• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Double Din face lift with cup holder

Looking around at various double din installs and none seemed to flow very well with OE equipment, so I thought I would try something a little different. Not quite happy with it just yet, but I thought I would post a quick phone pic and get some input.

I'll post some better pics later.

Cheers

Attachments

• doubledin.jpg
    doubledin.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,403
Last edited:
I def like it. making it was easy but did you paint it or have someone paint it.

I can mold anything but painting It would look like a small child did it LOL

great job

Pioneer avic x930bt

Ah. That is the unit I have been looking at. There are some really good deals on the net right now for it. I think the lowest I saw with $530 including the $100 rebate from pioneer.

what did you do to cover the exposed curved corners of the climate control unit? i was going the square the ones on mine, but couldn't find a neat solution.

any tips would be appreciated

The best center console cover i have seen. Deals with the lack of cup holder in the nsx and updates the interior with the double din instead of tape deck

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments. Here are a couple more pics.
I am not quite finished with it yet, plan to clean it up a bit around the edges before I make a mold.

I want to try some other colors for a more contemporary look...satin black or maybe silver.....thoughts?

Attachments

• nsxbexellogo.jpg
    nsxbexellogo.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 604
  • nsxbezelcup.jpg
    nsxbezelcup.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:
my goodness just realized you are right around the corner ! (toronto)

im a huge fan of the matte black of CF consoles.

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments. Here are a couple more pics.
I am not quite finished with it yet, plan to clean it up a bit around the edges before I make a mold.

I want to try some other colors for a more contemporary look...satin black or maybe silver.....thoughts?

Looks tons better with the squared edges around the climate control. Something never looked exactly right after a dd install even with the professional installs. After seeing this I realize not having the cc edges squared off was throwing the finished product off imo. Huge thumbs up!!!

Clean job you did there. That cupholder fabrication is exactly what I have done to my center console 10 years ago, and until now, it was the only one in existance- ChrisNSX now has my previous NSX. I actually had a company in FL fabricate a custom CF overlay that accomodated the change from rectangle coin tray to cylindrical cup holder.

Someone mentioned- yes, it is possible and easy to shift, even w/ a drink in that location. After I sold that NSX to Chris, and bought a replacement, I was too lazy to have the same cupholder fabricated so I came up another stealthy idea. I put one of those expandale flat-mount cupholders inside the armrest box.

Someone mentioned- yes, it is possible and easy to shift, even w/ a drink in that location.

I guess I'd have to try it to see. The workmanship looks professional and clean, but I think I'd have to twist my arm around a venti latte to get from gear to gear.

After I sold that NSX to Chris, and bought a replacement, I was too lazy to have the same cupholder fabricated so I came up another stealthy idea. I put one of those expandale flat-mount cupholders inside the armrest box.

Isn't that what the stock cupholders are :confused:

IMG_8223.JPG

I had to remove the CF overlay it started to look dated. I had the console re-done.

Last edited:
Back