• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factor X Wins Overall - beating AMS, Crawford & JIC. NSXs dominate all classes

Re: Factor X Wins Overall - beating AMS, Crawford & JIC. NSXs dominate all classes

Well,

Here are my .02. Factor X had the Fastest car on that day and no one can down play or take that away from them as this was FACT. Billy had his hands full sliding around some of the turns and breaking the wheels loose in third gear on the straits from all that HP so given that he was fast and drove great.

Here are a couple of facts about my car (the white nsx).

My car was built as a track car for me by Shad Huntley owner of driving ambition the car was as follows:

440 rear wheel HP with 5 lbs of boost tuned for Laguna and there sound requirements

Hoosier R tires 225s in front and 275 in rear with 4 track days on them as we borrowed them Saturday night

My car has no understeer and no oversteer the car is totally neutral that is one reason the car did as well as it did, and in my opinion nobody on the planet earth can drive a NSX like our driver KIp and that must be why we were so close as spec wise were the underdogs JMHO. This was also the cars 1st time competing in anything and the 1st time it was driven by anyone but me.

So Mike and Billy you guys were great and fun to be around and everyone must remember this is all for fun and know everyone had a blast. I will try to make it to the next one if the funds are there or maybe you can give me one of your sponsors like the Ti--y club:rolleyes:

Anyway great job to everyone and I am glad I could be apart of the event

Steve

Re: Factor X Wins Overall - beating AMS, Crawford & JIC. NSXs dominate all classes

Found it! An S15 Silvia right? How is this different than the latest model 240 SX?

^^LOL.. you got a lot of reading to do if you want to know everything about an S15.... ;) to start off, S15's never made it into '240SX' suits...and of course there's the latest SR20, transmission, etc, etc, etc ...

it's a cheap fast a$$ car overseas.

To me this is what really stood out, a 1:38.575 in a Datsun 510?
Have been in a few "set up" 5.10's , great handling cars, but Damn!
That still blows me away...............Am I the only one who noticed?

http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/

Well, I was on the track with the 510 in question. First of all it is driven incredably well, but the turbocharged 450+/- HP BUILT ROTARY MOTER PROPELLS IT VERY WELL. Billy and the car are a great combination. Ok, He makes anything he drives look fast! My $0.02. Kip Olson

Oh.... didn't know about the Rotary.....

As for Billy, I knew something was up when we were sliding in his NSX Fri. and in the same turn he said, "This is over steer", then in a flash "Quick hands" "This is under steer" Then exiting out straight as an arrow.
Its just now, 2 days later that I am fully realizing what happened.......
It seemed so smooth, like no big deal. But after a couple days to think about it, it was a very big deal............

That was a 1st for me............
Sure, I have fish tailed a bit from one side to the next and corrected,
but never in a long winded drift like that
swapping directions in the middle of the turn.......
It probably has a name, but I have no idea what to call it..................
I guess that's the difference between a pro and a mere mortal like my self.

So what's up with the supra? a full 10sec behind i think? Driver or mechanical problems? Looks well set up.

congrats for the NSXs!

Yeah, Billy is one hell of a driver and great guy. He is a massive asset to our community.

Personally, Im very glad that he has hooked up with Factor X. Win win for everyone.

Me wants a turbo that'll pass smog!

We would also like to thank Jon Kuroyama, Tod Kaneko, Derrick Ige, Jeff (Dead Guy), Rob Morrison and Titanium Dave for all the help, development, and advice while building and setting up this car. Thanks also to the never say die pit crew of Bruce Sato, Jay Pitman, and Adrian Ramos. Last and certainly not least, thanks to our friend (and finnaly legal to play in Vegas), the best damn cockpit spacer in the industry Billy Johnson for showing us that TEN months of hard work would materialize into something positive. Hopefully this is just the beginning…

You forgot to add my name to the list. It the profits from all my turbo work that allowed you to buy all that beer and Cane's chicken fingers, the "real" heroes of the day. Without the sweet nectar of sustenance and poultry nuggets of life you all wouldn’t have had all those Buddah belly’s that you could have rubbed for all that good luck. :tongue:

You forgot to add my name to the list. It the profits from all my turbo work that allowed you to buy all that beer and Cane's chicken fingers, the "real" heroes of the day. Without the sweet nectar of sustenance and poultry nuggets of life you all wouldn’t have had all those Buddah belly’s that you could have rubbed for all that good luck. :tongue:

Amen B!

Congratulations Factor X :biggrin: What a beast that car is!!

Can i ask what bodykit and wing is on the car, as i've never seen it before?

One of the better pics from the weekend:
FX750LagunaSeca.jpg

soloracer951,

It is a continuation similar to the s13->s14. Updated cosmetics, different turbo with slightly higher output, etc. The transmission is also a 6spd, but is known as fairly weak compared to Nissan's bullet proof 5spds. Cosmetically, you can turn an s14 in to an s15 for a few grand if sell your s14 parts.

what front bumper/fenders/sides/qtr's are on that car?

im glad to see the nsx's whooping up on the field

Last edited:

Hey that's my cousin who owns the Black MVP Supra, anyone know how he did?

sIMG_6765.jpg

20. Matt Andrews Fair Enough Comp. Supra 1:42.187 S-RWD

is that him ?

Yeah I believe Matt is his driver. Curtis is the guy in Green

Yeah thats Curtis asking Matt if he wants mustard and relish on his hot dog. Just kidding Curtis:biggrin:

what front bumper/fenders/sides/qtr's are on that car?

im glad to see the nsx's whooping up on the field

Custom two off set-up. We are in the process of making a new widebody that is a bit more subtle that we will proof in the Modified class and then sell to the public.

And a very quick photoshop merge...
fx1.jpg

-chris

Before I read the message I was thinking, How many cars did they have...good photoshop

Hello Igor, Shad and or Steve It was nice seeing you guys, It sounded like you guys had a busy weekend, but it worked out great. I was wondering what the p.s.i. on Igors tires. I,m possibly heading to the track soon and I noticed that his tires were the same as mine the Pot. RE 010 R. On my last track day I had them at 30 cold and they were noisy.

Thanks

Alex and Annette

Red 92

Hi Alex,

I had my front tires set at 30 cold and rears at 32. They should be at 35-36 hot for the front and 37-38 hot for the rear. They are very noisy in the beginning which is pretty distracting, but if you overcome this distruction they are gripping very well. Keep your eye on the temperature when the tires are hot. Make sure it does not go over 36 and 38. Good Luck at the truck.

Igor

Hello Igor, Shad and or Steve It was nice seeing you guys, It sounded like you guys had a busy weekend, but it worked out great. I was wondering what the p.s.i. on Igors tires. I,m possibly heading to the track soon and I noticed that his tires were the same as mine the Pot. RE 010 R. On my last track day I had them at 30 cold and they were noisy.

Thanks

Alex and Annette

Red 92

Back