• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ENTIRE NSX Plasti Dip'd

How painful will it be to peel off? I mean will it come off in one solid piece or will you have to peel off tiny pieces at a time?

x2?

Car looks good. Not a huge fan of the color... but you did a super nice job browsing through your thread!

I've seen several cars on the road with plastidip on. I'm not sure why, but everytime I see one it looks like they either: (1) half finished the paint job so it looks like they only sprayed 1.5 coats on wherein you can see underneath to the original paint; or (2) the coat was either half peeled off or suffered from wear and tear (possibly from a wash) wherein you can see underneath to the original paint.

Anyone with the finish care to explain or comment on why? Can you wash your car with the plastidip finish?

I was wondering what that color actually looked like out of the can.

Yikes!

Fr
318239_514012271970124_1758674558_n.jpg

Guys if you go to the vendor section I have a thread there " plasti dip questions and answers. Tons of info. We dip cars constantly and are doing many more dips than vinyl wrapping now. Feel free to post there if you have any questions on it. I follow the thread pretty close.

i prefer wrapping over dipping. dipping is cheaper yes, but wont last long. / gasoline makes it melt.

also looks like orange peel upclose

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen several cars on the road with plastidip on. I'm not sure why, but everytime I see one it looks like they either: (1) half finished the paint job so it looks like they only sprayed 1.5 coats on wherein you can see underneath to the original paint; or (2) the coat was either half peeled off or suffered from wear and tear (possibly from a wash) wherein you can see underneath to the original paint.

Anyone with the finish care to explain or comment on why? Can you wash your car with the plastidip finish?

you can wash it but...
its a bit tacky. you can scrub to hard or it will peel it off, or the cotton from a cloth with stick to it.
i honestly hate it. on certain parts like a grill or badges its fine, but to do it on a car is terrible.
if you check my thread on my car, i plastic dipped the mirror, but wrapped the rest. pretty noticeable difference

Dennis, hope I get to see it before you remove it. Did'nt see you at IFO this year. The wife and I will be at the Import Reactor show if your there.

Last edited:
Hi David,

i'll be at IR, i'll definitely keep it on till, figured the color fits perfect for Easter season lol. See you then!

Thanks,
Dennis

Dennis, hope I get to see it before you remove it. Did'nt see you at IFO this year. The wife and I will be at the Import Reactor show if your there.

Synth Are you on every forum I am part of...I feel like I am being watched LoL

i really like the color...

...tint + black or gunmetal wheels would really set it off.

The more I look at it, the more I love the color... reminds me of some early JDM NA1 NSX's. The body kit components I would probably do differently, but I am a converted fan of the color. Too many of our cars look the same, its nice to see from time to time a different color thats not all Hip Hopped out.

Back