• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

F430 vs Gallardo vs Supercharged NSX

I recently had the good fortune to conduct my own comparison of an F430, a Lamborghini Gallardo, and my SoS supercharged 2001 NSX. The event occurred at NAPA Speedway in Albuquerque, NM. The Ferrari and the Lambo were provided by "The Xtreme Xperience"; a company that tours around the country giving people the chance to drive exotic cars on a racetrack (for a price, I might add).

The F430 and the Gallardo were in factory trim, while my NSX has the SoS supercharger (418 RWHP) and a KW V3 suspension. NAPA Speedway is a very technical road course with a couple of straights and plenty of tight turns. There are also some elevation changes, too. I have driven this course many times over the years.

My driving skills fall somewhere between novice and Fernando Alonso. I have had competitive driving lessons in the past, so I guess I can say I can drive reasonably well.

Now for my impressions: The F430 and the Gallardo have superior brakes. Otherwise, the cars were comparable as far as handling and acceleration. Naturally, the NSX seems a little dated compared to these more modern cars, but for 1/4 the price who cares? I felt more in touch with the track in my NSX than in the other two cars. I came away with a new appreciation for the people who designed and built the NSX. Bravo, Honda! Lastly, there's no denying that both the F430 and the Gallardo have sweet exhaust sounds.

Philippe

Last edited:
I have to agree with Philippe on this topic. The NSX is an awesome machine. I wonder what the next one will prove.

I drove each of these cars (Lambo, F430) in auto mode and I have to say, the acceleration of the Lambo is not exceedingly above the NSX (supercharged). The response of the throttle is awful. It felt like my automatic toyota.
The F430 was more responsive, accelerated better, and handled better. Also, it was way more comfortable to drive. My feeling is that the F430 was the nicer of the two "supercars"

Would I own either one? Sure... But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the NSX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....yeah
=DREW=

Last edited:
Why do you guys temp me to empty out my savings...I won't do it...I won't do it....

At 418rwhp, I would think the NSX would be a lot faster than the Gallardo/F430. My SOS SC isn't tuned that powerful right now but I can only imagine it gets better.

Gosh all this talk of Superchargers makes me want one too :(

This is the only area it lacks/speed as BATMANS stated. Sc is a safe and very gratifying mod. It completes whats nearly a perfect super car.

The SC is the difference between an excellent auto and a great one. Well worth the price and the perfect addition.

Well, I do't have the SOS, but I recently added the Autorotor CTSC and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT !!! :) :)

However, I must admit, that after four track days now and a little over 3000 miles, it already feels normal again. I mean, however fast it might be, the NSX doesn't FEEL like fast when you press the accelerator. The NSX accelerates so smoothly and linear that, for me as the driver at least, it doesn't really feel like you are going fast.
For (new) passengers at least, the story is very different though. And the rev-limiter comes up so quickly now that I had the Smart-Shift installed and that light really helps.

That is why the SOS SC being a 2.1 sized blower is the very least that you should have to really feel that difference all of the time.

I honestly think that the 2.3 sized blower is the best size. Many cars like the ZR-1 run a 2.3 and have room to grow on power.

Unless u hit right around the 430rwhp~ (500HP~ at the crank) or greater ur not going to get that V8 tire spin from a roll (on average street tires) effect.

430whp means doing an engine build however, am I correct? I've read on Prime that 400 or maybe 410ish is when you have to do that?

Also what PSI on SOS SC are you getting 400+whp at?

That is why the SOS SC being a 2.1 sized blower is the very least that you should have to really feel that difference all of the time.

I honestly think that the 2.3 sized blower is the best size. Many cars like the ZR-1 run a 2.3 and have room to grow on power.

Unless u hit right around the 430rwhp~ (500HP~ at the crank) or greater ur not going to get that V8 tire spin from a roll (on average street tires) effect.

430whp means doing an engine build however, am I correct? I've read on Prime that 400 or maybe 410ish is when you have to do that?

Also what PSI on SOS SC are you getting 400+whp at?

at over 400rwhp that is when you need to consider an engine build for pump gas.

13psi is yielding 450rwhp and just a little over 300rwtq on 91 octane.... no meth injection.

On a built engine.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL Batman, I need a ride in your NSX if it's up and running :)

My s2000 can spin the tires pretty easily but not my NSX for sure!

Right not my rear tires don't spin since I'm running 285/35r18 wide http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+R-S3

Back