• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you park your NSX during the winter

My car's been parked for about 6 weeks ... boy do I miss it, especially since I got it end of July and only drove it for 2 1/2 months. :frown:

I'm just starting to realise that the next time I'll drive my baby is still 4 months away. :eek:

The NSX is an addiction ... any suggestions on how to handle withdrawls? :confused:

CokerRat said:
Indoor go-karting with the 10hp carts is a good kick. :)

We got no more indoor go kart tracks in Edmonton anymore....... :mad:

work, paintballing, hockey, and snowboarding is what I have been doing now.....hmmmm i can't actually say snowboarding yet......there is no snow on the ground and i live 3 hours away from the closest mountain.......

am starting to think that I parked the NSX way to soon this year especailly when Trevor is still driving his everyday....

any of you folks in Alberta and BC want to do a ski/snowboard get together in Banff for a day or a weekend?

sidenote --- anyone in Vancouver know if GTO paintball has gone out of business.. I heard they have gone out of business back in August. I ordered a new paintball gun from them 3 weeks ago and nothing came in yet. They ran my credit card through already. I called their toll free number (disconnected), called their phones (no answer at both numbers), emailed (no response). Getting my money back from visa is a not a problem. I just have to wait the 30 days. But I really want a new marker so I will buy the gun from another store. I just don't want to get stuck with 2 guns that are the same and have to return one and get billed with a 25% re stocking fee or get $1000 store credit. If someone can get that info for me..that would be much appreciated...

I'm still driving mine every day, but it's getting close to being put away. Looks like the tail end of this week is going to bring some wet snow... :frown:

Absolute no driving in rain or snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's very important that All NSX get some respect from all owners..........
So please treat your Baby like a gold............ (sometimes they are better then your girlfriend........... :p they don't talk back....heheheheh...
So! once again Drive Your NSX Only Sunny Daysssssssssss Pleaseeeeeeeee.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Finally had to park mine on Dec 4/2004 at 12:30 pm mst.
I had a good run going there.
Trev

ffffanman said:
Finally had to park mine on Dec 4/2004 at 12:30 pm mst.
I had a good run going there.
Trev

Way to go Trev! I wish I had waited to park mine since November was so nice.

With our short summers we can't be expected to drive our cars only on sunny days.

I am going to be up in Canada next week for about 8 days and will be looking for NSX's around there. Mine are parked and I am going through withdrawal. :(

Arshad said:
Oh man, I just put mine away for storage last week! Let's plan on getting together while you're down here regardless -- chat about NSX's ;-)

Cool....what days work well for you next week??

You want to get together one evening next week? If we do weeknight, I can't really make it prior to about 9pm. Anyone else interested in getting together? Daria? Johnny?

Arshad said:
You want to get together one evening next week? If we do weeknight, I can't really make it prior to about 9pm. Anyone else interested in getting together? Daria? Johnny?

What nights work best for you?? I am interested. I know that Monday and Tuesday are out because I have to go to Montreal with my fiance for our interview with Immigration, and to get her K-1 Fiance Visa so she can live and work in the United States. Most other nights should be okay though, so let me know what nights work well for you.

Back on Topic!
I just put my insurance back on for the weekend: Dec 17/2004
Can't live with out it!
Trev in Edmonton

Way to go Trev...Put the car bra on too. to keep all that sand from hitting the front of your car.....but its suppose to get cold again by mid week...

ffffanman said:
Back on Topic!
I just put my insurance back on for the weekend: Dec 17/2004
Can't live with out it!
Trev in Edmonton

Sorry about that....how is the driving in Alberta this weekend??

Too bad your weren't coming our way!
Driving the car just isn't the same as in summer.
I was a little disappointed in the end.
Having to be so carefull is a drag when your wanting to hang it all out.
I have Toyo FZ4 allseason v rated tyres on but thats not really help on wet
freezing roads. The freeways where dry so speeds increased dramatically
while I pumped up Sir Mix-a-lots "I'm your Testarossa"
"Gear number three, get off the clutch and don't let 'em up
Keep 'em all down on these young bucks
Let 'em know big boss is just a bit quicker
Get the picture"
Anyways, I had fun all in all. Have a great time in Canada!~
Trev
p.s. Got to redo that song with Nsx in there somewhere.

Meeyatch1 said:
Sorry about that....how is the driving in Alberta this weekend??
The weather in Calgary was a balmy 10 degrees Celcius for the entire weekend and I took the ride out for a toot on Saturday. Had been 7 weeks since parking it and was missing getting the daily ride in. Glad the weather was nice. Perhaps it will be nice in another couple of months so the wait until mid spring isn't so painful. :wink:

Tim

ffffanman said:
Too bad your weren't coming our way!
Driving the car just isn't the same as in summer.
I was a little disappointed in the end.
Having to be so carefull is a drag when your wanting to hang it all out.
I have Toyo FZ4 allseason v rated tyres on but thats not really help on wet
freezing roads. The freeways where dry so speeds increased dramatically
while I pumped up Sir Mix-a-lots "I'm your Testarossa"
"Gear number three, get off the clutch and don't let 'em up
Keep 'em all down on these young bucks
Let 'em know big boss is just a bit quicker
Get the picture"
Anyways, I had fun all in all. Have a great time in Canada!~
Trev
p.s. Got to redo that song with Nsx in there somewhere.

HAHAHA!! Awesome driving song!!! Yeah....we will have to work on getting Testarossa taken out and substitute in NSX.... :)

Bigglezworth said:
The weather in Calgary was a balmy 10 degrees Celcius for the entire weekend and I took the ride out for a toot on Saturday. Had been 7 weeks since parking it and was missing getting the daily ride in. Glad the weather was nice. Perhaps it will be nice in another couple of months so the wait until mid spring isn't so painful. :wink:

Tim

When we left Montreal today I think it was a balmy -10 degress Celcius. With the windchill it was SOOOO COLD!!! Brrrr!! :(

working late tonight. had Linkin Park "breaking the habit" playing on WMP and NSX thoughts overwhelmed me. I really miss driving the NSX..I can visualize all the places I drive her this past summer...I can hear the sound of 8000rpm as if were happening. What am I going to do.?..There is still a good 3-4 months of waiting left..

NCC-1701D said:
working late tonight. had Linkin Park "breaking the habit" playing on WMP and NSX thoughts overwhelmed me. I really miss driving the NSX..I can visualize all the places I drive her this past summer...I can hear the sound of 8000rpm as if were happening. What am I going to do.?..There is still a good 3-4 months of waiting left..

I know what you mean. It's been 3 months since I parked the NSX ... hopefully only 2 more to go. Awfully cold in Edmonton so to pass the time I started buying NSX stuff on ebay.

A couple of magazines, some promotional material, a plastic model and a diecast model. :wink:

Attachments

• book1.jpg
    book1.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 119
  • book2.jpg
    book2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 125
  • book3.jpg
    book3.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 125
  • model.jpg
    model.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 126
  • diecast.jpg
    diecast.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 111
Caveman said:
A couple of magazines, some promotional material, a plastic model and a diecast model. :wink:

Also found a book from Acura introducing the NSX. Hard cover (with aluminum), more than 50 pages of gorgeous pics, facts, & propogana.

Attachments

• book4.jpg
    book4.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 106
  • book4a.jpg
    book4a.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 120
Back