• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Down Under Trackday NSX

WTAC is a bit outside of our budget at the moment, but I did have a motorsport management company offer me the opportunity to run the car full time with sponsorship if I wanted to go down that route, but for now I still need to decide what I want to do with the car and we've got at least 6 months worth of work to get it truly settled in and setup how it should be, maybe longer.

Maybe one day it will see the shores of Aussie, but for now it will just see local events I'm afraid...... you never know though in the future if I win lotto I might see you there :)

the car is a real credit to you & your helpers Fraser, I take my hat off to all the thought and effort that went in to get the car to this excellent "start point".

BTW what is WTAC?

Found it's way onto Speedhunters !!!

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2012/02/01/event-gt-gt-4-amp-rotary-nationals-imports.aspx

9.jpg

so now we know fraser, you snuck a 4 cylinder or rotary engine into your build while we were't looking. sneeky bastard! so, a Porsche 968CS 3 litre four perhaps, or a tri-rotor mazda 13B ?? :biggrin:

LOL, yeah it's called the 4 and Rotary nationals as it started as that years ago, but has got bigger and bigger and I guess it's too hard to change the name in case people thing it's a different event.

It's basically show on Saturday and drag racing on Sunday, but I didn't do any drag racing as it wasn't tuned...... not that it's really my thing anyhow..... was just asked to attend for the Honda club and the Performance car magazine guys as they were promoting my issue there..... it's out to the public on the 6th !!

Congrats mate!
Car looks great! Can't wait to see it on track in its natural playground.
I think Decals would look great.btw how are the mirrors ?

Nico

Thanks Nico. In the recent magazine article (which I will post as soon as I can without annoying the magazine owners) there is credit there for your car which drew my attention to NSX's as a possible option in the first place ! :D

I'm looking forward to getting the car decal'ed up to see what it looks like also, but we didn't have time before the show and also didn't want to change it too much from the pictures in the magazine before it was out, so now it's all over we are going to move on with getting it done......

When you say about the mirrors, what do you mean ??? Like how useful are they ?? If so then...........not very !! LOL, but then again I don't think any mirrors that look good would be with the widebody, but I guess it's what you get used to, but we haven't really had a need to use them yet so I guess we'll see.

If you mean turning them into electric windows instead of manual ones, then that's all working a treat so no headaches there......

If you mean something else then let me know :D

Last edited:
Unfortunately a combination of no money and an upcoming wedding has forced me to put things on hold till after mid April so nothing is really going to happen till after then I'm afraid.......

I may be biassed, but it's good to see you've got your priorities wrong Fraser :smile:

Well that's it............ GTR is sold

Really nice guy from further up the north island so it will no doubt be making some appearances around that area from now on...... Kept my F1RACR number plates though so it's just got basic plates on it now, but it will still stand out I think.

A real shame to see it go, but I've had 11 great years with her so now it's someone elses turn......... no idea what I'm going to do, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

20050716aa152634P01.jpg

20050716aa150514P01.jpg

Well it's been a long time between updates, but I finally got the airjacks all working tonight with enough pressure to lift the car correctly............ so thought I'd post a quick video to show.

I've also finally installed a custom windscreen wiper setup for the car as well which has taken a fair amount of time and although I'm no engineer I'm really happy that I was able to fabricate the whole setup myself and it pretty much worked first time !!

I'll post some pics and video tomorrow of that if I get chance, but I didn't have a camera with a flash with me and it was too dark to use the phone I had with me.

Car will be going to Speedtech in the next day or so and it will stay there till I get back from my honeymoon on at the end of April, but by then it should all wired up properly and tuned and ready to hit the track ! A friend has invited me to his private trackday at the end of April so all things being equal we will give the car it's first shakedown there and see how things pan out after that......

Well first of all the suppliers (not the makers) of the jacks told me 200psi should do it, then when it didn't I asked them and they said they got the calculations wrong and that I needed 280-300psi, but in fact I needed to get it up to around 350PSI. Ideally I think it needs a bit more, but the electronic valve block that I've got that opens and closes the air supply will only technically handle 300psi so I'm outside of the spec at 350psi and if I run it higher the solenoid can't open the valve so what I've got will have to do till I can get a higher spec valve block or I just decide to be happy with what I have.

I will send pics of what I've ended up with later today or tomorrow so you can see what the new setup looks like.

Well first of all the suppliers (not the makers) of the jacks told me 200psi should do it, then when it didn't I asked them and they said they got the calculations wrong and that I needed 280-300psi, but in fact I needed to get it up to around 350PSI. Ideally I think it needs a bit more, but the electronic valve block that I've got that opens and closes the air supply will only technically handle 300psi so I'm outside of the spec at 350psi and if I run it higher the solenoid can't open the valve so what I've got will have to do till I can get a higher spec valve block or I just decide to be happy with what I have.

I will send pics of what I've ended up with later today or tomorrow so you can see what the new setup looks like.

Hey Fraser,

Did you get married?.....and are you still on schedule to shake your car down this month on that private track day? Tell me how all of the engine management / electronics work, and if you encounter any "bugs" (no, not on the asphalt!)

Yes I did get married ....... am still on honeymoon in Aitutaki (off Rarotonga) till the end of this week......

Car is meant to be done when I get back, but no idea if it will be.......... will just have to wait and see I guess. Still haven't got an official date for the private trackday I was invited to either, so more will become clear when I get back next week........

Back