• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ever had this feeling....

You ever had your mind set on selling the NSX and then when it gets close to selling it you not sure if you want to let it go or not? Even if they give you your asking price you ask for? :frown:

Went through this exact scenario about a couple of years ago. Had my car for sale, had an offer, and at the end, couldn't go through with it. Now I might have to sell/trade it in if and when the new one comes out.

yeah.. thought I could sell my toy.. guy came and looked and made a offer that was very reasonable... but when it came to it I just couldn't go through with it.. in my heart I knew I was to attached to it at that time

I've had some version of that feeling with most every car I've owned, with the NSX being the exception. I've only considered selling it only to go take it for a drive and realize I was an idiot. Decided to supercharge it instead. Life is short and there's tons of cars to drive/own. There's also things more important in life than cars, so do what you must...But in my opinion, after having owned and driven MANY different cars, the NSX is definitely unique and I'll likely be keeping mine for awhile :)

My experience was on the other end when I was buying mine. I went to the other side of the country to look at my baby. Spent a whole day with the owner driving it around. However, when I said I want it and wanted to pay a deposit, he wouldn't take it. So I flew back thinking he won't be selling. Lucky for me, I had a SMS awaiting me upon touch down saying it couldn't have gone to a better guy. There is a longer story to it but that's for another time. I will never give someone any opportunity of getting their hands on mine. I regularly get asked on the street would I sell mine, especially after they find out it's a manual and local delivery. Last time someone asked, I said it's going to get buried with me.......and I know it won't rust......hehe.

As a serious buyer there is nothing worse than a seller wasting your time so please don't put your car for sale if you are not 110% ready to sell it. I have been on the wrong side of deals like this twice in the past and would never put someone in such a situation and never have. When I have put one of my cars for sale I have followed through like a grown up and sold it.

You ever had your mind set on selling the NSX and then when it gets close to selling it you not sure if you want to let it go or not? Even if they give you your asking price you ask for? :frown:

Man, you guys are some serious heart breakers! :tongue: Imagine finding the NSX you want and then the seller backing out.... :eek:

But I feel you guys, I get tempted sometimes....cause I'm constantly itching for something else. But reality sets in and I recall the first time I sold my NSX. If I ever part with my NSX, I will have another one in the garage first. I learned my lesson.

Just remember, if you sell you will eventually come back and another one of God's chariots will get a chance to be loved by you. Look at the countless threads of folks that have gone full circle.

For me, I love my 05 Jeep Rubicon and hope to one day get my dream NSX that I'll always plan to keep. I have other wants as well, but there is just something special with my Jeep and I get the same feeling with any NSX I have been around. It will be 2050 and I'll still have some super old vehicles that make me happy.

Everyone has a number :) I love mine but I'd sell it if the price was right. Mods and all perhaps even some of those are borderline irreplaceable! If its not worth selling it after you weigh the options then you keep it. Both buyers and sellers back out of deals all the time, there's no deal until there is a meeting of the minds. Even at list price, people can bid up the price until someone backs down. Happens in real estate all the time.

It's just a car. Yes, they are rare, fun and were modern marvels of their time. When I am ready to move on to something new I won't be in a state of despair to sell.

..are you attempting to make potential buyers feel sorry for you so they pay more.....

I felt like this when I was selling my first one, I sold it to the nicest guy in the world and I lasted an entire year before I had to buy another one :).

I have this feeling constantly. Intellectually I know the NSX is the most fantastic high-end car I'll ever be able to own, and when I'm driving it I LOVE it and ask myself why I would ever let it go. Yet when I'm away from it I find my thoughts drifting to my (gone) 911 and yearning for another one, and I can't have both. I've never been so conflicted and indecisive in my life. Frankly the only thing I don't care for about the NSX is the flashiness - not really my style. I prefer to fly a little farther below the radar.

I sold mine. Now I have another. Won't do that again although I would like the new one. Fortunately it's out of my price range...

Yup, happened last summer. Had a local cash offer of my asking price. I lost a bit of sleep then realized that I would have an impossible time replacing it with anything in the same price range so I kept it.

I bought mine last April. The owner drove 6 hours to meet me in Atlanta which is 4 hours for me to complete the sale. His wife would not get out of the truck at first. I knew something was wrong but did not understand. They had me take pictures of them with the car before I could leave and there were some tears involved. After having the car for a year I understand. Not sure if my wife feels the same. She feels like she has been replaced.

Back