• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine Oil Cap, what have you guys used? Spoon, Blitz, Greddy?

You need the old style mugen cap , for the B-series.

I went with the ARC cap since I have an ARC induction box and exhaust.

nengun-1618-02-arc-oil_cap.jpg

Hey thats just like the one I bought from GT1. It was $50 how much was yours?

Yatsuya Yamamoto sent me that oil cap and an engine torque dampener for free because my new exhaust took longer than expected to ship... all is well now and having the new exhaust put on tomorrow! :eek::biggrin:

Katsuya wrote a very nice letter along with the "care package"... :tongue:

4800 yen = ~$49 :) I was amazed they did this for me... Great people.

Last edited:
looks to be the real deal!

http://www.rf-yamamoto.com/products_nsx/p_nsx_28.html
... all is well now and having the new exhaust put on tomorrow! :eek::biggrin:
Neat site! Is the "GT-EXHAUST Ver 1" being reinstalled or installed for the first time?

I just heard the clips from their web-site, man- it sounds so different than the GT-One/Bel'Canto/etc' stuff. Seems to be more high-pitched & actual F1-like but w/o the metal-sheering/rattling sounds of the others. It's an original design, correct (ie. no counterpart or copycat-version w/ identical canister shapes/positions & pipe-routing/orientation/etc')?

How much did you pay for this exhaust in USD (or did you pay "¥248000" +freight/EMS?), and how long did it take for order/delivery/etc'?

I hope you plan to do some HQ sound/vid' clips & list your overall setup/mods', in another thread. I'm really-really intrigued by this exhaust, as-per the two vid' clips on their web-site!

Thanks, in-advance... :cool:

Last edited:
Ive got a polished silver one that says "Comptech". Just the perfect amount of bling for me:wink:

I have that one as well. It was on my car when I bought it. I laugh because I think it is the only comptech part I have on the NSX. :biggrin:

Re: looks to be the real deal!

Neat site! Is the "GT-EXHAUST Ver 1" being reinstalled or installed for the first time?

I just heard the clips from their web-site, man- it sounds so different than the GT-One/Bel'Canto/etc' stuff. Seems to be more high-pitched & actual F1-like but w/o the metal-sheering/rattling sounds of the others. It's an original design, correct (ie. no counterpart or copycat-version w/ identical canister shapes/positions & pipe-routing/orientation/etc')?

How much did you pay for this exhaust in USD (or did you pay "¥248000" +freight/EMS?), and how long did it take for order/delivery/etc'?

I hope you plan to do some HQ sound/vid' clips & list your overall setup/mods', in another thread. I'm really-really intrigued by this exhaust, as-per the two vid' clips on their web-site!

Thanks, in-advance... :cool:

sorry for the off topic guys! :redface:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106607

here u go this should answer most of your questions. Contact KANE (Ravi) - great guy and he can give u the latest price... the price fluctuates because of the value of the $ versus the yen... yes its original design and yes its badassss!!!!!

And I just got my exhaust... so im just now having it put on new...

my ARK DTS is for sale tho!

sighhh...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106607

here u go this should answer most of your questions. Contact KANE (Ravi) - great guy and he can give u the latest price... the price fluctuates because of the value of the $ versus the yen... yes its original design and yes its badassss!!!!!

And I just got my exhaust... so im just now having it put on new...
Thanks, my friend. I am seriously torn right now, I love my Taitec JGTC Parallel exhaust (I MEAN that I really-reallly love it); yet, this GT Extreme that KANE/Umbrella offer sounds as close to an F1 / sport-bike high-pitch tone as I've heard on an NSX evarrr!

I must've gotten jaded w/ all the ubiquitous offerings of the F1 superfour, ver 3, ver 4, ver 5, ver 5.1, ver 6, Bel Canto, etc' & totally mentally blocked-out this other offering (ie. GT Extreme). . .

Really need to think this out, I'm sooo tempted. Strange feeling for me, as w/ NSX-related stuff I'm never on the fence, I either do or don't.

:redface:

enkrypt3d said:
Oh... don't worry about being off-topic, it's a frickin' thread about of all things engine-oil caps... :D

Last edited:
Mine was broken (Cosmetically, It still worked tho) when i got the car so i got the GT-One cap:

152125_u9m5kd.jpg

Last edited:
You're joking right? You want to replace your oil filler cap because it's bland? It's a freaking oil filler cap! Spend the money on gas and drive the damn car! :biggrin:

+1:rolleyes:
It never seizes to amaze me how much people sometimes spend on completely useless "bling" parts in the enginebay.
My approach: clean it up as best as you can and retain the "stock" look as much as possible.
When adding tuning parts, try to blend them in as much as possible, not standing out, in such a way that all looks pristene but like it came from the factory that way. Much nicer IMHO

2cd6gx.jpg

+1:rolleyes:
It never seizes to amaze me how much people sometimes spend on completely useless "bling" parts in the enginebay.

You mean like a "supercharged" plate, CF injector covers, and an "NSX-R" sticker? ;)

You mean like a "supercharged" plate, CF injector covers, and an "NSX-R" sticker? ;)

The CF injector covers and NSX-R stickers came with the CTSC kit, so had to be used :biggrin:

The "Supercharged" plate is not a OE part replacement and was installed to make ordinary people aware there is something special with the car.
As the NSX is so rare here, usually people (with the exception of car nutters) don't know it and from how it looks, they usually don't notice anything non-factory installed :wink: :tongue:

Last edited:
Re: get the high-quality no'name oil-cap & call it a day. . .

Does anyone have any pictures of these oil caps?

s4play... just PM evof575gtc who is located in SoCal'. He has many of these machined/billet oil-caps in various finishes, along w/ the added decal of choice (GReddy, Spoon, Mugen, etc' if you even want it w/ a sticker). For ~$10 +shipping, can't go wrong w/ knowing what your getting vs. the hit-or-miss vendors on ebay. If you want a genuine Mugen one, that's quite a bit more, but he has those too. . .

As-per your other thread ('engine dress-up bling'), you might want to wait till you decide on the direction of your desired overall look in terms of your engine bay's aesthetics/appearance (ie. CF, Kevlar, anodized, chrome, polished-machined finish, powder-coated, colored wire/hose fittings, etc'). Once you've come up w/ a plan & a desired look, then coordinate the stuff accordingly (ie. coolant-reservoir cap, engine oil-cap, valve-covers, coil-covers, fuse-box cover, intake-manifold engine-cover plate, coolant-reservoir, strut-bar, air-box cover, etc'). . .

Back