• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dragon Sneak Peek II

Meeyatch1 said:
I will be sure to check...give me a day or two to see what they have...cool?

Thanks Mitch. Let me know as soon as you can.

Can't wait to get Dragonized again!

gapturns.jpg

Dewain27 said:
So, you guys this is getting close... do we have an agenda yet?

LOL!! That would involve planning. :biggrin: :wink:

The NSX may be staying at home, and I may be just bringing the S2000 down....either way I will be there for sure. Lesley may want me to share the driving duties with her in the S2K. It does not matter to me....either way I will be having a blast in a fun car. :)

Meeyatch1 said:
LOL!! That would involve planning. :biggrin: :wink:

The NSX may be staying at home, and I may be just bringing the S2000 down....either way I will be there for sure. Lesley may want me to share the driving duties with her in the S2K. It does not matter to me....either way I will be having a blast in a fun car. :)

Darn, I was hoping to check out your Berlina Black 91

I have a reservation at the Holiday Inn in Cherokee from 4/19 to 4/23. I'm not 100% sure I can go yet as a new business I'm starting up might force a trip to NYC.

I wanted to get to the area a couple of days early as the roads, especially The Dragon are pretty quiet during the week. Plus the weekend of the 21st is going to be chaos with not only the S2000 crowd but also the Honda Prelude Rotor Toaster, the Asphalt Shredders Spring Dragonquest and over 50 bikes participating in Extreme Chaos on The Dragon.

It will probably be quite the "entertaining" weekend at The Dragon! Hopefully the road carnage will kept to a minimum and no one will get killed.

The weather for the weekend looks very promising.

Hugh said:
I have a reservation at the Holiday Inn in Cherokee from 4/19 to 4/23. I'm not 100% sure I can go yet as a new business I'm starting up might force a trip to NYC.

I wanted to get to the area a couple of days early as the roads, especially The Dragon are pretty quiet during the week. Plus the weekend of the 21st is going to be chaos with not only the S2000 crowd but also the Honda Prelude Rotor Toaster, the Asphalt Shredders Spring Dragonquest and over 50 bikes participating in Extreme Chaos on The Dragon.

It will probably be quite the "entertaining" weekend at The Dragon! Hopefully the road carnage will kept to a minimum and no one will get killed.

The weather for the weekend looks very promising.

I am glad I can't make it! Sounds like mid-morning on an LA freeway!

I am going up this weekend to do a little camping in the area this weekend. I may drag the NSX along depending on who else will be there and when?

Drop a line, or if you see a white one scream loudly

White94 said:
I am going up this weekend to do a little camping in the area this weekend. I may drag the NSX along depending on who else will be there and when?

Drop a line, or if you see a white one scream loudly

Here's an approximate itinerary. I'll try to slow down if I see ya.

Friday night dinner at Holiday Inn
Saturday(maybe take off at 6:30) usual breakfast at BK then on to Franklin, route 28 out of Franklin all the way to the Dragon, do the Dragon twice, come back to the Cherohola, take it to Tellico Plains, then 360 to 411 and back to the Dragon, route 28 to 19 and back to Cherokee

Sunday, here's a change! 19 west out of Cherokee and pick up 28 south into Franklin (we have never done it this way) Then from Franklin look for a new road (WAYAH) route 1442 which will take us north back to 19/74, pick up 129 towards robbinsville onto the dragon, do it twice, come back on 28 to the robbinsville cut off and keep going to the Cherohola, do the Cherohola in reverse then head back (tired as h%)), to the motel

ambitious, but doable probably at least 325 miles per day

:biggrin:

Mirroredshades said:
Here's an approximate itinerary. I'll try to slow down if I see ya.

Friday night dinner at Holiday Inn
Saturday(maybe take off at 6:30) usual breakfast at BK then on to Franklin, route 28 out of Franklin all the way to the Dragon, do the Dragon twice, come back to the Cherohola, take it to Tellico Plains, then 360 to 411 and back to the Dragon, route 28 to 19 and back to Cherokee

Sunday, here's a change! 19 west out of Cherokee and pick up 28 south into Franklin (we have never done it this way) Then from Franklin look for a new road (WAYAH) route 1442 which will take us north back to 19/74, pick up 129 towards robbinsville onto the dragon, do it twice, come back on 28 to the robbinsville cut off and keep going to the Cherohola, do the Cherohola in reverse then head back (tired as h%)), to the motel

ambitious, but doable probably at least 325 miles per day

:biggrin:

Cool.

