• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you feel that the new NSX is lacking features?

It's a world car shipped to markets that use C and F measurements.
Saves the need for two different dash gages.

While that may be true, I don't think that's the reason. Absolute numbers aren't important. Does anyone really care if the oil temp is 130C?! I think just a gauge with a normal and "red" zone is more than reasonable. Heck, Lamborghini doesn't localize their gauges (Benzina, Oilo, etc), yet I manage just fine.

It's a world car shipped to markets that use C and F measurements.
Saves the need for two different dash gages.
In some modes both oil & coolant temps are shown in the TFT display.
C or F would be a simple change to firmware
(which they are already doing for outdoor temperature).

nsx2gauges.jpg

Does anyone really care if the oil temp is 130C?!
I do. I drive long uphill stretches in hot weather and I like knowing what
the oil temperature is. People who track their cars care about it too.

I do. I drive long uphill stretches in hot weather and I like knowing what
the oil temperature is. People who track their cars care about it too.
Seriously doubtful. Is needle in the middle... all good. Needle in the red.. not good.

It's as useful as a digital speedo. :p

I think Track Mode should include a screen showing temps as numbers and not just analog gauge. Or, better yet, include a video/data recording system a la Corvette's PDR (which allows you to see fluid temps and other parameters synced to laps and video).

This is helpful in diagnosing potential heat problems (ahem, which the Z06 has lots).

I will forgive the omission if the NSX lays down fast and consistent lap times all day at full power on 100 deg track days.

Diamond Stitching on Seats
Choice of Stitching Colors
Brand Stitching on Headrest
Green Color Option
Magnum Grey Pearl Color Option
Color Options on the Rest of the Interior (Dash, Door Panels, Carpet)
Less Restrictions of the Interior Colors choices for Each Exterior Color and for Full Leather Seats

Ditto Brick and Bios List!

Wasn't there some hype pre-launch that this will be the most customisable car ever? Or was customisable Honda ever?

either way, I agree with the above. Lack of folding mirrors may mean I have to cancel my order as I can't see it getting through the gates at my house and changing them will cost more than the car.

I'd also like to see adaptive cruise, 360 camera and air cooled seats. Maybe homelink too.

The mirrors fold, you just need your butler to come out and do it for you

They do? It seems like they have a pivot to them. But I've pushed as hard as I dare, and they don't seem to want to come off the detent like all the other mirrors. Everyone I've asked at American Honda isn't sure if they do either.

MasterTech

If you look at posts 503 and 504 of the deliveries thread, both are videos and you can see the passenger side mirrors are folded back

Ah. Good to know. I'll let the owners of the cars do it. I pushed twice as hard as I would to fold a MDX or whatever (and the NSX mirror is longer so you'd think there's plenty of leverage), and it feels like it's in a detent but wasn't budging. So I've been afraid to truly find out since I'm sure a mirror housing probably costs over $1000.

Wasn't there some hype pre-launch that this will be the most customisable car ever? Or was customisable Honda ever?

either way, I agree with the above. Lack of folding mirrors may mean I have to cancel my order as I can't see it getting through the gates at my house and changing them will cost more than the car.

I'd also like to see adaptive cruise, 360 camera and air cooled seats. Maybe homelink too.

Interesting about your gates......neighbor decided he wanted a gate & the columns he built were too close together to allow fire truck
vehicle access.

Not sure what his plan B is, but plan A is history.

Diamond Stitching on Seats
Choice of Stitching Colors
Brand Stitching on Headrest
Green Color Option
Magnum Grey Pearl Color Option
Color Options on the Rest of the Interior (Dash, Door Panels, Carpet)
Less Restrictions of the Interior Colors choices for Each Exterior Color and for Full Leather Seats

Ditto Brick and Bios List!

I'm in agreement re your comments on the interior. More exterior colours would have been interesting (what is offered is little different to that of an Accord or Civic). There is an excellent motor trimmer that does a lot of custom work for the major car brands here, and I may spend just that little more to get the interior I would like.

Surprising Omissions on NSX 2.0

Hey all, I am a pretty big fan of the new car and am very hopeful it will soon secure its place as one of the top cars in its class. So I am not looking to stir up criticism but was simply curious/surprised about some the decisions the design/engineering team made and wanted to see if others felt the same way and or could explain the reasoning.

Technologies/Materials/Designs that went MIA:

1. VTEC
2. Titanium Connecting Rods
3. Targa Top/Spyder (I thought this was cooked into the design from day 1 but now they seem to be backing off)
4. Hot Lap Feature
5. Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s (as a factory option)

What else went MIA?

We have another thread that covers what features we would like added that is in line with many of these

i am not familiar with a hot lap feature

Not sure what @Valkyrie means by "Hot Lap" feature, but I have hypothesized that some potential performance has been left of the table in the name of consistency, lap after lap, and in managing the thermal envelope. I speculated that it would be nice to have an "overboost" kind of mode that says: "give me the full beans over next lap, consistency be damned. Run the battery to zero, build temps at unsustainable rate-- this is the Lightning Lap damn it!" Not sure how (or if) this would work in real world. There are are many cars (for heat soak issues or optimal tire temp issues) where the way to get a single fastest "qualifying" lap requires driving the car in a way that is not sustainable.

I would have liked a front lift option as I am still unsure if it will clear my driveway until i take delivery. Luggage set would be nice to match my set for orig nsx. Also how about a crystal paperweight for same reason.

Back