• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fake TE37 that looks good

The 9.5 +22 would go very well with the 8.0 +35 actually as far as stance. I am on 9.5 +25 right now and I still have a little bit of room to go with tanabe 1.3 inch drop. I am def interested tho Angus.

The 9.5 +22 would go very well with the 8.0 +35 actually as far as stance. I am on 9.5 +25 right now and I still have a little bit of room to go with tanabe 1.3 inch drop. I am def interested tho Angus.

As long as I can find soneone else who wants to run that offset too AND they are in stock , then OK . That is a VERY extreme fitment though - actually more extreme than my 10.5 +29 since your tire will not be stretched and on cars not as low you may have the rim sticking out.

The problem then would be compounded by running a 18x8 +35 in front on a aggressively lowered car , you WILL rub - I know that people have said they run this without rubbing but I tore the fender lip on my car with a 215/35/18 and an 18x8 +36 - THIS is why I will offer to machine them to +40 , it still looks pretty flush but will not rub.

SO...

I will most likely offer the sizes I mentioned since it runs as close to flush as possible without running into problems.

Please understand that I need to make this easy to accomplish since only so many people are going to want these and the availability is sketchy.

You are right. I've ran 8.5 +39 with 215 so it was a bit stretched and it still rubbed like hell of course. I trust your judgement. I wish there was a 10 or 10.5 that we could fit tho lol. Let us know what you can do angus :) I am ready to get some rep TEs lol.

Again, if you want performance and/or care about unsprung weight, forget 18 front and 19 rear.

other than that, blvd pimping, going to car shows or meets, who cares?

For God's sake its an NSX not a Tiburon. You should care.

If your going to go cheap get Enkeis. A decent rim not a lead clone of a classic.

Last edited:
For God's sake its an NSX not a Tiburon. You should care.

If your going to go cheap get Enkeis. A decent rim not a lead clone of a classic.

You really don't know me and I'm not expecting you to, as I mentioned I already have 2 sets of real thing that performs well on street and track (not including numerous forged stock rims sets). if you already have 6 Te37 and you are trying to justified the cost of a pair of boat anchor (guys, i don't care how light your 19 wheels are, tires are heavy too.)

the only time I will ever put 18/19 on my car is i decided to take some pics with it and/or going to car show..(and decided I'm not going to drive fast on my way there.) Unlike most posers up here, i really don't see the difference of driving a nsx or Tiburon when you putting around town at speed limit.

Last edited:
^^ I saw that!! - I'l let you guy's know soon - so far I only have a few pm's from "serious people"

I got more news today , the wheels will be in by the end of may . One more issue is that the color is not the same between 18" and 19" , they are both matte black , but does not match.

So they will all need to be painted , I am going to offer them in silver.

I can also do custom colors if needed.

I will post a group buy soon, as the date is coming closer!

Thanks guys!

I got more news today , the wheels will be in by the end of may . One more issue is that the color is not the same between 18" and 19" , they are both matte black , but does not match.

So they will all need to be painted , I am going to offer them in silver.

I can also do custom colors if needed.

I will post a group buy soon, as the date is coming closer!

Thanks guys!

Gunmetal... or I vote a medium to darker tone silver, not bright or refular silver :) This is sounding like it going to be expensive. Damn our staggered setups! lol. Keep us posted Angus

I will do any color you like , total cost will probably be in the range of 12-1500 - basically just the cost of the wheels plus painting and machining - still less than half the price of Volk.

I have updated the group buy as I was informed today that there will be ZERO sets available with 19x9.5 rears , the only option will be 19x10.5 rears which come in +22 offset , this will have to be machined to a +29 , unless you want to try extreme tire stretch/camber etc.

I am currently running 19x10.5 +29 with a 275/30 tire and still have some extra clearance.

Pricing has been edited accordingly.

Wow, that changes the game a bit. I like the aggressive stance, but man, 10.5 is a bit more than I need. You just can't win with the NSX's wheel availability and now we are talking about $1500 shipped or so for reps. Hmmm... I need time to consider this Angus. I was just getting used to the idea of 19x9.5 +35 and 18x8 +35.

Wow, that changes the game a bit. I like the aggressive stance, but man, 10.5 is a bit more than I need. You just can't win with the NSX's wheel availability and now we are talking about $1500 shipped or so for reps. Hmmm... I need time to consider this Angus. I was just getting used to the idea of 19x9.5 +35 and 18x8 +35.

