• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Favorite Movie of ALL TIME!

You are freaking me out!

My favorite movie is Shawshank Redemption, but the rest of your picks are weird!!!

Pool Hall Junkies was one of the worst movies I have ever seen and I LOVE pool. The Hustler was much better than the Color of Money and Goonies is just another bad movie.

Hey I'm an 80's kid. Goonies was my all time favorite as a kid. I still get the big grin on my face when I hear the theme music. As far as poolhall junkies, well there are only what 3-4 actual "pool" movies out there, I like them all. Color of Money > Junkies just on Paul Newman factor alone, Hustler is another great.

Speaking of Poolhall Junkies, Massey was doing an exhibition at one of our local poolhalls tonight, He signed my Junkies dvd and a cueball/stick and my hat :biggrin:

Alien and Aliens.

Blade Runner

That said, Star Wars (A New Hope) probably had the biggest impact on my life.

Surprised no one has mentioned Gladiator yet...it's one of my faves (along with many already mentioned here)

For me, Blu-ray...which reminds me. When is Star Wars coming out on Blu?

I just saw it's short rerelease in the theater last year. bu anywayss what's with blade runners 200 different endings.

Alien and Aliens.

I wish my car was a clean as your avatar, but keeping with the thread both are great films top 20 for me but my top 20's are really the same greatness. (aside from my #1) Come to think of it it's really not cool to seperate both great alien movies to take up two spots as they are most often mentioned together so I'll start listing it as Alien(s)

One Crazy Summer
Big Trouble in Little China.
What about Bob
Predator

Last edited:
So hard to pick one, here's my top 5

1. Requiem For A Dream
2. American History X
3. Fight Club
4. Blow
5. Crash

And some great comedies for good measure:

1. Half-Baked
2. Old School
3. Dumb & Dumber

what's with blade runners 200 different endings.

I think it is so Ridley Scott can release 200 different versions on Blu-ray (the set I own has 5 different versions). Even though I am quite familiar with the original and Director's Cut, I could barely detect the editorial changes in the so-called Final Cut...but the image quality was certainly impressive (saw it at the Landmark in West L.A.).

Gladiator is near the top of my most re-watchable list. Ridley Scott is da man!

No mention of Princess Bride? The Lord of the Rings? Raiders of the Lost Ark? No animated films yet? Tough crowd!

Last edited:
I just remembered how much I enjoyed the movie "Fly Away Home"...its very good. Definitely one of my favorites.

I cant decide between......

The God Father II

Dont be a menace in south central while drinking your juice in the hood

The Waking Life.
It's a very weird movie about philosophy. I have no idea how many times I've watched it now.

I bet there are more than fifteen movies on here that make my top list, but I have not seen the The Crow mentioned yet. Love that one. My favorite "Loose my man card" would be Breakfast at Tiffany's. Audrey is a doll!

Where are the old timers responses? I would like to know what movies they watch. Maybe I missed something good before I was born?
who you callin' old timer?!

the long gray line, (i believe) won best film in '55... one of my favorites.

blazing saddles, amadeus and henry v (branagh version) are my top 3 favorites.

Where are the old timers responses? I would like to know what movies they watch. Maybe I missed something good before I was born?

casablanca on a BIG screen
chinatown
gladiator
blade runner
little big man
jeremiah johnson

and one weird one i saw recently that will not be on my favorite list forever but i cannot stop talking about it...
THE DEVIL'S REJECTS

Last edited:
Glory (Civil War Flick) - Because of the cast of actors.

The Rock - Because of the kick@ss soundtrack and John Patrick Mason (Sean Connery).

Schindler's List - Because it has the best soundtrack and a "killer" storyline.

Big Trouble in Little China - Because........ I said so...

Has anyone seen The Hurt Locker yet? Is it worth going to see? I have the night open for a good flick tomorrow. :confused:

Watched the Deer Hunter last night with Robert De Niro, very, very good movie. Still my one of my all time favorites is the Hunt for Red October.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High
The Great outdoor
Planes, Trains and Automobile
Dumb and Dumber
Wedding Singer
Weird Science
Ever After
Back to School
Caddy Shack
National Lampoons Vacation

Back