• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Favorite Movie of ALL TIME!

Please post what you feel is your all-time favorite movie and why?
Here's mine:
Once Upon a Time in America. Sergio Leone
My Reason?
I've seen a lot of movies over the years and this one just keeps coming back to the top of the list time-after-time, and I really cannot put my finger on it as to why? It has to be the long version only!

watch

My all-time favorite is Tampopo.

It's a classic. To this day I can't watch it without getting hungry and going out for ramen! :biggrin:

2001 Space oddessey not because it was the best in it's time, but because it's the best EVER! I can't watch 10 mins of it without commiting to the whole thing. uh oh gotta watch it next.

Band of Brothers - the HBO mini-series.

Why? Watch it. Its our history and shows what consideration, compassion for others, and a will to be loyal to others is all about.

Band of Brothers - the HBO mini-series.

Why? Watch it. Its our history and shows what consideration, compassion for others, and a will to be loyal to others is all about.
You're right. B.O.B was a tremendous film. I guess it was more like a movie even though in the mini-series for tv category. That one would be way up near the top of the list for me.

Just one?? Favorite.. as in has the most meaning to me?

Purple Rain.
=================
Favorite as in the most entertaining

Shawshank Redemption
=================
Favorite as in best action flick

HEAT

I really don't have just one favorite.

For instance, my most favorite movie to throw up in the air and blow apart with a shotgun, Freedomland!:biggrin:

Thank God Sarge kept the thread on topic:redface:pvmike and Steveny could have turned this into a "name that lake" contest thread:eek:

Pulp Fiction

NSFW!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I-7f7vVCqvI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I-7f7vVCqvI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

gonna be hard to pick just one but i'll go with

Shawshank Redemption
The Goonies
Poolhall Junkies
The Color of Money

Jeremiah Johnson. No contest.

The Matrix #1 only...
If Keanue Reaves could only act, it would have been even better, but even with 2 poor actors (him and the girl..) it was a great movie.

It's all about Lawrence of Arabia. If you graph the net quality of movies, you will find that quality steadily increased until 1962 with the release of LoA, and then steadily decreased since then, in classic normal curve style.

No movie is perfect -- except Lawrence.

:cool::wink:

Back