• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fake TE37 that looks good

Hey, they call that a thread jack - but I'll take it over the pissing...:wink:

I have the Varrs and man they look hot!!! I also have a bunch of other sets of wheels and love having the variety of changing them when I want and not breaking the bank. Also with Angus's turbo installed 5 pounds per wheel is no big deal.

4ed05d02.jpg

efc7d507.jpg

4a57addf.jpg

7031539c.jpg

Looks good, like the NSX color too. Never been a fan of the carbon fiber intake sill look tho.

Did you order these from Angus too? Cause they look like the base colors from the vendor...

Did you order these from Angus too? Cause they look like the base colors from the vendor...

These are from my group buy, you can find info on the color in the first post.

I have the Varrs and man they look hot!!! I also have a bunch of other sets of wheels and love having the variety of changing them when I want and not breaking the bank. Also with Angus's turbo installed 5 pounds per wheel is no big deal.

4ed05d02.jpg

efc7d507.jpg

4a57addf.jpg

7031539c.jpg

Very nice, wheels look awesome on there!!!

I got mine as well, i even knocked out the caliper painting over the long weekend. More pictures after i install the skirts.

You must be finding some busted NSX's if you're finding them for less than 21k....

The accord goes from 21k to around 32k so I guess he means one of the higher model ones - probably a V6 coupe.

Its not about what you can afford or not. Its about what works for you. All these people who talk about put the real one or nothing are Soooo worried about What OTHERS THINK of THEM, that they have to do what is socially acceptable by others. Or they feel less of a person lol. I dont live by what others think. I m the Boss and I can do what I want, when I want, How I want. When it comes to silly things like this, you guys sound like girls over their brand name purses. Get a life. Enjoy your family, spend money on taking them out to eat and treating your self in lifes better things. Funny how you buy expensive rims, but eat fast food half the week and penny pinch on every other aspect of your life except stuff you can show off. :rolleyes:

Its not about what you can afford or not. Its about what works for you. All these people who talk about put the real one or nothing are Soooo worried about What OTHERS THINK of THEM, that they have to do what is socially acceptable by others. Or they feel less of a person lol. I dont live by what others think. I m the Boss and I can do what I want, when I want, How I want. When it comes to silly things like this, you guys sound like girls over their brand name purses. Get a life. Enjoy your family, spend money on taking them out to eat and treating your self in lifes better things. Funny how you buy expensive rims, but eat fast food half the week and penny pinch on every other aspect of your life except stuff you can show off. :rolleyes:

I haven't read this whole thread but wanted to speak up about this post.

The reason why I would go with Volks over a knockoff brand is because I know about Volks quality. I know what I am getting. I don't know anything about this particular manufacturer and their manufacturing procedure.
That is all.

I haven't read this whole thread but wanted to speak up about this post.

The reason why I would go with Volks over a knockoff brand is because I know about Volks quality. I know what I am getting. I don't know anything about this particular manufacturer and their manufacturing procedure.
That is all.

Thats true, but even than you can find bunch of volk and other expensive name brand rims with Shattered rims pics all over internet. You go over bad enough pot holes, it will bend almost any rims . I like Volk rims and other brand names my self. But I dont think your car is less of a car or your any less of a person for not getting them. If it means that much to you, than definetly get brand names. If not, than dont just do it because all others think and say so. YOUR NOT A BALLER WITH AN NSX. NSX IS A CHEAP CAR. But if you got the 02 and above model, You are a Baller :biggrin:Lol
So fix it as you please, Nsx is just another HONDA. USE IT.
:biggrin: As long as you took those hidieous, ugly OEM cookie cutter wheels of your NSX, Your GOOD in my Book. Lol
I just want to make a point that its not about what you can afford, as I Can afford them and Many other here that dont, Can afford them but simply dont think its necessary. When they do find it necessary, they will change them to brand name they please.

Thats true, but even than you can find bunch of volk and other expensive name brand rims with Shattered rims pics all over internet. You go over bad enough pot holes, it will bend almost any rims . I like Volk rims and other brand names my self. But I dont think your car is less of a car or your any less of a person for not getting them. If it means that much to you, than definetly get brand names. If not, than dont just do it because all others think and say so. YOUR NOT A BALLER WITH AN NSX. NSX IS A CHEAP CAR. But if you got the 02 and above model, You are a Baller :biggrin:Lol
So fix it as you please, Nsx is just another HONDA. USE IT.
:biggrin: As long as you took those hidieous, ugly OEM cookie cutter wheels of your NSX, Your GOOD in my Book. Lol
I just want to make a point that its not about what you can afford, as I Can afford them and Many other here that dont, Can afford them but simply dont think its necessary. When they do find it necessary, they will change them to brand name they please.

You're making absolutely no sense. Why are you assuming that most people who buy Volks or other quality wheels do it to "show off," To be "ballers." This is ridiculous. I find NSX owners for the most part educated and supportive of the aftermarket industry- the industry that has given us TE37's in the first place. Then there are others who don't care, or don't have a moral obligation to support the industry. Don't use hearsay or "internet pictures" for the basis of your argument. Japanese forged wheels or even Work "cast" wheels are 100% better and stronger then any of these Chinese knock offs. This is a fact. These Fake TE37's are made in the cheapest casting method possible. To argue that potholes will impact fake or legit in the same way is absurd. Personally I don't care what people do, but these constant justifications from owners of fake wheels are getting boring.

