• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ebay LM BBS style 18" Fitment probelms

Cheap wheels with fitment problems are useless.
Expensive wheels with fitment problems are still useless.

+1 on that.
I got a set of cheap wheels and set of expensive wheels. Fitment on both is spot on. :biggrin:

+2. Offsets are offsets, regardless of brand/price/etc.

I a pretty sure they are +42 and then he added a 5mm spacer and says there is only 1mm clearance and thus he is considering using the 8mm in front.

I say he'll need way more than 8mm in rear anyway so use the 8mm up front (may need longer studs) and get a 15mm bolt-on spacer for the rear - this would make it the same as a 10" +36 wheel.

Still, the effective +34 in front MAY rub depending how low the car is.

Last edited:
Thank you Angus, Synth19, and Hapa88 for your help.
The wheels have been installed. Dare not drive the car until the extended lugs and 15mm spacers arrive.

The Specs of the rims are

18 x 8 ET+42 (without spacers) F and 18 x 9 ET+38 (without spacers)

The front wheels come with 5mm spacers (effective ET +37) which clears brake caliper by only 1mm. The rear wheels are currently installed with 8mm spacers (effective +30) which clears by only 1mm as well.

I am thinking about moving the 8mm spacers to the front wheel (effective ET+ 34) and adding a 10 or 15mm spacer to the rear wheel (effective ET+28 to ET+23).

Should I go with 15mm spacers instead? Will it rub the rear fenders?

Many thanks.

I am thinking about moving the 8mm spacers to the front wheel (effective ET+ 34) and adding a 10 or 15mm spacer to the rear wheel (effective ET+28 to ET+23).

I don't know why you keep saying that you're going to move the rear spacers to the front.:confused:
The centerbore of the rear of the NSX is 64.1mm, and the front is 70.1mm. If you have Hubcentric spacers (which you should.. if you don't, you should definitely return them), then it is impossible to swap them back to front...

This is what a properly fitting, hubcentric spacer looks like (although it is installed incorrectly, it should be flipped over.). The circled red part is the hub.
spacer2.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know why you keep saying that you're going to move the rear spacers to the front.:confused:
The centerbore of the rear of the NSX is 64.1mm, and the front is 70.1mm. If you have Hubcentric spacers (which you should.. if you don't, you should definitely return them), then it is impossible to swap them back to front...

This is what a properly fitting, hubcentric spacer looks like (although it is installed incorrectly, it should be flipped over.). The circled red part is the hub.
spacer2.jpg

Thank you all for the help. Some questions about spacers and extended studs.

I bought this 8mm spacer from ebay. Is this safe to use for front wheels?
JDM KICS KYO-EI 8mm RIM WHEEL SPACER 4x100 4x114 5x100 5x114 5x112 PCD 98-114
will this work with the extended studs i bought from ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230682706078?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

This 15mm spacer + extended stud set is also purchased through ebay. This one is hubcentric for NSX rear.
HUBCENTRIC WHEEL SPACERS 15MM ACURA NSX REAR 1991+

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140601226828?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Bought 10 pc extended stud set for the front
10x ICHIBA 45mm 12x1.5 M12 P1.5 12.35mm EXTEND LONG WHEEL RIM STUDS ACURA HONDA
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270838255618?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649wheels.

you must really love these wheels to go through all this . :eek:

you must really love these wheels to go through all this . :eek:

Had no choice. Seller charges a high restocking fee for all return. Either spend money on spacers and studs or lose $500 on restocking fees (25% of total purchase price). These rims only cost$600 for set of 4. The tires (yokohama S drive 215/35/18 + 265/35/18) cost more than the rims.

I cannot use the ebay buyer protection program because I paid via credit card by phone. Should have used the paypal transaction so ebay will back me up on disputed transaction.

Buyer beware. Many ebay sellers have no idea about NSX offset and fitting. At times it is totally worth it to pay more and get expert advice on details.

If I had known better. Would not have gone through with the purchase :(

Why didn't you just resell them if you couldn't return them? Was that not a choice?

Why didn't you just resell them if you couldn't return them? Was that not a choice?

Reselling them would be too much hassle. Simply don't have the time to advertise and sell locally.

This is the car I keep in a vacation home which I visit twice a year. I drive the car no more than 20 days out of the year because I am out of the country most of the time. Only get to visit the sweet USA during April and August of each year for a week at a time during my annual conference in California. The NSX is one of my favorite nostalgia car and a low maintenance car I don't mind keeping long term (porsche 993, E30 M3).

Surely it can't be less hassle than making these work!! Up to you though, good luck-

I'm sure the seller is marketing to the nsx crowd because thats where the money is...I wonder what car these wheels are really meant to fit?Oh well as you said you only drive the car a few times a year.

Save yourself a lot of hassle and get a 15m spacer with integrated studs - also - make sure your wheels have the "pockets" in between the lug holes on the backside to accomodate the studs.

Thank you all for the help. Some questions about spacers and extended studs.

I bought this 8mm spacer from ebay. Is this safe to use for front wheels?
JDM KICS KYO-EI 8mm RIM WHEEL SPACER 4x100 4x114 5x100 5x114 5x112 PCD 98-114
will this work with the extended studs i bought from ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230682706078?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The fronts are exactly what you should NOT get. Cancel your order now.

Get H&R Spacers instead. They are Hubcentric and build to fit the NSX's Hub.
http://hrsprings.com/scripts/appgui...ind2&Year=1991&ModelID=4&q=1991 | Acura | NSX

Last edited:
Back