• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you feel that the new NSX is lacking features?

This is not market research for American Honda or anything like that. Just something that I am personally curious about. But I wouldn't be surprised if this found its way to some decision makers in corporate anyways.

Not quite sure how you all perceive the car. I don't think anyone feels like this is a no compromise track car like a Viper ACR or a GT3 RS. Cars that are so track biased that they remove features in the name of making the car stop/go/turn faster. So is it more of a Grand Touring type car like a 911 Turbo or the new DB11? Anyways, if it's leaning more towards the latter, would you have preferred that Honda offered a bit more bells and whistles than just satellite radio with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay? There's certainly a lot more luxury features they could've equipped. I'm talking about features like ventilated seats, power folding mirrors (which I think it badly needs, those things are a disaster waiting to happen), surround view camera, or any of the whole suite of Acurawatch driver aids that are available on our other carlines.

The original car was more "pure" in its approach. This new car seems to be heavily relying on technology to go about its business of driving dynamics. Which makes me wonder why they didn't offer more gimmicks for the non powertrain parts of the car. Even the entry level Acura ILX has an Active Cruise Control system available. For a long road trip, that comes in handy.

Targa
nose lift
tire choice
branded high end audio like Focal
more exterior and interior colors including the calipers
extended alcantara
am radio
electric folding mirrors
seat up down function
cooled seats
chrome delete
body color matched roof
panorama roof
fog lights
factory delivery
matching luggage
mounted snow tire package

wow!

Targa
nose lift
tire choice
extended alcantara
am radio
electric folding mirrors
seat up down function
cooled seats
chrome delete
body color matched roof
panorama roof
fog lights
factory delivery
matching luggage

Targa
nose lift
tire choice
extended alcantara
am radio
electric folding mirrors
seat up down function
cooled seats
chrome delete
body color matched roof
panorama roof
fog lights
factory delivery
matching luggage

A few from that list I would have gladly paid extra for.

The ability to raise or lower the vehicle would be a very nice option. Also, the power folding mirrors and cooled seats are a no brainer. Also, the option to have non jewel eye headlights.

The headlight one is a tough ask as it is an Acura design element.

I totally get the ask as brands like Lexus has offered multiple grades of lighting for some cars (HID, LED, novel pattern LED, articulating fixtures)

[MENTION=33024]MasterNSXTech[/MENTION], I agree completely with you. My assumption is that the team had their hands full getting the current product to market (lots of evidence of that). I would not be surprised to see more technology content to be offered in the next few model years.

I am of the opinion that more options are always better. So "all of the above, please."

For me, I think I will most miss:

Ventilated/cooled seats: so nice for long drives in warm weather.
Top-down 360 deg. multi-camera parking view a la BMW
Blind spot and lane departure warning (Im OK with no ACC or autopilot for a sports car)
Heads up display

LOL, fog lights. Aren't those a thing of the past?!? Most a$$holes with fog lights don't know how to use them properly. Show me one supercar that has them.

I like fog lights more for the way the nose looks than anything else.

Nice counterpoint on them not being on today's supercars!

My Q50S has a nice set of LEDs.

If I am willing to pay for them, why not.

LOL, fog lights. Aren't those a thing of the past?!? Most a$$holes with fog lights don't know how to use them properly. Show me one supercar that has them.

Not sure if 911 Turbo is a supercar, but mine has front AND REAR fog lights. I think they are standard equipment, but honestly can't remember.

At this point Acura has not oked the Michelins

Look at McLaren, you can order a set of spare wheels with snow tires and sensors, not real difficult for Acura to mimic, oh wait yes it is

The point here is that Acura's so called customization is below half Azd

Ferrari will do anything you want for money. I am not looking for a paint color that matches my kids toy

I would expect an exterior color palette that includes yellow and an interior color list that includes blue

Not sure if 911 Turbo is a supercar, but mine has front AND REAR fog lights. I think they are standard equipment, but honestly can't remember.

My 92 Mercedes wagon has front and rear fog lights too.
I think it's a German car tradition.

The original car was more "pure" in its approach. This new car seems to be heavily relying on technology to go about its business of driving dynamics.
Nope. The first NSX that was 'pure' was the 92 NSX-R. The standard NSX was an overweighted, full of comfort and too soft and too long geared sports coupe. Period. The evolution was the 02+ NSX-R, both not offered outside of Japan. Now you ask for more luxury and lift the cars weight even more. :) The pure driving experience will be with all the unneccessary stuff out of the car. I'm not talking about the front electric motors as I think that torque-vectoring is an excellent feature to have in this car. And this will be the interesting next step of this car.

Porsches have fog lights because they are mandatory in Germany, their 'home base'. They are too lazy to build new light, so you have to take them, even if you don't use them. :)

There are plenty of aftermarket tuners that will do you any favor for money that you expect from Acura at the moment.

I didn't know the Michelins were on restriction. Doesn't matter...if you're headed to the track the Trofeo R is the better tire anyways.

And yes the "build to order" customization could be a lot better. I know other brands like Porsche offer many more custom touches like different color seat belts and such. Even Corvette offers more choices if you want to custom order one.

And yes the "build to order" customization could be a lot better. I know other brands like Porsche offer many more custom touches like different color seat belts and such. Even Corvette offers more choices if you want to custom order one.

Easy to offer a plethora of options when you've been making a model for a very long time.
Not so easy when it's a brand new car from a brand new factory.
Give Acura some time to get the start-up bugs out.
There will be plenty of options in time.

You missed my point. At the time there were other cars that offered more options/features/gimmicks/whatever. Tire pressure warning systems were available back then, along with a passenger airbag, HUD, zillion way power seats, four wheel steering, targa roof (which the NSX did wind up getting eventually), and so on. Seems like the only status quo top luxury feature they went with at the time was automatic climate control.

My guess is that the implemention of even more features would have just delayed the car even more, back then and now. As time flyes you'll always have more options available in the future. I'm with you on this that there is an desired optimum limitation of features a car should have.

Temperature gauges labeled in degrees.

It kills me that Acura put toy oil and coolant temperature gauges in the car.
If the outdoor temperature reading was shown the same way (a pointer on
a scale with no degree markings) every review would ridicule it.

Counterpoint
McLaren did pretty well with customization right away
Acura should have done much better
Actually they didn't. MSO (customizing) wasn't existent at 12C launch. Nor Lamborghini Ad Persona, when the Huracan was launched either. Even though Ad persona had been in effect already for Aventador. Stuff takes time to ramp up.

I am not expecting Acura to be at the level of McLaren MSO
I did expect that they would have looked the level of customization in the segment and tried to stay in the ballpark
They are no where near the ball park

Temperature gauges labeled in degrees.

It kills me that Acura put toy oil and coolant temperature gauges in the car.
If the outdoor temperature reading was shown the same way (a pointer on
a scale with no degree markings) every review would ridicule it.

It's a world car shipped to markets that use C and F measurements.
Saves the need for two different dash gages.

Back