• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Few questions..

I'm trying to gain as much knowledge before taking the plunge, just wondering what upgrades motor etc. throughout the production of the NSX. Like what upgrades changes it recieved every so many years and which year range example (91-95) is the best year to purchase.. thanks everyone..

I DreamnNSX said:
I'm trying to gain as much knowledge before taking the plunge, just wondering what upgrades motor etc. throughout the production of the NSX. Like what upgrades changes it recieved every so many years and which year range example (91-95) is the best year to purchase.. thanks everyone..

There's lots of knowledge in the FAQ section.

Also, no one year is inherently worse than any other year. All things being equal, buy the most recent year.

The fastest is the 99 Zanardi, slowest is the 95-T & 96-T.

DAGNSX said:
what makes the 95-T and the 96-T the slowest?

Heaviest NSX ever built with the smaller engine.

In the years you posted they all are the same except for the 95 which is an NSX-T and has a targa top(great for sunny days). It is a little bit heavier but I don't think you will even notice it. I had a 95 for 2 years and now I miss her.. but my new to me 98 NSX-T is getting dropped off in the morning, so maybe she'll make me forget. :biggrin:

No, I certainly wouldn't let that deter you from purchasing a 95 or 96. I was simply trying to illustrate the lack of differences between years. There is remarkably little variance over the course of the NSX's life.

demigod said:
In the years you posted they all are the same except for the 95 which is an NSX-T and has a targa top(great for sunny days). It is a little bit heavier but I don't think you will even notice it. I had a 95 for 2 years and now I miss her.. but my new to me 98 NSX-T is getting dropped off in the morning, so maybe she'll make me forget. :biggrin:

I went into the dealer for a light bulb for my 95 NSX T; Ended up test drive a 03.... rigth after the test drive... I trade my old lady in for a younger one.... The 95 was a great car, fun and quick, the 03 is just a league higher. I'm not sure about the extra 20 HP, but the shorter - six gear tranny really kicks.

The 03 also felt much lighter

Dont the displacement of the engine change over the years.? From like 3.0 to a 3.2? also what year range was the targa offered?

Back