• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

F355 vs. BBSC NSX

Well, as some of you may know I was able to make a lifetime dream become a reality two months ago when I purchased a 99 F355 F1. So far it is everything and more than I expected and as much as I hate to say this I haven't driven the NSX since the Ferrari was delivered. I was (I hate to admit this) even thinking that selling the NSX might be the right thing to do, well that all changed today.

My good friend Scott Mckay was gracious enough to follow me and give me a ride to the shop where I am having some aftermarket parts installed on the F-car. The route we take from Clearewater to Tampa is over a long bridge which gave us a number of opportunities to do roll-ons. So, for all of you that have a BBSC you will walk a F355 quite easily.

I just thought you BBSC owners would like to know. I can tell you tonight the cover is coming off my BBSC NSX and we are going for a ride. Do you think she will forgive me?

Regards,
Greg

Queen

I can tell you tonight the cover is coming off my BBSC NSX and we are going for a ride. Do you think she will forgive me?

She'll forgive you, because of the two cars she knows which car is the queen of your garage. :D

very interesting feedback. i'm also in the market for a 99 f355 gts. hmmm...

Nimbus said:
but sometimes being the faster car in a straight line doesn't mean everything. ask me how i know too.

very true and it's not the main reason i'd get the f355...it's the heritage thing.

How do you like the interior on the F355? I was checking out a 98 6-spd 355 Spyder over the weekend, and was not too impressed with the interior. The previous owner didn't really take care of it either as it had scratches on the exterior and interior.

Thanks.

Shuey2k said:
Well, as some of you may know I was able to make a lifetime dream become a reality two months ago when I purchased a 99 F355 F1. So far it is everything and more than I expected and as much as I hate to say this I haven't driven the NSX since the Ferrari was delivered. I was (I hate to admit this) even thinking that selling the NSX might be the right thing to do, well that all changed today.

My good friend Scott Mckay was gracious enough to follow me and give me a ride to the shop where I am having some aftermarket parts installed on the F-car. The route we take from Clearewater to Tampa is over a long bridge which gave us a number of opportunities to do roll-ons. So, for all of you that have a BBSC you will walk a F355 quite easily.

I just thought you BBSC owners would like to know. I can tell you tonight the cover is coming off my BBSC NSX and we are going for a ride. Do you think she will forgive me?

Regards,
Greg

greg, your my new hero.. NSX and ferrari?

anyways, how are the two car differ when it come to twisties.

Heck, a supercharged NSX will walk a 355, and beat the 360, 996TT, ZO6 to the punch. A lighten stock NSX (non-modified,) will stay with the 355 all day long (I know). In the end, it would come down to the drivers. The two cars are equal in many respect.

Greg,

Never worry. You're never the fastest. That 355 is a very sexy car and the HRE's make it look awesome.

And, you know my philosophy--if you can't be fast, at least be loud ;-P

When we get back with Julie's car, we're going to do some roll-ons with the Dodge......I'll let you know how it turns out.:p

Glad to hear you're keeping the NSX..........I can't imagine getting rid of mine.

Best regards,
Ben

c'mon, guys. we're supposed to be courteous here....don't let people just hang there by themselves..

here goes.....

to nimbus and anytime: "HOW DO YOU KNOW?"

there....:D

Does it really take an SC to walk a 355? I always thought the stock 3.2L was really close to 355 performance. Are these SC NSXs we're talking about 3.0L examples?

i also feel that way...i think by the dali weight loss program, the nsx should be in par with the F355.

wasn't there a post of the bestmotoring video of nsx type-s versus F355? that was a close match.

since the motors are the same, it's just the weight for a straight run.

yes, that's right. i believe those stock nsxs are capable of high 12s for the 1/4 mile.

O-Ace said:
I thought the 355 was a V8 :confused:

sorry for the confusion, what i meant was the japanese nsx and US nsx have the same motor so if the nsx type-s can beat the f355 in the 1/4 mile, theoretically, our nsxs could lose some weight and perform similarly.

A bone stock 97+ NSX will hang with a 355. The 91-96 will not keep up. However, with a couple of mods H/E, I would think it would be very close in the older cars.

The 360 will toast a 2002 NSX. Ask me how I know .... acutally, i don't but everyone else was saying that... :)

Blue Knight said:
c'mon, guys. we're supposed to be courteous here....don't let people just hang there by themselves..

here goes.....

to nimbus and anytime: "HOW DO YOU KNOW?"

there....:D

A new 355(paper plates) and a sedately driving 2000 CTSC NSX-T crossed paths. The 355 decided that the NSX needed to be screwed with, and started gunning it next to the NSX(with a 230 lb. passenger in tow) and finally started racing himself, pulling away from the NSX. The NSX's passenger/father yelled, "get'em", and proceeded to catch and pass the 355. The two cars came to a stoplight and the gentleman in the 355 would not make eye contact witht the NSX passenger for some reason. Oh well, the NSX cruised home with 2 ear to ear grinning, unknown occupants.

As far as handling goes, the C&D 97 comparo had the 355 ahead of the NSX-T while the MT 99(?) handling comparison had the Zanardi ahead of the 355.

I'd say it's a wash.

Nimbus said:
A standard 6psi CTSC will walk a F355 easily as well. Ask me how I know...

I know how he knows and believe me, HE knows, HE KNOWS. Make no doubt about it!

Back