• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ferrari of Washington Track Days at Summit Point

Who's going to the FWash event on Monday/Tuesday? Please post up!

Name & Days:

GOTTSPD: Monday
Chris NSX: Monday
John McCain: Monday/Tuesday
DCNSX: Maybe
I1O101I: Monday/Tuesday
Nihalation: Maybe

Bryan, your GF took some pics at the FoW track day. Would you post them up here?

070408%20005.jpg

070408%20044.jpg

070408%20151.jpg

Following the GT40 for most of the day.

IMG_1579.JPG

I got a shot from my camcorder in the car. FIRE!!

070408%20297.jpg

I even got to ride in the GT40 at the last session

More pictures here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/redf1nsx/SummitPoint7210872208?authkey=MJ-Y53dhrQE

I will try to post some video clips from in car camcorder
Bryan

Last edited:
I had an absolute BLAST, met some new folks and re-met some guys from last year. The track surface IS a mess in turns 1, 5 and 6 but I'm sure they will work it out in the off-season.

some random thoughts:

A big thanks to Bryan for swapping NSXs with me for one session- that suspension set-up (and exhaust) is AWESOME.

That Gallardo was the fastest guy in our group- way quicker than the Murcielago- I think we all passed him.

Anyone got a photo of Mark's Aston? or all of us in the paddock?

Gottspeed - good to see you again, my man.

I would like to plan a trip to Barber (in Alabama) for maybe February. Is anyone interested? Folks could overnight at my place in Chapel Hill, NC which is roughly half-way from DC.

Another, closer event is with the NC Ferrari Club at VIR. anyone interested?

Howard,

I've got some pictures of the paddock I'll post up soon!!! You make it to Roanoke ok??? I rushed back to work to find out dinner was canceled:(

Nice job guys. I wish I coulda been there!

Howard. The boys were impressed with your driving skills :)

ak- don't sell that NSX !!! I can get you a soooooper -good deal mortgage so you don't have to sell it !!!

I did find some more speed this year, mainly thru better braking and a smoother transition from braking to throttle. but ak was always just a little faster than me.

john- made it back down 81 that night but had to pull off before Roanoke due to some WICKED thunderstorms- lightning every few seconds would light up the mountains- but eventually it was such a downpour I had to pull over, as i was worried my balding Azenis might not be the best rain tire! got home fine and finished up my vacation week at the Floyd World Music Festival up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. On Sunday enjoyed the NSX some more on some twisties coming down from the mountains.

Man, looks like u guys had lots of fun, wish I could have made it, works been to busy to take off hopefully we all can meet up soon or make another trip to summit

I think I will go to CMP in S. Carolina Oct. 11-12. I have been itchin' to get back to that track and see if i can do better this time. Kind of a hike for you DC guys, though.

I'll be back at Summit next year, though.

And don't forget- I would love to get a group together to go down to Barber in Alabama in Feb./March next year.

Brian and Chris are you guys going next month??? I think I'm gonna do all 3 days!!! :eek: :biggrin: :tongue:

Last edited:
Back