser...if that makes your decision any easier.

Functional and in case something happens, I can cheaply repair it myself. Besides, with almost EVERYTHING on the NSX being aluminum already the Difflow scores points with me on that note.

I am replacing the 91-01 rear valence to the DF 02-05 rear valence.The 01-91 just doesn't flow with the car.Well, from the side view it doesn't.

Back