• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do you think a deal like this will come along again?

Vizal,
I like your avitar! :biggrin:

Paul

I agree with others, I would not buy a car only to put it into storage, even if it is a good deal. So many things can change in a year, that could change your decision on whether or not to own the car. And in the meantime, you'll be incurring expenses for a car you're not using. Just wait. When you're ready, there will be plenty of used NSXs around to buy.

Sockeye said:
was I an idiot? or is Mr. Hardy a magician?

Mr. Hardy is a cheap bastard who will wait for the right deal then pounce. My wife's Maxima was bought for $8,800 when it booked for $13,000. My E350 Van that tows the racecar was bought for $5,600 when it booked for $10,000. The key is to not go car shopping when you NEED a car - buy the car when you find the deal. The Maxima was found pretty quickly - only a couple of weeks after we decided to upgrade from her Civiuc. The Van I shopped for for about 3 months. Mid-high 20's is not a ripoff, it's just not a steal either. I don't buy until I find a steal. It's just a personality defect. The good part is that I am never upside down in a car, never buy new, and never end up with more than a 36 month loan. The bad part is waiting for the deal. This personality defect extends to all areas of my life, which is why I am buying a modest home in a modest neighborhood with a 15 year loan, while my peers are buying luxury homes that cost twice as much, but killing their financial futures to do so.

I suffered from an affliction that seemed to carry out through my whole life.I still am a bargain shopper at heart but then I came to the realization that if I just spent more time training my brain to learn how to make more money instead of saving more money it would take care of the problem. The process is still ongoing but I hope to change gears completely some day. I am glad I went ahead and got the car at market value instead of waiting for the killer deal, now i can enjoy my NSX and spend time on money growth instead of flying around looking and checking the internet daily for new cars.
Now if I can just learn how to spend less time on this forum :biggrin:

Back