• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drying Towels Recomendation

tof

Experienced Member
I'm sure there are a hundred older posts on this topic. But for the benefit of noobs and to reflect technical advances in microfiber...

What do you use to dry your car after a nice wash?

I used to use all cotton made-in-usa terry towels but they have several problems. They tend to lose their softness with repeated washings. It is getting harder to find nice completely plain white USA manufactured towels. And there is the issue of all those little white bits left on the car.

So I decided to try a couple of blue microfiber waffle type drying towels from one of the major detailing web sites. Couldn't be more pleased. They soak up water like a sponge and they don't appear to be micro-scratching my Berlina Black NSX. I have found that I need to be a little slower and more deliberate in applying the towels but that really isn't a bad thing. It just seems like it takes a bit more time for the microfiber waffle surface to pick up moisture compared to a terry towel.

Microfiber waffle weave towels are what you're looking for. Good ones usually cost around $15-20 bucks each, but only one or two will be needed to dry your vehicle. If cared for correctly, they'll last you a good long while (only wash with other microfiber, no fabric softener, keep clean and away from dirty areas / surfaces).
There are a lot of good companies that sell such towels online such as Detailed Image, Detailer's Domain, PakShak, Autogeek, etc.

I use custom made bath towels made with 100% Egyptian cotton. Super absorbent. I wash them after ever car wash with liquid detergent never powder.

Hi, I know this is not the place for introductions but I am kind of new to Prime as I just bought my brothers 1991 NSX. I also own a detailing, clearbra and tint shop so I look forward to helping out in this section of the forum.

As far as drying, the waffle weave microfiber towels are a excellent choice. A friend of mine imports and sells microfiber towels and the waffle weave drying towels he sells are much less expensive than you will find most anywhere else and top quality.

www.towelpros.com

You have to buy a minimum of 25 but they are $3.25 each instead of $15-$20.

Hi, I know this is not the place for introductions but I am kind of new to Prime as I just bought my brothers 1991 NSX. I also own a detailing, clearbra and tint shop so I look forward to helping out in this section of the forum.

As far as drying, the waffle weave microfiber towels are a excellent choice. A friend of mine imports and sells microfiber towels and the waffle weave drying towels he sells are much less expensive than you will find most anywhere else and top quality.

www.towelpros.com

You have to buy a minimum of 25 but they are $3.25 each instead of $15-$20.

That's nice, and I would even like to try some of those towels, mitts etc. but WTF am I going to do with 25 wash mitts??????

:eek::biggrin:

I think towel pro's just tries to avoid shipping one towel at a time. If you want a couple of a few things give him a call or email and he will probably be able to put something together for you.

Save 'em! Collect 'em! Swap them with your friends!

If they came in more sizes, I could at least wear them on my hands and feet...

Back