• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Discounts on new 2019?

Hey guys, considering a thermal orange 2019 for the next car. Has anyone shopped around on the 2019 yet? Had a few dealers offer 20-25k off. Trying to get a little more as I know the depreciation in the first year sucks.

Coming from an R8 V10. Has anyone else made the jump and can offer and insight as to what I can expect?

Thanks!!

I heard Fremont has one at $20k off.
In my experience this is how you do it:

1) Make an appointment to see the car in person
2) Make unreasonable offer and prepared to get laughed at ($30-40k off MSRP). Make sure they know you're a serious buyer, but you're not willing to pay more than the 2018 guys did.
3) Go home, but make sure they have all your contact information.
4) Wait until the end of the month or so. They will call you.
5) Go in again and insist on the same deal you offered them. They will get really close.
6) Put out your hand

I don't think you will see anything better than $25-30k off MSRP any time soon on the 2019s. That would be crazy. But good luck.

As for the move from R8. I know there are a few here that have done the same. I'll wait for the to chime in. You are definitely going to miss the rumble of the V10. But if you can see yourself past that, the NSX is an absolute blast to drive and gets loads of attention. In Thermal Orange you're going to be gawked at way more than you would in the R8 of any color. Whether that's your thing or not, you will get the attention. But hey, we don't drive super cars NOT to get noticed.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply. I have got a dealer down 28k plus shipping the car to me. Going to test drive one that’s local to me first next weekend, to see if I like it enough to buy.

I am curious as well how you were able to come to the 28k off... I wasn't able to PM you. Post up here or shoot a pm my way if you wouldn't mind!

I’m in the market to pick up a 2019 and was wondering what % off are the dealers giving on a new nsx.

It's not really a percentage as it is a fixed dollar amount. I believe there is still a $20k factory incentive. Many of us were able to get close to $30-40k off sticker on the 2017 and 2018 models. But given that 2019 is still very new and it actually has some updates to the car, I would personally be happy with anywhere between $20-$25k off the sticker. Keep in mind, in addition to the factory incentive, a lot of what was originally optional, is now standard on the car. So in a way you're getting a substantial pack of options at no cost with the 19.

A word of advice though. Try to find a car with a lower sticker price. Other than Ceramic brakes, none of the options on this car are really all that interesting. If you can find a car that has an MSRP of $170k, I would offer $140k and hold my ground until they offered you something reasonable (like $145k).

Trez, the $30-40 off sticker, did that include the incentive that Acura was offering at the time or is this on top of the incentive?

Including incentive of course.

I’m near closing a lease on a low optioned ‘19 that I’ll order. 130r, red irons, Carbon interior, that’s it.

163k msrp, $28k discount. $20k trade-in + $23k cash down. 36/5 term, low $700’s/month, MF of .002 54% residual/$88k payoff

Sound like a good deal?

Last edited:
I’m near closing a lease on a low optioned ‘19 that I’ll order. 130r, red irons, Carbon interior, that’s it.

163k msrp, $28k discount. $20k trade-in + $23k cash down. 36/5 term, low $700’s/month, MF of .002 54% residual/$88k payoff

Sound like a good deal?

That's a terrible deal. Was it at Napletons Acura lol. Divide your $43k down payment by 36 and add it to your $700mo and you're equal to $1884.44 . Walk the fuck away. My 2017 NSX had a MSRP of $206k and I got a 36/7500 lease for $1800 with $8k down. Buy a used one and save your money.

Last edited:
exactly ....you are giving up a lot of capital to rent a car...

I live in Seattle area, so my local dealer in Bellevue.

thanks guys for the perspective. I guess my thought in terms of it being a decent deal is that it's a $163k msrp - base car + carbon interior + red calipers....so very bare bones which is hard to find, with option to buy at $88k at end of 36months. I was looking at used 17/18's, but everything I'm seeing is $125-145k for anywhere from 5-20k miles with now the known issues of 3 major recalls and horror story I read for DocL.

For roughly the same price, $69k TOP for lease + 88k buyout = $157k, I get more updated '19 with no questionable history.

If I decided to sell at end of lease, I have roughly 20-30k of equity (I envision 12-15kmiles on the car in 36months) by selling in the range $108-118K which seems conservative based on similar mileage examples listed for sale - MY 17/18's I'm seeing.

Is my logic skewed?

Last edited:
Your logic isn’t screwed, it only let’s you justify putting $43k down. If you were to put $43k down plus the $28k incentive on the same car, the balance is $92k. You can finance for five years at 4%, your monthly payment would be $1694. You then own the car in a shorted period of time. One thing to consider is reliability long term and having a good dealer to service the car. I can tell from many owners I’ve spoken with, customer service ranges from horrible (like me) to stellar. Furthermore, without an extended warranty are you aware that if one of the oil pumps fails it’s a $33k bill to replace. That’s how much a dealer down here was paid by Acura under warranty to replace one that failed. I’d wait until fall of 2020 to buy one when they start coming off lease and flooding the market.

I have been an owner of 911's, GT3, 458, Cali, 488, Huracan. I got tired of Ferrari's games so I have been looking at 2018/2019 NSX as a daily driver. I love that by golf bag can fit in the trunk!

What is a good price under MSRP for a new 2018 model?
Any issues with the NSX I should be aware of?

I have been an owner of 911's, GT3, 458, Cali, 488, Huracan. I got tired of Ferrari's games so I have been looking at 2018/2019 NSX as a daily driver. I love that by golf bag can fit in the trunk!

What is a good price under MSRP for a new 2018 model?
Any issues with the NSX I should be aware of?

Welcome to the site

My car is over 2 years old and has over 9400 miles. Runs great every day.

My sense is you like to switch in and out or cars. Why weren't the 488 and Huracan ok for DD use?

Back