• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Don't leave home without it

Let me know how that goes. The power/space density of that is phenomenal, almost too good to be true. Lithium ion does pack a punch, and that looks not much larger than a laptop battery. I watched their video of jump starting a V6 numerous times, impressive. I wonder how well it would fair on a high compression motor, or even high compression V8. It shows a peak of 400amps, which is substantial for that size. I'm assuming it would not work well connected in parallel to a totally dead battery in a full size car - as the dead battery usually drains a typical jumpstarter rather quickly. But in a pinch (not advisable) you could get the engine running with that, and then move the leads over to the dead battery.

I wonder what the Amp/Hour rating capacity is. I'd be nice not having to lug around a 40 lbs SLA battery for a backyard projector movie night, and the cost is pretty much the same as the SLA's I get.

Back