• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fender Well Clips

Anyone local need some of these?
They are ridiculously expensive from dealer - $3 each! All too easy to break a couple if you've ever removed one of the fender wells or front fender splash guards.
I just bought two boxes of 15 for $36 shipped (mimimum order required)
Anyone want to take a box of 15 off my hands for $18?

D'Ecosse said:
Anyone local need some of these?
They are ridiculously expensive from dealer - $3 each! All too easy to break a couple if you've ever removed one of the fender wells or front fender splash guards.
I just bought two boxes of 15 for $36 shipped (mimimum order required)
Anyone want to take a box of 15 off my hands for $18?

Ken are these the "push pin type"? If they are, I'll take the box from you.

Romeo, you are fast. If you are interested in selling some clips to me (half the box? :biggrin: ), please PM me. I could use some.

are Acura bumper/fender-liner clips universal for all Acura models?

D'Ecosse/Ken, do you think fender-liner/bumper clips for various Acura models are universal? A few of mine have become casualties on the NSX, but I have a few from an old Integra in a box somewhere... :confused:

Re: are Acura bumper/fender-liner clips universal for all Acura models?

Osiris_x11 said:
D'Ecosse/Ken, do you think fender-liner/bumper clips for various Acura models are universal? A few of mine have become casualties on the NSX, but I have a few from an old Integra in a box somewhere... :confused:
According to Honda part cross reference, the NSX fender clip is used on
CL; Legend; RL (incl new model) RSX; 95-98 TL & TSX.
No Integra though

mickeylex said:
Romeo, you are fast. If you are interested in selling some clips to me (half the box? :biggrin: ), please PM me. I could use some.

Nalesh,

I will split a box with you...

Mike

I looked at the link from Drew (auveco.com). They don't sell retail. I'm going to check out the ones they have at Nissan ($.60 is what I'm hearing). If those don't work out, I'll buy a couple of boxes from the Clip Link and share with others here.

spartan2-3 said:
Ok Ken, let me know when they come in :smile:

Nalesh, I think I'll need around 10 pieces, will 5 work for you?

Romeo,
You are a good man. Thanks for the offer. Since others want clips too, I'll just go in on a bunch with others. I won't need the five, but thanks anyway.

Wow! I'm amazed at the popularity of this - well then again I guess not really, since the pieces of crap are so easily broken, even with the best care in the removal process. It's such a commonly needed part (I think we all probably have a few down, that you can just about get away with but be real nice to have) that a community like this is such a valuable resource!

mickeylex said:
I won't need the five, but thanks anyway
LOL - maybe not now ...... but eventually! I know I actually bought some OEM before & even got a handful from the body shop. I'm really careful (honest!) but still manage to break at least a couple in the process of removing/replacing the wells. Last time, while fitting up side skirts I thought damn, wish I had few of those left. Nice part just to have have a handful in your tool box.

Lowe's sells them too. They can be found in the "specialy fastener" drawers. They're usually 3 to 5 or so in a bag depending on the size you need and they're cheap.

You guys need to establish a relationships for parts and labor for your NSX's, Ryan @ Acura of stockton is a good contact for these parts also I paid far less than $3.00 from Comptech as my race car has them everywhere. Remember if you came to the Acura of Stockton and go to the Sacto meetings you get a 25% discount or maybe you don't know this.

Steve

Its only money

SMGNSX said:
...Remember if you came to the Acura of Stockton and go to the Sacto meetings you get a 25% discount or maybe you don't know this.....
Hmm. 25% off $3 - tempting - that's a whole $0.75 savings per clip (plus tax of course & gas to get there ....)
So ..... $2.25 plus tax & gas (or shipping) or $1.20 in my hands? That's a tough one ......
.... but, think I'll stick with the $1.20 deal Steve. <!--StartFragment -->
pain.gif

Its only money
Yeah, but it's hard to come by which is why I chose the route I did. <!--StartFragment -->
winknudge.gif

It's not that an overall few dollars savings is a huge deal - just that $3 (or $2.25) for that part is ridiculous.

Romeo - I may have to renege on my offer - it looks like I will probably need more than I thought. I'm going to get new fender wells I think & will undoubdtedly use more than original estimate - a box of 15 isn't quite 4 per corner & I know I am already close to that.

There doesn't seem to short of people looking for these though - maybe you guys can get together & split a couple of boxes.

Bringing this back to the top.

I checked out Lowe's hardware drawers and the ones they have are plastic rivets, but they are not the same design as the OEM Acura ones. I also looked at the Nissan ones and what I was shown was different from the push button ones we have. They are similar and will work, but they are different.

Ken,
Just to confirm - the link you posted are for the push button type clip, correct? Its the one where you push the button in to get the clip out?

If these are the push button ones, then I'm willing to place an order for us. I'll probably want one box and I can order boxes for others. You can pay me when you see me and I'll bring your clips.

I will take a whole box, to not have to order two boxes. Between the two cars, I have many empty holes:rolleyes: and just as empty a wallet:D

mickeylex said:
...Ken, Just to confirm - the link you posted are for the push button type clip, correct? Its the one where you push the button in to get the clip out? ...
Yes, they are the push-pin clips - they look slightly different, maybe a tad longer. I'll test one for fit this evening & post side-by-side pics of the OEM & these.

Well Ken do they fit correctly? I know the site but I just need to verify before I order 3 or four boxes of this part number. Thanks.

I need a box...or just 4-7 of em. Please PM me if anyone has a hook up or just wants to sell me some.

Back