• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Finally droppped the car off to get the bell TT kit on

Didn't you recently have GJ's turbo on your car?

If so, why the change?

I had Gerry build my engine and help me install my engine and bell turbo kit. I did want his turbo kit, but my wife decided to surprise me by buying the bell kit. I couldn't say no to her.

My experiences have been with the HKS EVC 4, its a older one but it NEVER over boosted on me...I ran this on a turbo Type-R.....if you have the funds..I would suggest the new HKS EVC 5....personally HKS products are always top notch in my book....don't forget, its not always the boost controllers problem with over boost or not being able to hold boost.

Also when I had the car...I did a couple of dyno pulls at autowave with a boost read out, and it held a steady boost throughout the rpm's and at different boost settings.

Alittleboost said:
My experiences have been with the HKS EVC 4, its a older one but it NEVER over boosted on me...I ran this on a turbo Type-R.....if you have the funds..I would suggest the new HKS EVC 5....personally HKS products are always top notch in my book....don't forget, its not always the boost controllers problem with over boost or not being able to hold boost.

Also when I had the car...I did a couple of dyno pulls at autowave with a boost read out, and it held a steady boost throughout the rpm's and at different boost settings.

Agreed....I have the same experience with the EVC 5. You can also position the readout unit in plain view while hiding the control unit. Great piece of equipment. I ran it in my 300zx TT.

Are there any companies that make the harness?

nsxlover said:
but my wife decided to surprise me by buying the bell kit. I couldn't say no to her.

I wish I have this kind of surprise from my wife. :wink:

I heard the only way to get the Bell kit to work is with the AEM Ems for OBD1 cars only they are hand gernades without it. The OBD11 cars have real problems with this kit, I am sorry but I thought Bell kits were a thing of the past as 8 out of 10 have failed but that was a some time ago maybe it has improved, let me know how it works out

Back