• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY turbo Kit

Which model is that intercooler from Precision? I went with a 62mm precision billet turbo.

how about the PWR barrel?

Not a fan, they "flow" well, but don't cool well compared to what Marc/01blackS4 has pictured.

Which model is that intercooler from Precision? I went with a 62mm precision billet turbo.

It's one of their standard air to water cores with end tanks. You can stack multiple cores, but in the NSX space is the issue. BTW, nice choice on the turbo.

pt62 is an awsome turbo also.....

elite is correct, its a stock PT IC...its the 900 hp unit (i live in the desert)

the PWR stuff will not fit by the TB...the smaller one is close, but with the higher cost of them, and the low cooling ability, its better to just make one.

Just swaped out my OEM fuel pump with the Warbro 255LPH here are some pics from tonight. Notice how much smaller the Warbro pump is next to the OEM makes you wonder how is it rated to push more.

Attachments

• CIMG3694.jpg
    CIMG3694.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 294
  • CIMG3695.jpg
    CIMG3695.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 235
Recent update:

Installed Front Heat exchanger

Kinda working backwards but while I wait for hot side might as well get some stuff completed

Attachments

• CIMG3711.jpg
    CIMG3711.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 486
  • CIMG3713.jpg
    CIMG3713.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 368
Actually I am still waiting for hotside, I was told by end of next week I should have it. Havent done anything else to the car once that comes in hopefully I should finish up quick

y pipe is what I meant your hotside. Their customer service sucks, they have no problem lieing to you. Hope you can get your hotside soon

Finally got my hotside today! :smile: Will start disassembling the OEM manifolds tomorrow on my new home lift :biggrin: This should make the installation process much easier. Will post some pics tom. Any suggestions/ tips toremove the OEM manifolds I know the front is a real PITA.

are you planning to add a fan?
let me know if you have issues with your air/intake temp.
I have had similar issues

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: CIMG3711.jpg Views: 167 Size: 80.9 KB ID: 51983 Click image for larger version Name: CIMG3713.jpg Views: 122 Size: 63.7 KB ID: 51984

Here is a pic of my new setup this will make this project and many more so much easier.

Where did you install an additional fan?

Attachments

• img012.jpg
    img012.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 307
Here are a few pics of the OEM manifolds taken out today, new HP headers installed. Hopefully sometime this week I will pull out the oil pan so I can weld in my bung for the turbo.

Attachments

• CIMG3772.jpg
    CIMG3772.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 300
  • CIMG3776.jpg
    CIMG3776.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 364
  • CIMG3771.jpg
    CIMG3771.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 276
  • CIMG3779.jpg
    CIMG3779.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 311
  • CIMG3780.jpg
    CIMG3780.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
Its looking good..LMK if you want to race when its done..I have something faster than my last RX-7...:wink:...Doug

For sure lets do it.....lol

Updated pics on progress, removed oil pan and welded on bung for oil return. Waiting on V-Band Flanges that didnt come in with hotside to finish assembly.

Attachments

• CIMG3742.jpg
    CIMG3742.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 235
  • CIMG3749.jpg
    CIMG3749.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 283
Just rec'd my AEM Tru Boost gauge/ controller. Anyone can help where's the best location to get the manifold pressure for my gauge?

is #1 or #2 vacume a good location for manifold pressure?

Getting really close to finishing up. Might as well start searching now for a tuner to tune the AEM. Any suggestions on a tuner in south Florida?

Latest updates, Installed RC injectors, Wastegate w/ lower PSI spring of 3 PSI, and finally the rest of the Hotside here are some pics. Waiting on compressor side to come back from Jet coating so I can test fit the Turbo and finally finishing welding up my custom intercooler.

Attachments

• CIMG3772.jpg
    CIMG3772.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 267
  • CIMG3775.jpg
    CIMG3775.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 260
  • CIMG3776.jpg
    CIMG3776.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 292
Newest Updates Car is done waiting for this weekend to take it to the muffler shop to make my custom Exhaust. Here are some recent pics. Custom made intercooler came out bad ass! Once Exhaust is complete off to the tuner lets see how much she makes.

Attachments

• CIMG3781.jpg
    CIMG3781.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 261
  • CIMG3779.jpg
    CIMG3779.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 284
  • CIMG3783.jpg
    CIMG3783.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Car going to tuner tomorrow, I got them to open up on a Sunday to tune my car with patience will update everyone tom. I'll post my final dyno results.

Here is my dyno sheet from today 437 HP @ 8lbs, Runs incredible.

I have a question for any others that have used AEM, Does the ECU have anything to do with TCS? My TCS is diactivated since installing my AEM pushing in the button near the ignition does not work any help :confused:

Attachments

• nsx.jpg
    nsx.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 189
+1 , your TCS will not function anymore. +1 nice numbers.

Back