Why do you think they put those ugly Volk and other brand stickers all over their rims? To show Everyone they got nice Brand Name rims. Does the Volk sticker make the rims stronger or lighter or better? Than why does EVERYONE leave them on there? I am not saying they are show offs, I am saying they care more about showing off. Everyone shows off a little.
Two questions if you dont mind. Would you prefer me having OEM 91 wheels or some fake te37 on my car?
And whats so horrible about ME getting rims that I like and think is priced right for me, thats not as Strong and light as yours? Is it really a sin? is it sooo bad that I should stick to OEM wheels?
Is it soo bad thats its Brand name or nothing? All I am saying its a good in between option for people to have.

You're making absolutely no sense. Why are you assuming that most people who buy Volks or other quality wheels do it to "show off," To be "ballers." This is ridiculous. I find NSX owners for the most part educated and supportive of the aftermarket industry- the industry that has given us TE37's in the first place. Then there are others who don't care, or don't have a moral obligation to support the industry. Don't use hearsay or "internet pictures" for the basis of your argument. Japanese forged wheels or even Work "cast" wheels are 100% better and stronger then any of these Chinese knock offs. This is a fact. These Fake TE37's are made in the cheapest casting method possible. To argue that potholes will impact fake or legit in the same way is absurd. Personally I don't care what people do, but these constant justifications from owners of fake wheels are getting boring.

Last edited:
One question. Would you prefer me having OEM 91 wheels or some fake te37 on my car?

Why are these the only two options? People who aren't "ballers" always make the argument that the reason they purchased "cheap" wheels is because they could not afford the more expensive Japanese wheels. My argument to them always is if you REALLY want the higher quality wheels, then delay the gratification. In your situation, you want fake wheels because they look good, but you don't feel the need to spend the money that Volk charges (regardless of your ability to afford the Volks). You can justify it anyway you want to. I'm simply giving you MY reasons why I support Rays. So back to your question, "do I prefer you to have OEM 91 wheels or fake TE37's?" I don't like the 91's simply for aesthetics. I don't like the Varrs simply because I will not under any circumstance support that company.

Why do you think they put those ugly Volk and other brand stickers all over their rims? To show Everyone they got nice Brand Name rims. Does the Volk sticker make the rims stronger or lighter or better? Than why does EVERYONE leave them on there? I am not saying they are show offs, I am saying they care more about showing off. Everyone shows off a little.
Two questions if you dont mind. Would you prefer me having OEM 91 wheels or some fake te37 on my car?
And whats so horrible about ME getting rims that I like and think is priced right for me, thats not as Strong and light as yours? Is it really a sin? is it sooo bad that I should stick to OEM wheels?
Is it soo bad thats its Brand name or nothing? All I am saying its a good in between option for people to have.

I answered your original question before you made the edit. Let me address your other points. First of all, Volk has made the TE37 for at least a decade. The sticker has been somewhat of a tradition for the TE37. Most Volk wheels have no sticker placement, so I don't understand your point. Why do people leave the sticker on? Why take it off? Who cares? The TE37 comes with Rays/Volk sticker. Some people think they are ugly, so they remove them. Others don't mind them at all and keep them on. Their is nothing "horrible" about you getting fake TE37 wheels. It's your choice. This is America after all. However, when you make some absurd comments or assumptions, I have to chime in my two cents.

Why are these the only two options? .

Because if you want rims that looks like the te37 but have oem 1991 wheels but dont want to spend money on Volks and HATE oem wheels. What Other Options do you have? Point me to it, and I will buy it...
If you look at it from my view, which is not wanting to keep the OEM wheels, as they are ugliest wheels Ive ever seen on any car. Than how You decide to move on? Which wheel do you go with ?
Stick to OEM? go with Varrs? Or what else in the same price range? Please do advice...

Because if you want rims that looks like the te37 but have oem 1991 wheels but dont want to spend money on Volks and HATE oem wheels. What Other Options do you have? Point me to it, and I will buy it...
If you look at it from my view, which is not wanting to keep the OEM wheels, as they are ugliest wheels Ive ever seen on any car. Than how You decide to move on? Which wheel do you go with ?
Stick to OEM? go with Varrs? Or what else in the same price range? Please do advice...

I thought price doesn't matter to you, or does it? I don't get it. Do you have some general rule on how much you think wheels should cost? I'm utterly confused.

Than how You decide to move on? Which wheel do you go with ?

Save ur pennies a bit longer and get some wedssports. Cheap and light. Being that I'm not a fan of the TE37 wheels real or fake have no opinion in between. I've owned rotas at the same time as a set of HRE C20s, I buy what I like and depending on the purpose of the wheels. I just so happen to not like CE28s either so the most popular models of the brand are not my cup of tea lol.

Happy motoring.

Talk about a resurgence, lol. I don't think baynsac was bashing anyone. I think it's people with negative comments like:

LOL I can afford an NSX, but I can not afford wheels. :biggrin:

that he was responding to that obviously are brand whores... LOL I do not know if JDM was joking or serious, but I will go with the latter. If you are offended, I'm sorry, but that comment in this context was not needed, which only brought about more tangents about the affordability of the NSX... So that statement is just asinine.

Wheels really have become as trivial for us as fashion. I remember in middle school, kids used to get teased because they wore walmart brand shoes or clothes and then in high school through college, it shifted to not mattering. Then after college, I found the resurgence of brands and taking sides again among those who we have began to accumate wealth, only this time with justifications for "maximum efficiencies" instead of the little if even existent justications during the junior high days.

It's junior high all over again, except this time decent money is involved and perhaps grammar is a little better also lol. This is what people do, they pick ideas or sides and the cohesion begins that eventually leads to some rude or even violent outburst from the really passionate or idiotic ones... Can't we just all be positive? :redface:

Back