• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dragon Sneak Peek

So before the two wheelers come out a small group of us are making a pilgrimmage out of Orlando up to the Dragon and it's surroundings this March 17-20. It'll be an eclectic mix of machinery and people both experienced and green. Post if you're interested.

Al
Here's a close-to-finalized itinerary.

Itinerary:

RAIN OR SHINE

March 17 - 1400 Depart Orlando FL ~Krispy Kreme Millenia Mall~

Address: 4080 Millenia Avenue, Orlando, FL 32839

March 17 - ~1700 Arrive GA/FL Border ~I-75 NB GA Welcome Center 20 minute stop - Meetup with Jax caravan~

March 17 - ~2000 Arrive Atlanta stay overnight ~Comfort Inn Hotel Site ~

Address: 2489 George Busbee Parkway, Kennesaw GA 30144-4961

March 18 - 1030 Depart Atlanta GA ~Cracker Barrel Kennasaw~

Address: 3389 Busbee Dr, Barrett Parkway, Kennersaw GA 30144

March 18 - ~1430 Arrive Robbinsville NC stay 2 nights ~Microtel Inn http://www.microtelinn.com/ ~

Address: 111 Bypass, Robbinsville, NC 28771

March 20 - ~1100 Depart Robbinsville NC

March 20 - ~2100 Arrive Orlando FL

Detailed Activities:

Thursday, March 17
Welcome dinner Atlanta

Friday, March 18
Mountain driving-Gran Turismo 4-Dinner

Saturday, March 19
Dragon and surrounding roads-Dinner-Dragon night run

Sunday, March 20
Last run

Last edited:
There are about 20 confirmed people (10 from Orlando, 10 from other parts) going. We'll be guided by someone familiar with the area roads and he promises a nice route for us including suitable eateries. Alot of planning's actually gone into this and I think everyone'll have a good time while staying safe.

Al

Here's a close-to-finalized itinerary.

Itinerary:

RAIN OR SHINE

March 17 - 0900 Depart Orlando FL ~Krispy Kreme Millenia Mall~

Address: 4080 Millenia Avenue, Orlando, FL 32839

March 17 - ~1300 Arrive GA/FL Border ~I-75 NB GA Welcome Center 20 minute stop - Meetup with Jax caravan~

March 17 - ~1600 Arrive Atlanta stay overnight ~Comfort Inn Hotel Site ~

Address: 2489 George Busbee Parkway, Kennesaw GA 30144-4961

March 18 - 1030 Depart Atlanta GA ~Cracker Barrel Kennasaw~

Address: 3389 Busbee Dr, Barrett Parkway, Kennersaw GA 30144

March 18 - ~1430 Arrive Robbinsville NC stay 2 nights ~Microtel Inn http://www.microtelinn.com/ ~

Address: 111 Bypass, Robbinsville, NC 28771

March 20 - ~1100 Depart Robbinsville NC

March 20 - ~2100 Arrive Orlando FL

Detailed Activities:

Thursday, March 17
Welcome dinner Atlanta

Friday, March 18
Mountain driving-Gran Turismo 4-Dinner

Saturday, March 19
Dragon and surrounding roads-Dinner-Dragon night run

Sunday, March 20
Last run

Last edited:
I live in Maryville, TN and would love to hook up with some fellow NSX owners. Is everyone in your group staying at the same place or are you meeting in one area before the ride? I'd like to know where to meet all of you at 10am on Saturday the 19th.

Thanks,
James

TitaniumVtec said:
I live in Maryville, TN and would love to hook up with some fellow NSX owners. Is everyone in your group staying at the same place or are you meeting in one area before the ride? I'd like to know where to meet all of you at 10am on Saturday the 19th.

Thanks,
James

James, welcome aboard.

Bear in mind that while there will be some NSX folk, others hail from the Evolution, S2000, Elise and Subaru boards and I believe we'll have a lone Z. Yes, most of us are staying at the Robbinsville NC Microtel so I suggest those staying overnight make a reservation as soon as possible. For those meeting up on Saturday we'll be rallying at the Microtel parking lot and departing at approx. 10:00AM.

Al

NSXnBRLA said:
What exactly is the Dragon?

postermap2003.gif

Haste said:
Bear in mind that while there will be some NSX folk, others hail from the Evolution, S2000, Elise and Subaru boards and I believe we'll have a lone Z. Yes, most of us are staying at the Robbinsville NC Microtel so I suggest those staying overnight make a reservation as soon as possible. For those meeting up on Saturday we'll be rallying at the Microtel parking lot and departing at approx. 10:00AM.
Al

That's cool. I love all the cars you mentioned. As the date approaches I will contact you to get a cell phone number. That way I can double check that all is a go!!

To the Dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NSXnBRLA said:
What exactly is the Dragon?

It is one of the most fun stretches of road you will ever drive. I go there twice a year with the S2000 club and my S2000. About 80-90 S2000's show up and spend a couple of days zipping up and down the road. It is so much fun!! Well worth the drive from alomost anywhere!! :smile:

Haste said:
So before the two wheelers come out a small group of us are making a pilgrimmage out of Orlando up to the Dragon and it's surroundings this March 17-20. It'll be an eclectic mix of machinery and people both experienced and green. Post if you're interested.

Al

You haven't checked the schedule yet?

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/calendar.html

Haste said:
Wow that's new. Last I checked, which was last week, there were no entries for March. No worries though as the Dragon's only one of the roads we'll be driving. :biggrin:

I wish I could join you guys. Maybe next time.

Mirroredshades said:
You drive down from Canada? I've lived in NC for 20 years and never once headed over to check it out. I might just have to make this trip.

I am kind of a road trip guy. I love cars, and love to drive them as much as possible. Having driven down to Florida just because I was bored, this kind of thing is nothing for me. :)

(*By the way...you are REALLY missing out if you even remotely enjoy driving your car....you need to try this road.)

What is the attendance list for this?? How many cars are going to be there?? I may just cancel my plans to drive to Pittsburg and head down to The Dragon if there are enough cars going.

I'm there!!!...If you'll have me! :biggrin: ( Or, is this just for guys? ) :mad:

I live in Knoxville & drive 129 (The Dragon) several times a year. Only 40 miles from where I live.
Without a doubt, it is one of the best roads in the US!
For the unfamiliar...the road has no guardrails and has hairpin/switchbacks that will make you wish you brought a change of cloths, at times!
Had driven it in my '69 Jag XKE rdstr. for years...really hard to pull the front end around those curves with NO power steering at all, but managed to master it. Have driven my NSX on it only twice so far & would love to join you. As times draws nearer ,will check in to find out where to meet up with you...maybe as you come thru Knoxville? Let me know your plans.

Deborah in Knoxville :biggrin:
'91 stock/OEM Sebring Silver

You're welcome to join. My wife will be driving her car while I'll be in mine. I believe there's another young lady driving from Florida as well. It's an all-inclusive group! :smile:

I am really trying to make arrangements to come on down to this. Keep me updated on who is going. Thanks.

Back