• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Electrical problems...

Hi! At first, I would like to strt by introducing myself. My name is Morgan and I live in Sweden. I´m not very good at english but I´ll give it a try.. I have a -91 NSX, Comptech s.c kit, tarox bigbrake kit, wings west spoilers, Bilstein coilovers and a supersprint exhaust.

Now, the problem.. About two weeks ago I put in a dvd player and I did all of the electrical job myself. Not a very big job, but anyway. Everything worked just fine until yesterday. Suddenly, the dvd and the 7"screen stopped working. I´ve thoght it was beacuse I connected the "remote " cable with the interoir light. Then I noticed that all interior light was out, and also my right taillight! So I checked thu fuses and the one for interior was broken. I changed it but just as I start the lights it cuts off again.. So I took everything out and did a new wiring and tried again.. Same thing happened..

I really hope U can read and understand my not so good english
Hope someone can help me! thanx for a great site!!

Morgan

Your English is fine.

I'm not very technical but it sounds like you have a short circuit somewhere in the wiring that is blowing the fuse. I'm guessing it could be anywhere in the system wired to that fuse. Perhaps someone here can help tell you how to find it.

What may be happening is your new system requires more current then the fuse will allow. So the fuse blows. You should monitor the current draw on this wire.

DO NOT PUT IN A BIGGER FUSE. That is a fire hazard. You may need to runn separate wiring with a separate fuse for the System.

Regards,
LarryB

Last edited:
I changed everything today, now I´m not using any of the cables I did before. But still the fuse blows as soon as i put it in... I´ve checked all cables around the stereo device but they seem okay... Thanx you guys for trying to help me out!

Don't connect the DVD player to fuse 38. Connect the DVD player separately to an accessory terminal at the top of the under-dash fuse panel.

Whenever connecting (any) accessories it is most convenient to use the ready-made tap off points on top of the under-dash fuse panel - this has spade terminal connection directly on the top & has separate taps for constant power, accessory, ignition & 'on with the lights'. No splicing of wires required, just plug a wire with female spade connector onto the top of the appropriate male spade terminal.

(Above quote from D'Ecosse)

Last edited:
Back