• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

F355 owners?

I have checked as much as one can when purchasing a car, had a close friend of mine who is a mechanic go there and put the car in the air to check it out etc.

I am aware of the issues and can fix them (nothing serious, typical 355 issues) I really doubt I will turbo it as I do not want to mess with the 355 sound!

My plans are to drive the car for a bit on the few days of good weather we have left, then over the winter I will drop the motor and do a full service and probably fabspeed headers and a few detail items (read I will make the engine bay look like my other cars...)

This car has a super clean interior (a notoriously bad point for spiders), the body is nice and the frame checks out straight - I really couldn't ask for more - it would be a different story if I had to pay for service...

Now I just need a 1400HP Viper...

very cool. congrats on the F-car.

not a fan of the Viper though... looks cool but i didn't enjoy driving it. it could have a million hp for all i care.

Damn I might need an excuse to bring my car back up for a visit :biggrin:

355 is a great car, yes more expensive to service than a 360. Mint spyders are changing hands in the 50's, and 360's are anywhere from 60-100+, depending on whether early or late production, spyder, F1, records etc. I prefer the look of the 360 to the 430, the 355 is different and I love it, and the sound is fantastic. A good friend of mine just bought a 95 355 spyder from another friend, had it delivered today, just on time for a beautiful weekend out here!!!

I got word today that the truck will pick up the car on saturday - it'll be here tuesday...

Not sure if I mentioned but I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Congratulations angus...I can't wait for you to post pics of your new 355 b/c it really is sharing the experience vicariously.

You'll be on a high when the transport actually arrives. :)

Congrats Angus!

When I picked up my M5 last fall there was a F360 spider at the dealership so I took it for a quick rip and fell in love. Now future plans include an Fcar :). Already started the wifey brainwashing program :cool:

Posted from my iPhone

I got word today that the truck will pick up the car on saturday - it'll be here tuesday...

Not sure if I mentioned but I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Awesome! Does your car have the red seats and carpets? It looked that way from the one picture I saw. Those red interiors look AMAZING, and really set off the exotic appeal of the car.

Awesome! Does your car have the red seats and carpets? It looked that way from the one picture I saw. Those red interiors look AMAZING, and really set off the exotic appeal of the car.

It's actually the more rare black/red - the seats are red, the dash and doors are red/blk and the carpet is black.

I had a 1999 (last year) F355 sypder F1 and my old 95 NSX all motor build.

I drove the NSX 9 times out of 10 instead of the F355.

The F355 looks and sounds nice but is a giant pile of garbage. I'll add more to this later.

Haha - yeah, it is certainly not the car for those who either cannot or do not want to fix the car themselves - it is actually a very simple car - I fixed a handful of things on the "bad" list (part of the reason he sold it) already, I've only had the car 12hrs...

Today was very exciting!

Last edited:
Wil you need to give us more than that video!!!

:wink:

Yeah - how bout a video of me rebuilding the alternator after it blew on the first day...

The REAL funny part:

- The voltage reg. is the same part off an '89 carbureted Accord

- The rectifier is for a '87 Legend...

Gotta love nippon denso...

haha...Wil I wonder if you'll be posting more of those "repair" video's as your ownership continues...LOL :wink::biggrin:

Nah seriously some pictures would be great! I'll be in Vancouver in February so I'll definately come by to say hello and get a sneak peak at the car.

DSC_0529.jpg

Last edited:
A pic after the wheels and a few things

DSC_0534.jpg

Beautiful car. I just saw one this afternoon at quicktrip while driving my NSX, Guy told me very similar story, that the previous owner sold it due to maintenance need. Guy was a previous NSX owner, and told me to cherish my car cause its a wonderful car.

Wil did you get the stock wheels also. I like the factory look of the 355 berlinetta.

I did get the factory wheels, and while I like it too - I still need to have something different...

Back