• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Eibach Pro Springs - Bilstein or Koni

You and your old work Termist wheels, I believe you had some extreme outer rings on your 2 piece rims :biggrin:

I think I just gotta get it up on a lift and check it out.

And to everyone else on the tire size issue...Its a METALIC bang not a tire RUBBING - not hard to tell the difference. I'M not 99 with a hearing aid !!

Yeah, I thought that's what you were referring to. . . or Onion Rings. . MmmMmM onion rings!

Anyway, it could be hitting the battery tray or a Type R underbrace if you have one. Here's a picture I found that shows the limited clearance. (Might be able to see something if you just remove the spare tire):
attachment.php

Last edited:
my car bottom out bad when I hit bump or on bad road with eibach springs on stock oem struts. After intalled bilstein everything nice and smooth.

When I had this combo I never had any issues with good OEM shocks. After the OEM were shot is a different story. I replaced them with the koni shocks. Ride hight looks the same, but handling and ride has greatly improved over the tired old OEM. Ether the Koni or Bilstein will work excellent on the street. I would go OEM springs on the Bilstein lower perch, or eibach springs Koni combo.

As others have stated the metal sound is most likely an issue with your sway bar rubbing on the lower brace. I think someone manufactured a spacer kit for one of the lower bars to keep the sway bar from rubbing. May be a cheeper option then replacing the sway bar.

Back