• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factor X Racing Wins at the Long Beach Grand Prix

Well we just got back from the Super Lap Battle at the Long Beach Grand Prix and we are happy to say that we took 1st place overall in the event! This was probably the largest venue we participated in and needless to say the history of the event had us very excited.

Upon arrival we were able to walk the track to see what we were getting into. Luckily, while we were on the track Billy ran into his friend Graham Rahal who was gracious enough to give us some insight on the track. On our first run out we ran into some electrical issues causing us to run at about 50 percent resulting in us running around 6th place. Unfortunately, we only had one practice session a day so we had to make our changes and hope for the best on the second day. On our second practice session we were able to rip off the second fastest lap time only .07 of a second behind the C-West 2,200lb carbon fiber turbo S2000. This was very encouraging as we were still not running at 100 percent.

The third and final day of competition was insane and the most treacherous. Everything, from one car spilling oil through turns 4-8, a diffuser sitting on the course, air filter flying through the air, one engine grenading in Hollywood fashion down the back straight, and our car nuking its transmission causing a huge fire in the run off area. When it was all said and done Billy was able to rip off a 1:30.170, almost a full second faster than the rest of the field! A field that included the C-west carbon S2000, AMS, and Crawford.

Needless to say we were very happy with the win, and even more happy knowing that we left so much on the table as we still were only running off the wastegate, still not achieving 100% power on that run, and the line was trashed. Even without our full power output and running on the full tread MHA048s, Billy was able to hit 5th gear at 7,300rpms on a 4.06 trans and tall tires on the front straight! (Someone do the math:wink: )

Looking at our schedule at the beginning of the year this was the one race we wanted above all others, we are exhilarated and exhausted! As always thanks to Billy Johnson, his driving skill really shined on this course. Also, we would like to thank our no quit crew Bruce, Panda, Scrounge, Dead Guy, and Penis.

Big thanks to Greg and the team at Yokohama tires for providing us support throughout the race! We would also like to thank our sponsors; Exedy, NEO, RC, TialSport, Virtual Works Racing, Brembo, Cricket Wireless, FIX Restaurant at Bellagio, STACK at the Mirage, Back in Balance Chiropractic, and Roaring Lion Energy drink. Without your continued support our success would not be possible.

Pics and videos to come once the hangover wears off.

Congratulations again guys, here is a little something my brother made for you guys.

FactorXRacingcopy.jpg

Good job guys, keep up the good work.

:biggrin:
Congrats to you guys again!!
It was awesome seeing you guys fly by at turn 1, and then got to hear Billy get on it on the long straightaway! The NSX sounded different every time it passed! It was amazing!! I got some pictures and videos, I'll post them up right away when I get through my 3000 pictures! And i'll email you the high res.

I was looking for you guys on Sunday, to see the car up close in person, because I couldn't find the Formula D/time attack cars on Sat.. they told me you guys left :( Too bad I couldn't see the car in person... hope there's a next time!!

:biggrin:
Congrats to you guys again!!
It was awesome seeing you guys fly by at turn 1, and then got to hear Billy get on it on the long straightaway! The NSX sounded different every time it passed! It was amazing!! I got some pictures and videos, I'll post them up right away when I get through my 3000 pictures! And i'll email you the high res.

I was looking for you guys on Sunday, to see the car up close in person, because I couldn't find the Formula D/time attack cars on Sat.. they told me you guys left :( Too bad I couldn't see the car in person... hope there's a next time!!

Thanks we appreciate your support!

nice job:cool:

that 5zigen accord and hasport integra were pretty quick for ff:eek:

Yes they are quite amazing for a front wheel drive car and even more amazing is Hasport did a motor swap in the pits overnight:eek:

I love that! A 17 year-old car giving it to the new rides. Just like PD!

Best of luck in the future.

The NSX is still a fantastic platform to build on.
With some modifications the car can be very potent.

There are a few of us track Junkies that understand this.

Next time we are out at the track you should come buy and will give you a ride.
Maybe we can get you hooked as well?

Congratulation on your win...!

Later,
Don

Congratulations on the win guys!

hey Mikey,
if you are around can you give me a call? been trying to reach you for a while.
really need to know what the status is on my car and if you're still good on the promised date.
i have several commitments that i have to uphold and cannot afford to waste another plane ticket. PLEASE CALL! i promise i'll only take 2 minutes of your time.

thanks
james

Last edited:
Bla, Bla, Bla....Billy and FactorX Wins Again, and Again, and Again...
What else is new...(Just kidding guys)
A VERY BIG Congratulations...
You guys do us all proud and keep me inspired !
Keep up the great work !

I know I am late with the congrats, but I just noticed the time sheets. Why is the NSX classed as an FR? :confused:

Back