Hopefully we'll cross paths. I am going to drive down from Knoxville in the early afternoon on Friday, and park near Cades Cove to hiking some on the AT until Saturday mid-afternoon. I am thinking about doing the Knoxville -> Dragon -> NC 28 to Cherokee -> and back across through the park ether late sat or early sunday. I'll PM you my cell, if you see me and the phones work give me a call!

Mark

I'm sorry that I won't be able to make it this year! :mad: Last year was GREAT!

Will be in Birmingham straight thru till the 8th of May. I'll miss my NSX :frown: and driving on that awsome road. Hope you all have fun...be safe.

Blade, Mirrored Shades, Haste and TitaniumVtec...maybe we can do this all again soon? Keep in touch! :wink:

I ran a recon mission for you guys this weekend. Had a freakin BLAST!!!!!

Man I love the dragon. I spotted 3 other NSXs while I was up there. Who are you guys? Saw a blue one and a black one on Sat on the Dragon. Saw a red one on the Cherohala on Sunday (hauling some major ass).

There are some pictures of you guys at www.dragonslayerphotos.com if you are interested and probably Killboy when he gets them up.

There were cops EVERYWHERE. Didn't see many giving tickets but be careful. Hopefully it was just b/c of Easter. 2 NC troopers at the Dragon gas station on Sat. Saw Tenn state troopers in the middle of the Dragon on both days. Motorcycles cops and cars from both states. There was a radar trap right outside of Cherokee as well. Instant on I might add.

Joyce Kilmer makes a good shortcut from Robbinsville to Cherohala. Be careful if you try it in reverse though because there are 3 bumps in a row that will scrape if you don't slow down.

Here are a couple of pics I took.

11205DSCF0016-med.JPG

11205DSCF00271-med.JPG

11205DSCF0031-med.JPG

Mirroredshades said:
I ran a recon mission for you guys this weekend. Had a freakin BLAST!!!!!...

What happened to your nice rims?? Glad to hear you had a nice time. I hope the weather holds out for us this weekend. There are talks of rain according to the worthless news around here. Only time will tell.

TitaniumVtec said:
What happened to your nice rims?? Glad to hear you had a nice time. I hope the weather holds out for us this weekend. There are talks of rain according to the worthless news around here. Only time will tell.

I saw the scattered thunderstorms forecast too. :(

The S2000 crew have a large event planned for that weekend there ourselves. Hope to see you guys up there.

I hope my car holds up. Not many of you know but I just rebuilt my engine using the good people at 2NRwerks.com. Seems I damaged (not spun completely) a couple of my main bearings.

I will have about 1200 miles on the new build when we arrive at the mouth of the dragon, so, although I will be there with my car, I will not be attacking the course with it. :(

Good luck and have a fun and safe trip. Hope to run into a few of you while up there.

I will be introducing myself to any NSX's I see so please return the favor if you run across any of us.

TitaniumVtec said:

I hit a HUGE nail and it busted the tire and scratched the rim pretty bad. I can probably get the wheel fixed but didn't have time to get a new set of meats for the rear. Had to revert to the original wheels for this trip.

Don't worry about the rain. The forecast for the previous weekend was scattered showers for the entire weekend. I think I saw about 22 drops while I was there.

:cool:

sjones said:
I saw the scattered thunderstorms forecast too. :(

Remember, you are in a rain forest technically there in the extreme western part of the state. There is always a chance of rain there every day from spring through fall. A day without rain is unusual.

Gonna hae to pass on the dragon trip this time. Spring is always too busy and if I don't get a week off in March to do a sports car trip, it usually means it has to wait until september.

I'l be out that way labor day week in all likelihood.

So where are the Atlanta guys planning on meeting up? The S2K Atlanta group is planning on meeting up at the Chevron just past Toosy's at 10am. I think I'll drive up in their group. Should make for some interesting travel!

Toosy's Way Station
Address: 251 Highway 400 # B, Dahlonega, GA 30533
Phone: (706) 864-3932

http://www.s2katlanta.com/~s2katl/forum/showthread.php?t=3847

Just think; NSX's, S2K's and Preludes! lol VTEC goodness for everyone!

Daily Interlude said:
So where are the Atlanta guys planning on meeting up? The S2K Atlanta group is planning on meeting up at the Chevron just past Toosy's at 10am. I think I'll drive up in their group. Should make for some interesting travel!

Toosy's Way Station
Address: 251 Highway 400 # B, Dahlonega, GA 30533
Phone: (706) 864-3932

http://www.s2katlanta.com/~s2katl/forum/showthread.php?t=3847

Just think; NSX's, S2K's and Preludes! lol VTEC goodness for everyone!

ha thanks for stoppin by jason

Back