• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce 2002 Conversion

Here's a couple more photos of the conversion in finished form.

m3015.jpg

m3010.jpg

m3009.jpg

Thanks again for your reply with good news:biggrin: ...
I have one more question...:biggrin:
I saw the margarhill style front bumper on downforce.biz, and realize there are two different types of front bumper, one is for fixed headlight, and the other one is for 02 conversion, the differences between those two are the signal lights..For 02 conversion one(red NSX) there are no signal lights...
My question is are they selling two different types of bumper???

Please let me know...

And again, thank you very much...

nsxpowered said:
bumperlines.jpg

mynsx77: The bumper line is this one. I can't remember if it aligned up perfectly or not. I don't have a better picture right now. Sorry.

UPDATE FOR MYNSX77
OK, the lines do not match 100%. The good news is that it is off by only 1/8" or 3/16".

This picture above is a 02 front bumper with a 92 nsx hood, thats why it looks off...

mynsx77 said:
Thanks again for your reply with good news:biggrin: ...
I have one more question...:biggrin:
I saw the margarhill style front bumper on downforce.biz, and realize there are two different types of front bumper, one is for fixed headlight, and the other one is for 02 conversion, the differences between those two are the signal lights..For 02 conversion one(red NSX) there are no signal lights...
My question is are they selling two different types of bumper???

Please let me know...

And again, thank you very much...

Thanks for you reply...
Actually my question is this...
These two pictures are from downforce.biz
Both have different type, means one has sighnal lights on the bumper, but the other one does not have... So are they selling two different types of bumper?

Attachments

• m1-1.jpg
    m1-1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 241
  • m2-2.jpg
    m2-2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 271
That's a Marga front fascia. This thread is about the Downforce fascia. I think you are talking about an entirely different front fascia. Or I am not understanding something.

mynsx77 is confused, aside from not discussing downforce parts, he isn't sure about whether or not marga hills makes an updated bumper - the picture on the right, with the '02 spec headlights, is a conversion on an early car, the early car signal lights were filled in by the owner, to create the newer look without buying a bumper, so the part is the same, but again, not a downforce part.

Yep, I got it. talked with Ben and already order... THanks for all your information~:biggrin:

bizman said:
would love to see any pictures of the downforce 2002 rear valence painted and installed, any yet??

Kind of waiting to see before ordering.

I have mine installed, but I don’t have it painted yet. The fit is great!

The only problem I have with it is the bottom diffuser part sags in the center not noticeable unless you stand back to see it because it is on the bottom of the car. I plan to remedy this by using a piece of aluminum I got at home depot there is a hole to attach something but I have an after market exhaust and there is nothing to attach it to. I will try to take picks tomorrow. Fit is great it looks like the only thing I will have to do to prep it for paint is spray it with some sand able primer and paint it.

you need to buy part number 11 in the picture from your local dealer.
it does not attact to the exhaust at all. it attatches to the bumper.
examine the diagram

011 -part number# 71555-SL0-010 STAY,
RR. BUMPER CENTER (LOWER) 1 qty
2005 Acura NSX - regular $22.26, -discount $17.81

14sw051_b4610.gif

evof575gtc said:
you need to buy part number 11 in the picture from your local dealer.
it does not attact to the exhaust at all. it attatches to the bumper.
examine the diagram

011 -part number# 71555-SL0-010 STAY,
RR. BUMPER CENTER (LOWER) 1 qty
2005 Acura NSX - regular $22.26, -discount $17.81

14sw051_b4610.gif

Thanks my car did not have this.:biggrin:

Would it be possible to order Downforce product through credit car (Visa or Mastercard) and not having to go through PayPal. This would really help me save some money instead of ordering similar product from Japan. I'm interested in the NSX-R rear diffuser, NSX-R rear spoiler and the new sideskirt. Thanks.

PM me with your order. I will issue you a coupon code to use at our website to initiate your purchase. You can use your credit card when you check out!

Thanks Ben. :smile:
BenDF said:
PM me with your order. I will issue you a coupon code to use at our website to initiate your purchase. You can use your credit card when you check out!

nsxpowered said:
DRIFTER: We are ordering a massive OEM hardware package so we will have the bracket in stock. Did you get your bracket yet? If not let me know.

Yes i ordered it form my local Acura Dealer.

Back