If you like you can check out the pics of my car , this setup will look identical - except around $3000 cheaper...

Here: (post 1 and 18)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134963

^^^^ are you fenders rolled at all?

Completely stock , a lot of people under estimate the rear offset on the NSX - there are many people running low offset rears.

My camber is not cranked, there is still clearance and I have a BBK which makes my wheels stick out extra 5mm so 29 offset wheels on a car with stock brakes will clear by 5mm more than mine.

Last edited:
We are talking about the rear 10.5 +29 sticking out essentially 19mm further than the 9.5 +35. That is extreme and I am running 9.5 +25 now with like 2-3 mm left before i poke pass fender line. Which means the extra 9mm will def push the wheel pass my fender line. I just don't think I can handle that kind of aggressive offset with my current suspension setup. If I had coilovers, I could lower the rear more like Angus and thus tuck the wheels in some more. I can't believe the inventory is already low on these wheels... 9.5 +22 sounds a bit less extreme compared to 10.5 +29 too.

We are talking about the rear 10.5 +29 sticking out essentially 19mm further than the 9.5 +35. That is extreme and I am running 9.5 +25 now with like 2-3 mm left before i poke pass fender line. Which means the extra 9mm will def push the wheel pass my fender line. I just don't think I can handle that kind of aggressive offset with my current suspension setup. If I had coilovers, I could lower the rear more like Angus and thus tuck the wheels in some more. I can't believe the inventory is already low on these wheels... 9.5 +22 sounds a bit less extreme compared to 10.5 +29 too.

Actually what you are not taking into account is that the 19x10.5 +29 will actually put the TIRE 4mm futher INWARD than your current setup.

Offset is offset and the 10.5 rim will stretch the tire, BUT it's 29 offset will center the tire in the wheel well 4mm further inward than your 9.5 +22

If you were to try the 9.5 +22 THEN you would have issues - your tire would stick out 3mm more than current.

Another option is MAYBE I can get the 9.5 +22 and machine it to +29 but I have to check with them (don't count on it).
The low stock is an indication of how popular these will be - they are selling before they are even landed.

Actually what you are not taking into account is that the 19x10.5 +29 will actually put the TIRE 4mm futher INWARD than your current setup.

Offset is offset and the 10.5 rim will stretch the tire, BUT it's 29 offset will center the tire in the wheel well 4mm further inward than your 9.5 +22

If you were to try the 9.5 +22 THEN you would have issues - your tire would stick out 3mm more than current.

Another option is MAYBE I can get the 9.5 +22 and machine it to +29 but I have to check with them (don't count on it).
The low stock is an indication of how popular these will be - they are selling before they are even landed.

A 10.5 +25 rim will stick out 13mm more than a 9.5 +25m rim with the same offset but one inch less width. The extra inch (25.4mm) wider divided by 2 is about 13 mm or so. I see what you are saying about the stretch, but the rim itself will be too far out pass my current setup.

I have paypal ready if you can get 19x9.5 in the +25 to +35 offset range. If not, I guess I will just lurk the marketplace online for used ones. Save even more money haha, just have to be patient, that's all.

Last edited:
A 10.5 +25 rim will stick out 13mm more than a 9.5 +25m rim with the same offset but one inch less width. The extra inch (25.4mm) wider divided by 2 is about 13 mm or so. I see what you are saying about the stretch, but the rim itself will be too far out pass my current setup.

I have paypal ready if you can get 19x9.5 in the +25 to +35 offset range. If not, I guess I will just lurk the marketplace online for used ones. Save even more money haha, just have to be patient, that's all.

OK - you are in luck! I can do it , please sign up on the group buy thread , I can machine the 19x9.5 to any offset up to +29 , or you can save money and run them at +22

Last edited:
OK so the group buy got off to a little bit of a rocky start, but it is now confirmed - the fitment will be:

19x9.5 +22 (I will offer to machine to any offset up to +29)

18x8 +35 (again I can machine to any offset up to +40)

I can also offer 19x10.5 +22 (can machine up to +29) rears

Sorry for all the changes but these are now confirmed!

Last edited:
Looks like they have CE28 replicas now
IMG_5768500W.jpg

Looks like they have CE28 replicas now
IMG_5768500W.jpg

If their TE37 project is any indication , it'll be probably 2012 before we see those , I'd probably buy those too...

Back