• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ferrari 456GT - not what i expected

I've always thought the 456GT was one of the best looking Ferraris. I found one locally advertised at a reaonable price. I just got back from test driving it. It was rather disappointing. I was under the impression that the V12 had monstrous torque. It didn't feel any torq-ier than my NSX, granted mine is turboed (only 5 lbs). Handling was like a boat compared to the NSX but that's to be expected from 4 seat GT car. What disappointed me the most was the build quality. I think what's amazing about the NSX is that even though it's hand built, the robotic precision isn't lost. Not so with Ferraris... it's obvious they are hand built. Everything (especially interior) is just slightly off.

I might have to settle for a C4S:biggrin:

What year 456? The '99 and up 456M is a much better car. Also was it a 6sp or auto? A 456m 6sp with a tubi and filters is by no means a slouch.

Ben

beckertb said:
What year 456? The '99 and up 456M is a much better car. Also was it a 6sp or auto? A 456m 6sp with a tubi and filters is by no means a slouch.

1995 6speed, completely stock. It definitely wasn't a slouch. But for a car that retailed at over $250k, I'd expect something more than just "not a slouch".

The 456 is a heavy GT. It is not a sports car.

Back