• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce Carbon Fiber Engine Cover Group Buy

NSXROC: Okay this is odd. I had my brother bring up 3 hinges because that is all he can find in San Diego. I put it on the cover and it didn't fit. I can't be 100% certain if those hinges are on the hatch or the engine cover. So I looked at a 1992 NSX engine cover which belongs to an employee of mine and it works. Since the hinges I have does not work I will just buy the 3 sets for those I promised to send. I will just give you my employee's hinge so I can send you the tape. I will send out the following type of tapes, black foam tape, clear rubber tape, thicker clear rubber tape, and mylar dots. The thin mylar tape seems to be my favorite, but putting it on the glass takes a lot of attention. I will be sending out full rolls which is more then enough, actually enough to do 3 covers so that will give you plenty of practice. The camera is here but Ben forgot the charger so it will have to wait again for me to snap some result shots.

NSXROC: No not yet. I thought I had 3 sets of hinges but it turns out I only have one which is from a friend's car and there's 3 guys that needs it. I don't know what to do. I ordered 10 sets of hinges and after this group buy the hinges and the rod stays will not be included because only people with the NSX-T need them and a lot of the customer can just swap them from the old engine cover.

The good news is that they ROD stays came in from the dealer. Now I have to await for the hinges.

An awfully generous PRIME member, Arshad, lent me his hinges from his 91 to see if they will work with the Downforce cover and a Targa car.

IT WORKS GREAT!

I used the platforms from the CTSC hinges too. It all fits.

The cover looks incredible on the car.

Ive got to give these back to Arshad though, so Im still looking for hinges.

So Peter, for those on the waiting list, are we going to be able to get in on this group price or are we SOL?
Thanks

Well, I'm glad that the cover looks so good. I just got to get missing parts to finish these up.

Sorry for the delay!

I will send out the following type of tapes, black foam tape, clear rubber tape, thicker clear rubber tape, and mylar dots. The thin mylar tape seems to be my favorite, but putting it on the glass takes a lot of attention. I will be sending out full rolls which is more then enough, actually enough to do 3 covers so that will give you plenty of practice.

nsxpowered said:
NSXROC: No not yet. I thought I had 3 sets of hinges but it turns out I only have one which is from a friend's car and there's 3 guys that needs it. I don't know what to do. I ordered 10 sets of hinges and after this group buy the hinges and the rod stays will not be included because only people with the NSX-T need them and a lot of the customer can just swap them from the old engine cover.

The good news is that they ROD stays came in from the dealer. Now I have to await for the hinges.

Peter,

I don't need the hinges. I am able to mount the engine cover on the car with the existing hinges. I only need the tapes/mylar dots/adhesive and the rod stays. Could you see to it that they get sent first thing next week? I would really like to finish this project now as there will be limited time available for me to spend time on my car.

Thanks
Donny

For those of us on the waiting list, fret not.

Ben has said that we could get the GB price too.

Woohoo

the covers look great.... and the improved lexan attachment materials makes it top notch....

DVDoughboy said:
For those of us on the waiting list, fret not.

Ben has said that we could get the GB price too.

Woohoo

Ben - can you add me to the waiting list?

Sean

Here's the list from a few pages before:

1. NRG - light tint lexan
2. Biobanker - light tint lexan
3. NSXROC - medium tint lexan
4. Paul M - light tint lexan
5. BruceWayne - t-nsx - light tint lexan
6. Shumdit (pending pics of the colored lexan/mesh options!)
7. rbirling (custom frp version) - clear lexan, with double panes, on FRP painted black
8. Vega$ NSX - mesh
9. IsR - light tint lexan
10. nchhotu - clear tint lexan

/=======================

Waiting List:
11. 92NSX declined.
12. IsR moved to the top list since QWKSLVR change his mind.
13. nchhotu moved to the top list since Oyagi change his mind.
14. taf
15. byronj - light lexan
16. DVDoughboy - light tint lexan targa
17. ChrisNSX
18. lutera
19. Carl Ramsey
20. DDankew

I just placed a new order for hinges from another dealer.

Will try my best to update you guys on how long this is going to take. We want to finish up these orders as much as you want the part. :)

Ok guys, the stays are in. Please email me if you have your cover and waiting on a stay. I will have to verify your order.

Hinges will be in hand on Monday after the Thanksgiving weekend, and we should be able to ship the remaining sets then.

PAUL M said:
Great news! My cover looks awesome, But not so good on my garage floor :smile:

so install it, it takes all of about 15 minutes:wink:

PAUL M said:
Great news! My cover looks awesome, But not so good on my garage floor :smile:
xscuseless.gif

The Kid said:
so install it, it takes all of about 15 minutes:wink:

Thanks for the info:cool: I'm waiting on the hinges:biggrin:

I'll try and take some pics. It really is an awesome looking piece!!!

BenDF said:
I shall pick up the hinges later this week. Just waiting for the phone call to come. :)
Please let me know when the cover is ready for my nsx-t.
I have 10 thumbs so i do not want to install any type of hinges.
Thanks!

Back