• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does the Veilside fortune kit fit any generation NSX?

I have been interested in an NSX since I saw one in a magazine when I was younger :eek:. I recently cashed in on some invested deployment money and have enough to buy one finally. I have also always liked the fortune kit. I know they are no longer sold. Once I find the perfect NSX for the pickin I am going to build up the drivetrain first and put an end the natural aspiration. The final step will be a wide body kit. My question before I can finally make my choice on one is will the Veilside Fortune kit fit any generation NSX:confused: Also anyone have any good resources for finding an NSX other than here and autotrader?

Last edited:
you must not love the NSX as much as you think.

if you want to tear up a perfectly good NSX to put on a body kit with toyota celica headlights

its just a terrible thought

some love the kits, 99% dont.

I've seen on here not many people are too fond of that kit. I'd just like it to look a little bit different then a stock NSX and like that with a widebody kit I can use wider wheels and tires. I do love the stock car though. After the rest of the nessesary upgrades I may just want to us paint for the custom part and keep the body stock. Decisions decisions.

I'd just like it to look a little bit different then a stock NSX

Yes but it's not like you see an NSX at every stoplight like Corvettes and Porsches, so I don't understand why you feel the need to differentiate your car. If anything, making the car look like a kit and no longer recognizable as an NSX sends the message that you don't really care much for the original NSX design, and it probably isn't great for resale either.

If anything, stock NSXs are becoming more rare by the day as the cheaper ones are gobbled up by people who can now afford to buy and mod them. I hope it doesn't end the way of the MR2, where it's nearly impossible to find a clean stock one.

I can see how that's an issue already. Since I've been looking for one it's been hard to find one that's closer to stock.

I was looking at that one the other day. I think if I would do a widebody kit I would like to see the car evolve myself. At the same time I wouldn't mind getting one that's been worked on so I could watch it evolve further without ruining another stock NSX. I am just having a difficult time deciding. It's a lot of money and time I'll be investing. Does this sound like a pretty solid deal though?

That price sound about right?

thats up to you..but I can tell you for sure you will be paying much more buying a stocker and doing it yourself.If it were me I would need to see the quality of the conversion,iether someone I trust as my agent or in person.

I uses to like the kit when I was younger. But when I look at it now, the more I look at it, the more I think it just wants attention. OEM nsx is classic, if u gonna get a widebody, get a sorcery.. Veilside make NSX not an NSX, it makes NSX something else.

I'm just gonna sit back and wait to make the decision. As far as that silver Veilside NSX goes. The seller had some negative sales results on here and ebay so I'm not sure if its worth a trip to Jersey to be dissapointed. I'm going to keep looking daily for one. If it's stock it will be a while till its time for body modification. The drivetrain and performance upgrades will come first. NOW if only I could find one!:mad:

Thanks for the help. This is a really amazing resouce. I can't wait to have the car and post the custom work.

like the other seasoned members have stated don't do it.

highly highly modified nsx's (or any cars for that matter) are next to impossible to sell when it comes due time; and will pretty much never sell unless they take a heavy heavy price hit. case in point the silver one mentioned asks for 50k; then goes on ebay for with max bid for 20k; so it gets relisted where the buy it now prices becomes 25k. and now i think its on prime for 30k.

i dont question the quality of work how how much money may have been dumped into the car; but the chances of getting the money back for a highly modified car are slim. if you have to go the veilside route the silver will be likely your best bet as you can save time get it for a very good price, and most importantly not take as much of a depreciation hit since you don't have to dump hoards of money to get that veilside look.

imho of course

I'm just gonna sit back and wait to make the decision. As far as that silver Veilside NSX goes. The seller had some negative sales results on here and ebay so I'm not sure if its worth a trip to Jersey to be dissapointed. I'm going to keep looking daily for one. If it's stock it will be a while till its time for body modification. The drivetrain and performance upgrades will come first. NOW if only I could find one!:mad:

Thanks for the help. This is a really amazing resouce. I can't wait to have the car and post the custom work.

i dont know why so many are concerned with resale... unless you plan to get rid of it. and in that case, you really don't love the car enough to have a say. im not fond of the veilside fortune, but hey... its your car, do what you like.

i had a hard time finding one because many have tasteless mods. i was told recently that i had some nice wheels on my car (nothing special, just silver enkei rpf01's) and they had seen many NSX's before, but most had tasteless wheels and other tasteless mods. such is life. i got mine, so ruin the rest so mine stands out. :wink:

just dont mess up any 02+ because i want one some day.

Im a decent fan of the Veilside kit too, but I have always said "It looks really cool, but I wouldnt want it..Id grow sick of it in 6 months or less and I would yearn for an OEM (or close) look."

I'm not even a big fan of the full pre-2002 to post 2002 conversion, because I feel that at some point, I want the car the way it came, and that a full conversion kills the value of the vehicle. I'd take one if the price was right, but im sure you all know what im saying.

I love the car OEM and if I bought one that wasn't modified, which is what I'm looking for, I would take a very long look at the car before I put any kit on. I'm just struggling with being patient enough to find my "dream car." However with an investment like this I know it's worth being patient for. Let the long drawn out search begin.

Damn that's pretty cheap if it's the legit veilside kit and not a copy of one. I'm gonna wait till I get the car though this time. I made that mistake once and had the kit and not the car and had to sell the kit. It was pretty dissapointing so I'll just buy the car first. Ya live and learn.

But don't forget, even that that inexpensive price for the kit, you still need to source headlights and tail lights, which are custom units and very expensive. Also, to fit all the panels, trim, blend, bondo, sand, paint, you are looking at around $10-15k easilly...

If you want to take the time to do a Veilside kit, have some members go look at the Silver one in NJ.

Damn that's pretty cheap if it's the legit veilside kit and not a copy of one. I'm gonna wait till I get the car though this time. I made that mistake once and had the kit and not the car and had to sell the kit. It was pretty dissapointing so I'll just buy the car first. Ya live and learn.

I just need to find a damn car! I've been looking for years now but finally have the liquid money to go just get one. I posted on the north east thread to see if anyone has, plans to, or could go see the silver 94' in NJ posted on this thread. Any one have any insight on any of this or a better place to search for my dream car?:confused::confused:

I recommend getting the '94 that has already been built. It looks pretty damn good from what I see... I believe buying a used NSX and upgrading to Veilside will cost you much more in total :cool:

Thanks.....thats what I was thinking too, but I can't really get ahold of the seller for more than one email. I'd also like to have another opinion of it before I fly that far away.

Back