• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fast & Furious 3 : Tokyo Drift

i'm planning to go see Fast & <B>FURRI</B>ous* 3: Tokyo Drift tonight... just wondering if anyone else has seen it, if it's crap, and more importantly are there any NSX's i should be looking out for (or trying not to look at, in 2F2F's case ;) )

* FURRI/FURRY is a trademark of Randy Pty Ltd. :D

NeoNSX said:
more importantly are there any NSX's i should be looking out for

I'm probably going to see it tomorrow too, although I'm not expecting a cinmeatic masterpiece. Hopefully it will be at least somewhat entertaining and maybe have some good action. There are a few NSXs that might appear in the film that you might recognize from Prime. Perhaps even one that you rode up to Prescott in during NSXPO. :biggrin: To the best of my knowledge they're all background cars, so be on the lookout in the underground garage scene as that is where they'll probably be featured, if at all even on screen.

The ending might be very interesting...:biggrin:

Ya it is one of those movies that you know is gonna be terrible, but you still have to see it.

I saw it last night. There is a yellow NSX w/ the veilside kit that is ina couple shots, but just in the background. The movie had a better tf&tf strory than #2, and better acting than #1. I left wanting a new car, but not any that I say in the film. And I also wondered "Where re they going to overnight parts from?"

Been getting good reviews, as opposed to completely awful, anyway. I'll watch/buy it regardless.

Vin Diesel at the end, raises some questions as to whether or not he actually will appear in part four, as rumours suggest.

Post a review when you can, neo.:smile:

I saw it yesterday afternoon too. I thought it was a decent action flick and about what you'd expect from the movie, not an award winner but pretty entertaining at least. I also didn't see any other NSXs in the film other than the yellow Veilside (numerous Veilsides were featured), although I know quite a few were around for the underground garage scene. I thought I caught a glimpse of our front fender, but it was very fleeting and tough to be sure.

Overall a decent film at least and probably worth a matinee ticket if you just want to enjoy the action and not worry too much about content. :smile:

Can someone tell me what car was the orange one with the wide body kit. ???? The one the main guy drives most of the time and the one that crashes at the end and burns up. ?????????

RX7 Fortune kit? I haven't watch it yet.

yaynsx said:
Can someone tell me what car was the orange one with the wide body kit. ???? The one the main guy drives most of the time and the one that crashes at the end and burns up. ?????????

I went and saw it not expecting much. And it delivered according to my expectations. Without blowing any spoilers, it's very predictable, very FORMULA, cliche characters, guys trying to be macho to prove their masculinity, a bit of storyline routinely added between car chases, and did i mention formula? :rolleyes:

There was a yellow NSX that appears in their workshop... with a terrible bodykit (just my opinion). I didn't point it out to my mates... it was embarrassing. :p

But on the positive: there are a few funny one-liners, the ending is a funny spoof, and most guys will enjoy looking at the occassional pretty Japanese girl as well as the cars. I got really excited at the appearance of the real drift king, Keiichi Tsuchiya; they should have given him a Mr.Miyagi role or something. :D :D

Summary: I'm very fussy with films, but as a "watch once fun flick" F&F3:TD is a fun popcorn night. Don't expect anything earth shattering.

poet_x said:
I also wondered "Where re they going to overnight parts from?"

I thought that too, but they mentioned Dali. :tongue: :biggrin: :wink:

Can someone tell me what car was the orange one with the wide body kit. ???? The one the main guy drives most of the time and the one that crashes at the end and burns up. ???????? For a sec I thought it was a wide body nsx.?

Hey yaynsx, no need to ask again. Jin1976 answered when you asked the first time. Google "RX7 Fortune" if you want to know more.

We just got back from seeing it.
I was better than the first two IMHO.
The driving was absolutely amazing.
I agree about the ending of it....leads to believe more are to come.

Just got back from seeing the movie with my wife. I loved it! The story line is a little thin, but great racing scenes, great cars, some cool Japanese sayings. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

BTW, to the person who asked, I believe it's actually a RX7 with a full Veilside kit. Its cool looking, but completely unrecognizable as a RX7...

I saw it opening night =)
i liked it.... the story was a obviously not Shakespeare but the
driving was very impressive (the ladies too :biggrin:)
although the last race scene is basically a carbon copy of a
scene from the Live Action Initial D (which isn't a bad thing though) :biggrin:

I'm sorry I wasted my 1 gig of download on the newsgroups.
Heres a couple of photos from the flix, sorry for the quality.
T Rev

Attachments

• FNFTD1.jpg
    FNFTD1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 175
  • FNFTD2.jpg
    FNFTD2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 186
i actually liked the second one a little better. I have the first 2 and plan on getting this one on DVD. I saw the movie "Initial D" a while back, TFTF#-tokyo drift seems to be a close copy. Initial D has good driving with as well. Overall not a bad movie, just kinda what i expected. IS everything "veilside" in the movie?:eek:

Definetely better than the first two movies. Surprisingly, I did not see ricers trying to drift after the movie.

NSXrebel said:
Definetely better than the first two movies. Surprisingly, I did not see ricers trying to drift after the movie.

Yeah, it actually wasn't too bad. It would probably do even better if it didn't have any links to "fast and furious"...

I was very upset at the amount of NSX time...I think it was about a total of 3 secs broken up throughout the movie. A hint of NSX I'll call it...just that damn yellow one with the veilside kit. :(

Back