• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exhaust options

There are a few folks who have

The issue here is that folks join, then their energy level regarding participating dissipates (likely due to a bunch of negativity toward the car for xyz reasons) and at some point they use their time elsewhere

I am sure that if you do a search you will find some

YouTube also has some videos of aftermarket work done on Gen 2 cars

From what Ive done and gathered:

The rear section of the exhaust wont provide the sound or power gains you will want- in sport + and track modes its basically a thru and thru system. Your gains will be via the high flow cat downpipes. The OEM set up is 600 cell which kills the sound of the V6. There are alot of brands out here that are good and offer options of 200 cell, 100 cell, and catless. The sound will change exponentially with a 200 cell or lower. I personally went with Fi's 100 cell system because when I was in the market there were none readily available. Im very happy with the sound/performance and still have the oem rear section.

Some options:

Fabspeed
Science of Speed
Fi
Quicksilver

Youtube has a lot of videos from each and pricing is similar across the range. I do have this video after the Fi's were installed but its just revs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoSwEFm-CfI

dp_closeup_514da45a339b2170c179ec8190b456686f6ff7b8.jpg

Last edited:
This topic has been covered many times. If you're after sound improvement, then just do downpipes.

Hi Thermal,

Check out our Sport Cat Downpipes and Maxflo Exhaust, which gives you a dramatic improvement in exhaust tone (w/no drone) along with freeing up additional power/tq with no Check Engine Lights.

Race_Competiton_Package_-_Black_updated__78161.1508869887.1280.1280.jpg

NSX_Dyno-_005__06760.1508248055.1280.1280.jpg

Comparison between OEM and our Sport Cats/Maxflo Exhaust:

Check out our full NSX product line: https://www.fabspeed.com/acura-nsx/

Feel free to give me a shout for forum pricing or for more info!

The rear section of the exhaust wont provide the sound or power gains you will want- in sport + and track modes its basically a thru and thru system. Your gains will be via the high flow cat downpipes. The OEM set up is 600 cell which kills the sound of the V6. There are alot of brands out here that are good and offer options of 200 cell, 100 cell, and catless. The sound will change exponentially with a 200 cell or lower. I personally went with Fi's 100 cell system because when I was in the market there were none readily available. Im very happy with the sound/performance and still have the oem rear section.

Some options:

Fabspeed
Science of Speed
Fi
Quicksilver

Youtube has a lot of videos from each and pricing is similar across the range. I do have this video after the Fi's were installed but its just revs:

I was thinking of putting the fi 100 cell down pipes on my nsx type s. Just wanted to make sure you didn’t get an error code yet overtime .

whatever you do make sure all heat shields remain in place..

It's been awhile, for those who went with a specific brand, are you guys happy with your choice? Did you go titanium or stainless steel. I'm sure one sounds more aggressive than the other.

not sure if still available but I went with the graham rahal racing exhaust and downpipes but its think they all improve the sound over OEM

Some options:

Fabspeed
Science of Speed
Fi
Quicksilver

Did you get a check engine light with the 100 cell ?

I know the nsx type s with 300 cell Downpipes are Not giving a check engine light has anyone tried the 200 cell ? Or 100 cell ? Downpipes . And has it throwing a check engine light ?

I have SOS Downpipes and the stock exhaust. Never a problem. As was noted, make sure the OEM heat shields are used. I understand some manufactures have wrapped the downpipes rather then adapt so the OEM heat shields can be used. Not sure that is a good idea.

Please note that while the sound is dramatically improved with downpipes, you do lose back pressure which can impact torque. There is one fellow who regularly takes his car to the drag strip and runs around 10.6 sec for the quarter. His car has the JB4, and regular stock exhaust. He might also have the Meth injection as well.

I have considered taking off the OEM exhaust at around 38+ pounds and replacing it with a titanium exhaust at around 8 pounds. Then replace the OEM battery with a 7 pound Lithium battery. Now you are saving around 60 pounds in a balanced way. The cost of which was only around $2000. That is a deal.

The only titanium exhaust anywhere near $2000 (it's actually $2500) is the Boostlogic which is basically 2 straight pipes. A well thought out titanium exhaust (like the Armytrix or Fi Titanium) is 2X and 3X that amount.

Back