• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DIY turbo Kit

Im getting ready to fab my own single turbo kit, Ive seen some nice setups but I would like to see pics of some of your installs to get ideas as far as placement and what you guys have found to be the best combinations of components? Also would like to see if anyone has utilized there stock headers for any installs or should I get a set prior?

going the same route.honestly save your self the headache the love fab kit is pretty cool.im in miami.give me a buzz.ill show you.but yes most definetly can be pieced together.but if your not building the motor.this kit is great.nsxxx.

Carporomeo,
I would love to see your setup, Im in Kendall, PM me your #. How much HP are you getting out of your system and lbs of boost? What do you think of the HP kit?

I just received my kit from angus .

WOW . It looks better in person than I could have ever imagined , I will be instaling it soon , want to do my susp. and rims + tires first

This kit is THE best value on the market today!

although I do believe angus's kit is a great alternative to some of the other kits out there please remember his comes with no fuel system or standalone which Lovefab and some of the others does come with. Even so I still myself have considered angus's kit but still weighing my options..

just playing advocate since there are some major difference in the kits and price.

although I do believe angus's kit is a great alternative to some of the other kits out there please remember his comes with no fuel system or standalone which Lovefab and some of the others does come with. Even so I still myself have considered angus's kit but still weighing my options..

just playing advocate since there are some major difference in the kits and price.

thats where im at as well...
with the lovefab u get headers / ic / fuel system / injecs / aem / exhaust

so.. :cool: tough choice

I have a friend looking to buy/put together a turbo kit and talked to Cody at Lovefab about doing a "tuner kit" of sorts which wouldn't include the fuel and management parts. The Lovefab kit is so damn reliable at this point and his customer service is incredible - I advised my friend not to try reinventing the wheel so to speak.

I think someone should start a thread in vendor section asking Lovefab about putting together a "tuner kit". Why not see if Lovefab will do some sort of a group buy? I think his stage one kit is in the $8 - 9K range and would imagine if you strip off some of those parts, the price would come down nicely. I know of one buyer interested if this is the case.

I have a friend looking to buy/put together a turbo kit and talked to Cody at Lovefab about doing a "tuner kit" of sorts which wouldn't include the fuel and management parts. The Lovefab kit is so damn reliable at this point and his customer service is incredible - I advised my friend not to try reinventing the wheel so to speak.

I think someone should start a thread in vendor section asking Lovefab about putting together a "tuner kit". Why not see if Lovefab will do some sort of a group buy? I think his stage one kit is in the $8 - 9K range and would imagine if you strip off some of those parts, the price would come down nicely. I know of one buyer interested if this is the case.

If I understand your suggestion correctly, you meant that the buyer of the "tuner" kit have to go get those missing parts to make it complete? so at the end, the "tuner" complete kit would cost as much as a complete kit from LoveFab to begin with!:confused:
What you should point out is LoveFab needs to lower their price for a complete kit and be done with.

If I understand your suggestion correctly, you meant that the buyer of the "tuner" kit have to go get those missing parts to make it complete? so at the end, the "tuner" complete kit would cost as much as a complete kit from LoveFab to begin with!:confused:
What you should point out is LoveFab needs to lower their price for a complete kit and be done with.

I'm refering to someone who wants to change over to turbo from their old supercharged setup. He already has an AEM EMS, fuel pump, and injectors.

I think their stage one kit price is outstanding if you ask me. Am I missing something? I thought $8XXX included engine management, fuel system, intercooler, etc - everything.

This thread has gone a little off topic, I am fabricating my own kit with the help of the HP hotside which is the route I have decided to go with. Already have my AEM EMS, Injectors, fuel pump. Wating on turbo, heat exchanger, and hot side to come in . Started to prepare to take apart car yesterday here is a pic of my car up on jack stands Day 1.

Attachments

• CIMG3686.jpg
    CIMG3686.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 376
  • CIMG3683.jpg
    CIMG3683.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 292
This thread has gone a little off topic, I am fabricating my own kit with the help of the HP hotside which is the route I have decided to go with. Already have my AEM EMS, Injectors, fuel pump. Wating on turbo, heat exchanger, and hot side to come in . Started to prepare to take apart car yesterday here is a pic of my car up on jack stands Day 1.

hope that you dont have to wait 6 months to a year to get your hotside from HP like those v8 guys. Good luck with your build

Day 2 is to take down that Ferrari poster!
Trev
p.s. Nice ride, is that a Ironhorse?

Actually , I bought Angus' tuner kit along with the AEM FIC and injectors , along with a few other things and I am still nowhere near the price of even the HP kit! EVEN after I buy the intercooler upgrade which is coming down the pipe from him (I have seen his mock up) It will still be significantly less than HP ( which I think is the cheapest) , not to mention , I got my kit in 1 week.

Go say that on the s2k forum! :biggrin:

Lots of unhappy customers over there.Including 1 whos whole car burned down.Let me see if I can find some links.It wont be easy since the search engine over there isnt very good.

I would also like to mention that my kit has stainless piping VS. mild steel in the HP kit. I am trying to produce a kit which is priced fairly , while still maintaining the highest standards without sacrificing anything . I do have an intercooler upgrade coming soon for those who need to run more boost.
I can also ship out my kit in 1 week or less.

Last edited:
Go say that on the s2k forum! :biggrin:

Lots of unhappy customers over there.Including 1 whos whole car burned down.Let me see if I can find some links.It wont be easy since the search engine over there isnt very good.

I know all about it. I used to have a S2K and I have 2 freinds that have Lovefab systems on their cars with no problems. One of them is is JDMKID on S2Ki.com and he trapped @140 MPH in the quarter with a Lovefab kit. For the record I have the 1st production Lovefab kit for the NSX and I have not had one issue. One think I like about Cody I feel like I can call him ANYTIME even years after the sale for support.

On the other hand I would like to say good job to Angus for providing another FI option to the NSX community.

Last edited:
NSX~PERT - My appologies that a few of us have steered your thread off course. Major props for fabbing up your own turbo kit. Let us know how things continue to go.

Yes , we have steered off course .
To the OP - We will all be here to provide help and support if you need it!

ha lots of interesting OT talk lately.

Good luck! If you need any help, feel free to ask.

ha lots of interesting OT talk lately.

Indeed.

ffffanman,
Ferrari poster is right next to my NSX one you just cant see it in the pic, BTW its a custom built Redneck chopper. Thanks

Devin@AEM,
Just received my AEM today:biggrin: When the car is close to completion might need your help....lol or a chineese sidekick in my passenger seat with a laptop to tune the AEM

In about an hour should have my fuel pump as soon as UPS gets here

If anyone can chime in as to what intercooler to run that will fit nice near the throttle body, not sure which one to run.

no intercoolers fit by the t-body...have to go custom......

afternsx107.jpg

Last edited:
how about the PWR barrel?

Back