• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Divorce

Well, if my divorce wasn't official before, it is now...

I thought before "maybe it will work out later", or "maybe we will work it out before the divorce is final", but it's over, and I have accepted that now. I told her last week that I was done and I was leaving, I need to take care of myself instead of killing myself trying to make her happy. I packed all I could into a 6x12 Uhaul (she can keep the rest for now), and I left for CA Saturday night. I'm headed home, where I will have the support of my friends and family, instead of her lies and an environment of hostility with her family. "IF" we could have made it work before, it would have had to happen in WI, but my move back to CA ensures that it will never work out, because the move also ensures a custody battle, in which I will have to petition the courts (CA, which is where I filed :wink: ) to have the children returned to their state of residency. She keeps saying "how can you do this to them?", but I didn't, she did. She knew before we moved what her intentions were, and moved me to WI under fraudulent conditions. Because if that were not true, everything would have worked out after I did exactly EVERYTHING she asked, but in the end it was never enough.

I left WI and arrived in MO yesterday, where I am just visiting family. I'll be back on the road to CA on Wednesday morning, and be there by Fri at the latest. I already miss my children (6 and 3) like mad, but I am talking to them every day. The next couple of months are going to be EXTREMELY difficult, because I will not be able to see them, but it will all be worth it in the end. I just need to concentrate on the future, and not the pain/anger I'm feeling now. My focus needs to be on reestablishing myself out in CA, and getting a place set up so that when when we go to mediation the judge will see that I already have a place for the kids to live. And even at this point, if she wanted to move back to CA to work things out, I would have to say no... I just need time to fix me, and be myself without worrying about her, if she's lying, or what she's doing. I am looking VERY forward to the rest of my drive as it will give me time to reflect, time to think about everything, and time to just relax and move on... :cool:

As heartbreaking as it is, this is a good topic, lots of good discussion.

I've made up my mind on marriage now. Thank You all!

Bob - hope you'll accept my apologies for my more callous remarks on real estate investing. I assume that is one of difficulties here. It's easy for me to say "this or that" as an investor, but plenty of good folks are really in a world of hurt right now.

You'll be back on your feet soon enough. The only LBBP owner that lacks the ability to fight back strong -as we all know- is Wingz. What a girl! :tongue: :biggrin:

Jeez Ski you take a moment like this to take a swing at me??? Shifty just put all his cards on the table. Damn player I'm cold ,but geez.

In respect for Shifty I'll get you back later!:wink:

As heartbreaking as it is, this is a good topic, lots of good discussion.

I've made up my mind on marriage now. Thank You all!

How old are you?

There are a lot of heart breaking stories in this thread, and divorce is one of the hardest things to go through, just like getting married may be one of the best things to go through.

The key to a successful marriage, I've found, is waiting to get married. Wait until you're in your 30's.

Many people get married younger, when they're not quite done with the "fun" part of their life, and the maturation has yet to be completed.

When you marry in your 30's, you're more mature, stable, and settled, are ready for a long term commitment.

Charles Barkley said he would never ever recommend getting married before 30, and I fully agree with him.

How old are you?

There are a lot of heart breaking stories in this thread, and divorce is one of the hardest things to go through, just like getting married may be one of the best things to go through.

The key to a successful marriage, I've found, is waiting to get married. Wait until you're in your 30's.

Many people get married younger, when they're not quite done with the "fun" part of their life, and the maturation has yet to be completed.

When you marry in your 30's, you're more mature, stable, and settled, are ready for a long term commitment.

Charles Barkley said he would never ever recommend getting married before 30, and I fully agree with him.

+ infinity

Keep your head up, Bob. It can only get better. As far as Wingzy is concerned, I agree Ski. Dude is a wimp!:biggrin:

How old are you?

Isn't 30 the new twenty:tongue:

Isn't 30 the new twenty:tongue:

LOL, I just met Charles Barkley at Mandalay Bay in Vegas after the UFC fight on superbowl weekend.

VegasNSX, isn't your town where people meet and get married the same night? Should be easy to get a pre-nup then. :tongue: I don't understand how you are meeting 'wholesome non-prenup signing women' in Vegas? :confused:

<EDIT> My boy Charles informed me of the "Italian Marriage Principle". You should marry a women about half your age + 6 years. Think about it, enjoy.

How old are you?

Maturity is a big deal. I'm quite mature myself due to things I've been through in life so I generally look for someone on the same frequency. I tend not to get interested in anyone that 2 or more years younger, or older than me. I just never find that same wavelenght you know, they always want different things and have different goals.

See the movie About a Boy. I saw it once. I kind of identified myself with that character. Except the ending... I'll probably be single til my late 30's.

Divorce can affect a lot more people than just the husband and wife.

Two friends of mine are going through a nasty divorce and it has stressed out them, their families, their friends, and others. And it's a bad thing for their kid to be going through.

I was friends with both the bride and groom (I played the music at their wedding ceremony) and now I'm in the weird position of being friends with two people who are totally at odds with each other. But to keep it in perspective, any trouble it's causing me is nothing compared to what effect all this will ultimately have on their kid. I feel most sorry for him.

So I agree with the advice to not get married unless you're really ready to.

That's what's really weird. I don't think I would get married again ,but it seems like most do ... why? Is it rebound or something?

There was not a chance in hell I was getting married again. Living a great bachelor life, house on the lake, plane, boat, little less money then I wanted, but didn't follow the three F rule! Anyway, along comes SWMBO, and five years later, still amazed at our relationship.

It has only gotten worse... as expected. It is now a custody battle across state lines! I will update more as I can... :frown:

Bob

Back